Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Where did you read that? Thought they said in an earlier interview they chose Igor over Marina in the split because they had their own choreographer?

2. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I knew it.

As for the "war", you are giving this supposed battle way too much importance. It's like comparing Roger Federer to Tommy Haas, two players who are part of the same generation with two very different careers.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12256

4. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Thanks and hmmm :lol: It's weird to explain but knowing that he choreographed that makes me less impressed with the FD. Probably because of all the posts I read about how Igor would have been the better choice over Marina for better programs and I don´t feel that program is unique or outstanding. It does however explain why some movements reminded me of Tessa and Meryl.

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

At one message board a lot off people said Anna look like Tessa in FD, but not in SD. Now i understand why.
    And thats why this FD didnt look so great like Paola Mizzardi and Luidmila Vlasova work. (at this point).
    But we didnt saw Marina work in this season yet.

6. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Yes. We need to see what they did. I feel confident they are capable of better but it will be interesting to see them side by side at SC.

7. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I've always tried to resist thinking the worst of Igor...( Why did I bother ?:rolleyes: )

I tried to think he couldn't have encouraged the C/B pairing ,which left Emily high and dry ( and IMO has far less potential than S/B had )...

Tried to refrain from taking sides over the split ... But I have to say this seems petty and vindictive.

I feel sorry for all the skaters .

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thats my point too :( And this show how skaters belive in there coaches and there ideas. Before split Tessa never thought about "Carmen", Anna and Luca had another idea for FD.
    Coaches will be OK, they have a lot off years of coaching ahead of them. But some skaters have only 2 years ahead.

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Scott's injury might have given them time to work on another FD? I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if you think it is, then ignore it :).

10. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

No because they've known they were skating the same FD for a while now and in the middle of September at HPC they said they were skating to Carmen. Doesn't make sense they would then suddenly switch FDs.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hm... Considering D-W changed FD after USA traning camp, this could happened.
    From other hand - i think if Tessa-Scott have made something special in FD and they both sure in this FD, they need to save it. Just IMHO.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

The "Part 1" was just probably some sort of template. R/H's and W/P's profiles are the same, with part 1 even though with just a single music entry.

Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje

ETA: Oops, I was thinking more in the lines of changing the music, as was speculated above, not the original opera versus Shchedrin ballet suite. Hope that was just an error, just like the nonupdate of the coaches entry.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Davis/White didn't change their FD after the USA camp. It was said long before the camp that they had considered Sinatra for their FD at first, but had chosen different music. There was no actual dance made to that Sinatra music. Besides, they also said long before the training camp that their FD music was something that they had wanted to skate to for a long time. And recently they said in an interview that 'Notre Dame de Paris' was that music they had wanted to use for a long time.

As for Tessa and Scott's FD - I too think that they haven't thought about changing their FD if they really like it.

15. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

They didn't change any of their programs after Champs Camp this year. Last season they changed their FD and the season before that it was their SD.

16. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Which one of the two coaches/choreographers was the first to give Carmen to their students, Marina to V/M or Igor to C/L? Whichever one it was, I find the other stealing the theme just as a way to pay back to be a totally immature thing to do for someone their age and experience. Anyway, I hope Tessa and Scott will come up with more valuable and convincing Carmen material than what I've seen from Cappellini/Lanotte recently.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I was talking about last season, not about this year Champs Camp.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think we will never found who was the first. But i think this was V-M, just because this was idea for SD.

19. Golightly

Which is exactly what Tessa wanted to imply when she said they initially considered Carmen for the SD. She's a smart kid, she knew what she was saying. I am sorry, but from the moment I found out about C-L doing Carmen, it did not sit well. You could tell. And, again, I am not blaming C-L, who I like very much, they probably did not know. But I do not buy for one second that this was a coincidence.

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Whoa, at the new FSU layout!

I don't even know what to say. The more articles I read, the more I definitely feel this was done deliberately. It's kinda sad.
    Do you think that they changed their music from the suite to the opera because wasn't it confirmed somewhere else that they too were using the suite like C/L?
    I don't think that's enough time to change a FD, but like I was inquiring above, they might have changed the music.
    I don't understand, what was she trying to imply when she said they initially considered Carmen for the SD?

21. Proustable

Proustable New Member

That it was a piece of music they were considering using for a while (aka, before Shpilband left).

22. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I thought Golightly was implying that Tessa was implying that they had the music first when she said it was originally their SD. I didn't hear it the same way, I felt she was explaining that it was originally SD music to explain why they are skating to such a warhorse. In other words my impression was for a SD it was not such a big deal to use popular music and that they usually go for more original music in their FDs but as they were working on it they started to feel the music and changed it to a FD.

But I don't know any of the team personally so I'm just guessing. Thankfully SA is about to start and we can take a break wondering about V&M.

eta...but now reading post by Proustable I can see it that way as well. A way of saying we had it for a whilel

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Aren't you both basically saying the same thing though lol. Now I'm very curious what they were thinking of doing for their FD before. But they probably felt it would a better idea doing And the Waltz Goes On since it was suggested by two coaches...I love that music so I'm glad they did.

24. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Probably. I have a fever and don't know what I'm talking about ;)

25. Golightly

And Igor went for VM's music , not the other two's. So obvious. I hope Tessa and Scott have an amazing season, how I hope so. That's just low, man.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Do you think he's trying to sabotage them as opposed to the others that remained with Marina? Idk if I said it here or ff, but I said I've been feeling nervous for them and I can't shake the feeling. And I don't like that.

27. Proustable

Proustable New Member

While it's entirely true V/M are in another league from C/L in all real aspects, there will definitely be a false equivalence made between the two. That equivalence (Anna's better than Tessa; V/M are all technique whereas C/L have true Latin fire, blah blah blah) won't really serve either. C/L won't be beating V/M this season. However, as Pratfall said, it might function to diminish V/M a little in relation to their true competition - D/W. Why? Maybe he still wants D/W (I do think there was a degree of surprise that they didn't follow him)? Maybe he wants to remove the luster from Zoueva's stars (it was an acrimonious split, to say the least)?

I'm not feeling nervous, though. I'm rather excited, truthfully.

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I'm not entirely convinced that there's anything malicious going on with C/L also ending up with Carmen. That said, I don't think Igor is any sort of angel, and I wouldn't put it past him to politically go after V/M or D/W--or going after Marina by going after the teams.

If he does want D/W back though, it seems like they'd be more likely to make the switch after a bad season for them than if they have the better season... So, in that case, it seems like he'd want V/M on top...

29. Golightly

30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member