Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Thanks so much for the links. For me, I love Latin, not a big fan of polka, but love waltz. I liked P/B SD better than W/P SD, but not by much. With time, it looks like all SD's will be great to watch.

2. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

:lol:
    spoken like a true fan who has sat through wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many of them!

I also love the short dances this year so far! Pleasant surprise!

3. marikat

marikat Active Member

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, cant wait next week-end ;)
    I think V-M will made some media stuff before and during SC. But i just wish to see there programs so bad :rollin:

As for SD/ I am not sure yet. I think i like Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt, Ralf-Hill, Sinitsina-Zhiganshin, Hubbel-Donahue "Titanik" idea for SD and i like Bobrova-Soloviev music from old Soviet movies :) And P-B SD look promising. I only dont like slow cancan. Zlobina-Sitnikov have werid polka, but they made it work (IMHO).
    But i cant say i am in love with SD. But i wasnt last season, but in Nice SDs look funny and interesting to watch for me. :)

I could say i dont like Monko-Khalyvin SD, because polka didnt suit them at all. And i dont like W-P SD. I hate it. Maybe because of music. Shpilband team from Poland have "Sound of the music" in SD and only two melodies and i think it work better.

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Oh.... Look like the same music cut with C-L :(
    Thanks!

Did you notice this? Scott Moir Former Partners Jackie Mascarin? Didnt saw this before.
    And now Scott 1,72 and i thought he is 1,75, like Charlie :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  6. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Hopefully not exactly the same. 'Carmen Suite' is long. Part of it can be the same, and part - something else.

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

С-L music cut sound like traditional and good music cut for ice dance.
    How they all could know about each other music choice? :lol:

8. martyross

martyross Active Member

'Start of the season' est un oiseau rebelle...

9. marikat

marikat Active Member

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

11. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Could it really be that Scott's problem is more serious than they said, and they won't be able to compete at Skate Canada, so they've decided not to compete at Cup of Russia either :confused: :(? Hopefully we'll know soon, and it's just some kind of mistake.

12. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

In the US, even skaters who are byed through to Nationals have to register for the regionals/sectionals qualifying events, even though they won't actually be skating in them. My guess is that this is some sort of paperwork thing.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This list was made today :( Maybe this is Scotts injury, wich is more serious :(

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But they never did this before.....

15. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Patrick Chan is also registered for Central Ontario Sectionals, so in other words my guess would also be paperwork.

16. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

There you go. Mere formality.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

When Central Ontario Sectionals will be held?

18. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

November 1-4, the weekend between Skate Canada and CoR, and I suspect Chan's not spending his inter-GP downtime on a Sectionals event for which he has a bye.

19. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

We need a voice of reason here, to keep us from worrying to death until SC. Thank you, Lavenderblue.:)
    Hopefully Scott is okay by now and training normally.

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But not in the same time with CoR ;)

After all there withdrawall history....

21. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I just grasped my breathe at the sectional news. Hope it's only some paperwork. I don't think I can bear another injury-plagued, suffering season of V/M's as much as they wouldn't want to.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Agree with you - its so hard.
    So will hope all will be OK.

23. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Calm down. Must be a Skate Canada thing.

In other news, I am happy the went for Rodion Shchedrin's suite. I do not care if C-L are also using it. Let's see, they are using Ouverture, Habanera, Intermezzo, and the Finale. I see Tessa and Scott using the Dance instead. Sure, some cuts will be the same, but I don't know, I see them using the Dance as the main theme.

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks. Is this the same one C/L are using? I'm not excited about this battle of the carmens anymore.

I think they will be at Skate Canada.

ETA: How are we over 600 posts lol

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Why?

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol I'm not sure. Sometimes I say things without really thinking about it, but I don't like the idea that they're both using the suite; I can't say precisely why I feel that way.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They could use different music cut. And at Lasy WCH they even wasnt in the same warm-up in FD ;) Lokk, like we forget about this.

They could use this music cut
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iju_RarH3rk

Did you notice W-P isnt in the list at Sectionals

28. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that video it was so good and I liked the music arrangement too. Anyways remember when I said awhile back that if both teams had similar music arrangement I probably wouldn't think it was a coincidence anymore? Well I was joking when I said that, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

And stop that! They will be at Skate Canada!

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, its hard to not thinking about this couldnt be coincidence. Look like C-L try to give music information first, because they thought V-M will change there plans after that. And some information about V-M Carmen were in italiian blog.
    But honestly i more worry about V-M will compete. One friend of mine said - it could be very nad for C-L to skate V-M FD, because they will look worst, then they are.