Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Are you serious so we might not get to see their programs in Finland after all? That would be upsetting, for real.

And yes I saw the pics of Tessa making a turkey burger, lol she's cute.
  2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No, only from this season.
    I think this is really unfair, because ISU sisnt show B-competitions at all. Only B-competition will be shown in Icenetwork.
    And they never show practice - why we couldnt made videos from practice?
    I remeber, last season we had stream from FT. Hope we will have it this season too.
    But how could we see W-P at Qdjey Nepela memorial or P-B from Matrers? :(
  5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No I agree with you what a stupid rule! I hope people find a way to bypass it, but of course not at the expense of getting fined or worse. Man it's like I had cold water dumped on me, some of my excitement for Finlandia just waned.
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

People could tell they made photos, not video, but if they download it on youtube it will be deleted :(
    Like i said before - hope they will have stream from Finlandia.
  7. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Sheesh. What, they got mega-million contracts with networks to protect? Except for some countries it's a niche sport for freaking sake. You think it's governing people would be more open to other forms of media outlet for the sport to be more accessible to the general public. :confused:

ETA:

"For this reason, no video, moving images, or a series of single pictures or images that resemble video or moving pictures and/or audio coverages of an ISU Event or Championships (this includes any performance on Ice, training, warmup, and the mixed zone) will be permitted."

Does this mean that GIFs will be illegal as well? That is just sad.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  8. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

While the rule would seem to penalize anyone who captures video and posts it online, the guidelines are specifically targeted at those with accreditation, i.e. media members, skating persons, and volunteers. I wouldn't be surprised to see video taken off YouTube and the like as has happened in the past when the IOC and USFSA have intervened, but it's those whom the ISU has entrusted who are being warned in this particular document, not fans.
  9. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Oh okay. So fans can take vids. What about the press cons? I like it better when l listen to press cons than to read it in print because the emotions and inflections i can judge by myself, unlike in print where of course it would be clouded by the bias of the writer. (And I really like the off-ice practice/interviews and press cons we had last year from Finlandia. :( )
  10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Where you found this rule is only for media for people with media accreditation? In begining they include fans and video could be post at ANY site, no?
  11. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Because it's titled "ISU Social Media Guidelines for all accredited persons at ISU Events and Championships." Fans are cited in the opening paragraph, but considered alongside "other accredited persons." Unless they're using accreditation to include ticketholders, which perhaps they may be, most regular fans are not officially accredited.

Also, for those who choose to check out the ISU's press release site instead of taking pani's word for it, this release was issued prior to the 2011-12 season.
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Um lol I'm confused. But based on lavender's post, I guess I can get excited again!
  14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will hope russian fans will post videos, because they will be there :D
    But problems with videos was discussed at russian forum and all thought fans could made videos anymore. So we was wrong and this is good thing :)
  15. martyross

martyross New Member

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:D In what toipc did you find this?
    But still now information - is this opera or ballet?
    And ho information about D-W FD. Amazing - this persons, who attened Canton, see only what they want to see :lol:
    Hope they will bot show a lot of moves from Faruccas, because all haters wait this from them :rollin:
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/244897997006180352/photo/1/large
  17. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

In the comments section:
    "People who were in Canton say that there are many movements from Farrucas. And more than that."

I don't really see how it could be similar to Farrucas, except - partially - in its dynamism and fierceness. The music in "Carmen" has many layers to it and the characters are complex. No doubt, there will be changes of rhythm and of mood. Plus, we don't know which pieces they've chosen, therefore it's useless to speculate.:)
  18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will see, but i think we all had that feeling "Carmen" could look like Faruccas :(
    But yes, maybe we need to see this at first.
    Still dissapointed so many people have information about T-S programs, but no any word about D-W FD. Look werid, cant wait untill season will start :D
  19. Judy

Judy New Member

What exactly is Farrucas?

I don't think it's weird about D&W .. who cares which program is announced first? V&M were at the high performance camp and confirmed it I'm sure that D&W will be announcing at some media event for them. I don't think it matters regardless.
  20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Please tell the people on the Russian forum that the article doesn't really apply to fans so people wouldn't go to the competition thinking they can't take a video at all.
    I've heard this too and that's why I was kinda of worried before. But honestly seeing the pictures we have I'm not anymore. Obviously we have to see the whole program to know for sure, but the music are so different and the lifts and moves from the article looks different from farrucas.

Also I kinda agree with Pani how come this secret source that was in Canton only noticed and took notes of only T/S's program and not of the other teams?
  21. martyross

martyross New Member

It's a Spanish remedy for verrucas :p seriously, it's their 2009/2010 OD.
    I'm not that interested in Davis/White's choice too, tbh! if they present a good, artistic program, it will be good for ice dance, I guess.
  22. iloveitaly

iloveitaly New Member

Well, it's not "more than that" but kind of "it could be anything else".
    I read those comments, an anonymous wrote: "oh, if only Carmen could be very similar to Farrucas!" and the blogger answered: "there was someone who was talking about Farrucas's movements watching Carmen in Canton, but it could be easly anything else".
    This is the correct meaning/translation.
    It's not an "inside information", it's just what the blogger reported from what was said on the internet.
    Just to clarify, I'm italian :)
  23. liv

