Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

As for Igor, I'm not surprised. I always knew it. And, yes, that other team must have been VM. It's so obvious what he's doing here. I hope Tessa and Scott kick ass.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Whoa. Let's not get too carried away. I think underhanded is a bit harsh at this point. They are doing all they think they need to do to win. I expect V&M will do the same.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So Tessa nd cott need to fight not nly with other competitiors, but with there coaches too.
    Hope they will be OK and Cant wait t see them. Just miss them.

4. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

A repeat - he said it was "for a team that did not happen". I think, from this text, it's quite clear that "didn't happen" is about that team, not the dance. Tessa and Scott can't be called a "team that didn't happen", can they?

5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Needs to be highlighted. I read it the same as you. I guessed earlier maybe Silverstein and Pekarik. I don't think one could consider Fedor and Jana years ago.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you think Igor could said - i had this idea fro V-M for OG, but after we were split with Marina, i gave my idea to Anna and Luca?
    But its not important now. All happened and Tessa-Scott couldnt change nothing.

7. Golightly

I do not like tactics that involve copying others. In any sport. I find it distasteful, so yeah, I was harsh and I won't apologise for it. Also, this is my opinion, other members of this forum are free to disagree. I say this in case any DW fan happens to read my post and go about saying the VM fans are calling DW's tactics this and that. They are not, only me. You can quote me even :)

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I think the top teams need to have there own style.

9. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Nothing really new from last year when quite a few people posting in V/M's thread kept saying both Igor and Marina were working against Tessa and Scott. However, V/M prevailed.:D

10. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This. I'm not particularly convinced that D/W are really terribly close, but what they are doing is gamemanship, pure and simple. They're not trying to have a closer connection in their own way; they're trying to have a closer connection by copying a team that's considered their closest rival.

11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Of course you can have your opinion. You just seemed excited and when pani gets excited you tend to tell her to calm down ;)

My opinion is that skaters often imitate other skaters. I´m not convinced though that in this case it's a winning strategy for D&W simply because these two teams have been ice dance in recent years and watched very closely. It's going to be seen as insincere to some and even a bit desparate. Others of course will see it differently and as proof of something else.

If V&M stay injury free and skate for themselves, developing their programs throughout the season I'm not feeling that worried for them.

12. Golightly

Because Pani tends to overreact. Gamesmanship, however, is very serious. To me, at least.

13. iNap

iNap Active Member

I am worry. T-S made trademark patent on connection. They should sue D-W and get ban on using connection. W-P also steal this connection. This is class action type. Igor should be sued for stealing V-M programs. Marina should be sued for causing this greate trouble.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  14. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

And maybe when you think pani is overreacting it's just her reaction to something she takes very seriously ;)

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Gosh you are funny.

16. Golightly

I shouldn't, but fine, let's go.

I do not think Virtue and Moir patented their connection because you cannot patent something that's innate. As I am sure other teams have shared a similar connection over the years, even Weaver and Poje, yes. Many greats have been known to share a unique connection that elevates their skating to a much higher level, this is not exclusive to Virtue and Moir. Over. The. Years. Can I repeat that? Over the years. If you have a style, own it, my friend, especially if you are a team as amazing as D-W is. Want to work on your connection? Commendable. But I didn't see a team showing, in their own way, they are now more connected on the ice (and off). I saw a team deliberately replicating expressions, gestures and movements. Oh, and before you say you cannot do that because paralinguistic features aren't unique and, therefore, are common to all human beings, think again. There's a little something call idiolect, which includes, yes, paralinguistic features. We know these teams, some know them better than others, but the fact remains that we are able to identify certain things that are unique to each one of them as skaters. Let me repeat that, AS SKATERS, as I do not claim to know them as people. It's very clear what's going on here and it's gamesmanship.

Quite true. That is fair enough.

17. Lissa

Lissa New Member

So we can see D&W SD later on Icenetwork for free today!

What has been the feedback to their SD & FD?

18. iNap

iNap Active Member

This is more trouble than I imagine. Marina cause gamemanship for all teams. V-M not show up at Finlandia last minutes. Igor could sue Marina. Marina want to find out what Igor did and use V-M. I never think this. Why team listens to Marina all the time?

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Okay I saw the practice video everybody is talking about, I actually think this could be a really good program, but the "new" connection is certainly blatant. The cupping of the face and stopping to stare in each other's eye is very reminiscent of Tessa and Scott. I don't know what to think tbh, but I'm a bit amused at the thought of both teams having intimate stare offs during competitions. This season is gonna be very interesting indeed.

Dude, you're not funny...at all. And if you're going to mimic/imitate somebody try to be consistent with it--you're just coming across as really lame right now.

20. Golightly

Funny, I agree. Skaters are being used, which is very sad indeed.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

OK, i will wait untill SC. But V-M see everyday, what D-W are doing. So look like they dont care or even like this.
    And look C-L practice video - how they try to look at each other during stop at FD run-throw. :)

22. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, we all know that "Imitation is the greatest form of Flattery". The thing is that others can try imitating, but nobody does it better :)

23. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Well Weaver & Poje were amazing, great for the start of the season & they are dancing to music from The Sound of Music! These 2 are quickly becoming my favs! Could Andrew be any more gorgeous:p

Did not like Tanith Belbin going on about how they were weak at the end of the dance, of course she is saving all her gushing for you know who :rolleyes: she needs to get a clue...

24. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If Meryl and Charlie got a 71 with that dance, Tessa and Scott should hopefully get a 75 with their SD.

25. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

"Should" being the key-word here...;) Haven't seen D/W's SD yet, so I'll reserve my judgement until I do.
    But I can't wait to watch Tessa and Scott waltz again.

26. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

Meryl&Charlie have a very well choreographed SD and judges awarded highly at Skate Canada.
    I am really excited to see what has Marina come up with for Tessa and Scott! I love their music choice and cannot wait to see it in action!

27. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I didn't really like Meryl and Charlie's dance. I thought that it should have scored around a 70 and then 69 with the lift deduction. I hate the costumes.
    I think that Tessa and Scott will be fine, but they probably won't be.
    Anyway, I'm glad that Meryl and Charlie are trying to make a Tessa and Scott free because it will show how much of a distance there actually is between the teams.

28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I like the concept of the Giselle SD. I think Meryl still has a lot of work to do, playing a ballerina highlights her flaws, but it´s a good competitive program. From the SD and the bits we saw from the FD I don't think choreographically Marina is missing Igor so I'm excited to see what V&M have!!

29. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I don't know if I agree with the idea Marina made a Tessa and Scott free?? It seems very much along the same lines as past D&W programs (POTO, Samson etc..) It's the sudden affection when they aren't skating where I see imitation. I think that is why I'm not really worried. D&W are doing what they do best in a FD so we know what to expect from them. It's up to V&M to make Carmen work for them.

30. Golightly

Exactly.