Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

OK cannot wait for the programs and any available snippets.
    I have so much work on Friday but I have told everyone that I will not be in to work. In fact DH very kindly offered to pick me up at noon in case I want to go in for half the day and get back for the CTV broadcast.
    Its great that all of Skate Canada will be on CTV live.

Its a big week end for us T&S and Pchiddy fans and I have already purchased my snacks at Whole Foods!

2. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Actually I enjoy reading the competition forums because it gives me an idea of what the general skating fans think about skater's program. For ubers their favorite skaters can make a pinch the turd pose and will still be called beautiful, but it's interesting (to me) to see get a sense of how the program actually stands in the general public's mind.

Like last year's FF, and apparently this year D/W's Notre Dame are getting the same negative treatment from the general public. But I think V/M fans here weren't too crazy about FF too unlike the D/W ubers who are practically crying of joy from Notre Dame... and we are the brainwashed ones haha!

The uneducated hatred though (e.g. Chan can fall five times and win everything) and attack on the personal level I don't care for at all. However that can happen everywhere on the forum.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Very much so :). BTW Wyliefan I have nothing personally against you. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and you and others are free to think this thread or V/M fans are being/are ridiculous. IDK I guess I felt if you can say it in there, you can say it here too.
    No no, it's not to that extent. I'll also like to make clear that I wasn't trying to put down FSU in general. It's a great site where a fairly new skating fan, like me, can learn a lot. And I'm certainly not trying to scare off people from buying a subscription--as sensitive as I am, I'm still interested in reading other people's opinions. And I love the V/M family here :)!

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Right back at ya. :) But I honestly do believe that neither V/M nor any other team has a corner on the romantic market, and so to accuse D/W or anyone else of encroaching on their territory simply makes no sense at all. We might as well blame V/M for stealing from G/G, or G/G from stealing from couples before them.

5. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I love V/M, but they weren't the first team to have a "romantic connection" and they certainly won't be the last. To assume so (as some posters have done in this thread) is utterly ridiculous and sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to the rest of us.

That said, do V/M do romantic programs well? Absolutely. But do D/W, W/P, etc. also do romantic programs well? Yes, IMO.

6. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I agree with Wyliefan. In fairness, D/W's about as romantic and "connected" as DomShabs Olympic OD was Australian Aboriginal.

Additionally, I think most people feel uber-threads are for ubers, so I can see many people not criticizing ubers in their thread for a reason (don't rain on other's parade, and all that jazz_).

re: new thread titles

I think we should save "Our Living Legends" for Sochi. I like the idea of using Waltz in the title. "Sir Anthony's Waltz" or something like that could be cool.

7. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It would also be good to take note of how many people actually suggested that versus how many were just expressing their :eek: and :lol: at the post skate choreography and quotes and that in doing so doesn't mean they think anyone has a patent on anything. People are getting carried away in a number of ways.

8. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Beat me to it, but thanks. People want to read what they want to read then go to a limited-access topic and twist and decontextualize what has been said, not to mention throw snarky comments. Not only that, but some thrive on out-snarking each other. All this sarcasm and mocking; it's less about the skating and more about how many rep points you can get.

Anyway, I like the Waltz title too.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

IoanaC and (deleted member) like this.
  9. sequins

sequins Active Member

I actually liked FF from the get go so I guess I am brain washed:shuffle:,and I still like it to this day.

Exactly. I am of course one of them but I never said they couldn't do it I just stated I didn't care for it, it seemed unnatural and awkward. I didn 't see that connection during the program and I want them to work on that not the nonsense after it doesn't matter then. I just don't like it. That doesn't mean I hate them(I'm a fan) or think they are copying V/M or anyone else. They wanna do it go for it I'm just stating an opinon with no malice intended, can we not do that? Or if we do are we suddenly vicious and crazy?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  10. walei

walei Well-Known Member

I loved it too but I can see why there are people that didn't because of the music or style, which is what I meant in my original post. I was really referring to all the sentiments of the D/W ubers questioning fans on this side of the fence picking on their favorite team as negative for being negative sake when there is clearly a general problem to their new FD.

Having said that I don't think it's also right to say V/M has the ownership of the romantic connection in their dancing. It's just D/W came off as try-hards with that post program choreo. The first time I saw it I laughed and I think it's partly due to the hilarity of the gestures and partly I felt awkward watching that moment so the laugh was my way to diffuse the discomfort, which never happens when I watch V/M or many other skating couples.

11. martyross

martyross Active Member

and you can't google real googly eyes. it's not authentic!

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks! For the link and for moving us on to another topic ;) I hope we get a glimpse of V&M in practice, I like seeing their programs in their black practice outfits as it really shows off their movement and lines.

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I loved funny face. I thought that their performance at the GPF of FF was the best FD of the season.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think this time we will see new dress for Carmen on Skatebuzz and another Scotts white shirt ;)

16. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Scott in a white shirt, that'll be a nice change ;)

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:)

18. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:lol:
    Looking forward to seeing V&M's new programs too, and all the best to them.

19. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Anyone else want to pledge with me not to watch the practice videos? I'd rather wait to see the programs in competition with full costumes. :)

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, i cant do this - i will watching practice, sorry ;) But i will not tell nothing beofre i will see there programs in competitions.

21. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks, but it would be unreasonable for me to expect it not to be discussed in here and the Skate Canada forum. I was just wondering if anyone else was going to try to avoid watching. I will probably end up giving in anyway. :lol:

Are you going to be there in person? I would definitely watch it live if I could! But on video... I think it'll be better to wait.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, no. I have a plan to be at CoR if i can. :)
    I will watch video "live"

23. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Me too, barring any visa troubles...

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

So do I.

25. martyross

martyross Active Member

i'll try to resist the...temptation.. to watch before the due time. i have no access to the live streaming but i guess it will be taped so it will be a challenge. i'll be reading the first comments here, though...suffering in silence :D

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope all will be OK and you will be in Moscow ;)

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Now i start thinking - could i see V-M "live" or need to wait.

28. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Oh, you're all stronger than I am! I'll be glued to the screen on Thursday!:)

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:D Maybe i am too

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member