liv Well-Known Member

It's possible to put up video of things on youtube without them being taken down. I watch a tv series from another country that is always deleted by youtube when its real name is used, but when put up under another name, there is no problem. You just have to know the name and make sure it's not similar to what you really are looking for.
  24. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Thanks for clarifying. Myself, I'm not a native speaker, so I didn't catch the nuance.:)
  25. martyross

martyross New Member

i think the bar is set a little too high, i mean expectation-wise.people have to remember that they're not dancing in a theater or doing an originality contest. its not given that they can satisfy what we fans want to see, nor that its what they actually have in mind.think at the level of pressure the whole team must be under, creating something that has to score 10's in PCS. Verrucas was a program that broke record scores, it would be natural to get back to it. there are teams that can afford to think outside the box, like the one from Azerbajan.. but in order to stand at the very top of the game in an extremely competitive field, you have to be extra careful of IJS rules. so let's not feel disappointed if the fd doesnt turn being the ground-breaking work of art that we fans desire!
  26. iggie

iggie New Member

tessa and scott have long had the ability to satisfy technical requirements, but instead of their skate looking like a technical exercise, it becomes a thing of beauty. you forget they're competing and are simply swept away.
  27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Or the person could make the video private so it doesn't come up in the search and you can only see it if you have the direct link, which they could post here. :D

i have no doubt we'll get something from Finlandia. And practice videos are important. That's the only way we get video of Tessa in the all black Audrey outfit last year. ;)
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Maybe its all stressfull for Tessa and Scott too - only two programs they will perform ;)
    I like Farrucus, but still hope this will something different.
  29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I will tell them. Dont worry - they will made all, what they can to do :D

Yes - thats my question, why not about other teams? At first i thought because T-S had practice in Canada during CNE, but in this blog people talking about Canton and "Carmen" rumors at Aunt Joyes fromspring was found early, then T-S start doing CNE.
    Look like W-P had great feedback. Interesting what about V-M? I remeber wyat a buzz was when they made PF and latin FD :D
  30. m_chenning

m_chenning New Member

31. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Now, that's interesting :). It is a timeless storyline as they say. I can hardly wait to see it, and can see something like that growing and progressing as the season goes on.
  32. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

A modern Carmen sounds great! I've been hoping that V/M would highlight the dancing ability that sets them apart from most teams.
  33. martyross

martyross New Member

wow, they say exactly what i've been preaching in the last months :lol: attention to the language of the body and to modern ways of expression. now if it's indeed inspired from modern ballet, we'll have everything many of us were asking for :p :p :D
  34. Judy

Judy New Member

Interesting I just rec'd this email at work (I work in a school) It came along with pictures etc but it didn't copy/paste.

Dear Educators,

Have your first through eighth grade students capture the excitement of learning with the new SkateCanada@School program! The program is designed to assist Canadian elementary school teachers with resources that offer fun and exciting resources that will teach math, science, language arts and nutrition.

This unique program uses skating to teach grades four to six the curriculum. Your students will:
    • Learn math using the scoring system for skating competitions.
    • Know how important the ice surface is for skaters by learning about states of matter, the water cycle and force and friction.
    • Strengthen their reading skills with Olympians Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir and Patrick Chan.
    • Become a healthier eater while they learn to build a meal plan for a profession skater.

Simply visit skatecanadaatschool.com to enroll for this free resource.

Be one of the first 250 educators to enroll for the program and you will receive a Daily Physical Activity Kit in the mail.

Chers éducateurs,

Le nouveau programme Patinage Canada@L’École mobilisera l’enthousiasme de l’apprentissage de vos élèves de la première à la huitième année! Le programme est conçu pour aider les enseignants d’écoles primaires canadiennes au moyen de ressources amusantes et excitantes qui permettront d’enseigner les mathématiques, les sciences, les arts du langage et la nutrition.

Ce programme unique a recours au patinage pour enseigner le programme d’études de la quatrième à la sixième année. Vos élèves :
    • apprendront les mathématiques à l’aide du système de notation des compétitions de patinage;
    • s’informeront de l’importance de la surface de la glace pour les patineurs en apprenant les états de la matière, le cycle de l’eau ainsi que la force et la friction;
    • renforceront leurs aptitudes en lecture avec les olympiens Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir et Patrick Chan;
    • auront une meilleure alimentation alors qu’ils apprendront à établir un plan de repas pour un patineur d’élite de Patinage Canada.

Il suffit de visiter patinagecanadaalecole.com pour vous inscrire à cette ressource gratuite.

Comptez au nombre des 250 premiers éducateurs à vous inscrire au programme et vous recevrez une Trousse d'activité physique quotidienne par la poste.
  35. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

36. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have minded a traditional approach of Carmen from Tessa and Scott because I know they would have made something special of it with their talent and all but a modern Carmen is even better as they would be going in somewhat a different direction from Farrucas I suspect. So excited to hear the news.:rollin:
  37. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, cant wait to see this FD. Will see, how this modern Carmen look like and could they really show something modern and innovative.

Great to see happy Scott again :)
  38. martyross

martyross New Member

As movie maker was shockingly showing the will to collaborate tonight, I made a preview of the SD:

http://youtu.be/hwiSnrtUydc

Enjoy! (i wonder if it would make weep Hopkin's wife :D )
  39. m_chenning

m_chenning New Member

About SD:

PJ Kwong

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskat...n-skaters-ready-after-lengthy-off-season.html
  40. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

A little sneak preview of what might be......beautiful........Thank you martyross. I wonder if Hopkins will be at Worlds......wouldn't that be the icing on the cake :)