Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Maybe it's my limited knowledge, but the only similarity I see in the lifts is the arched back and I see none with the P/B lift. But that's just my opinion. Anyways I'm really excited for them and 27 days to wait till we see the programs is too long.
    T/S awaiting their interview
    second pic

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Just IMHO :)
    Cant wait to hear this interview.

3. martyross

martyross New Member

is Jennifer Swan a modern ballet teacher? anyone knows more about her?

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

5. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

That appears to be from the short dance -- Tessa's hairstyle and top match some pictures that came out Thursday.

6. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)Yes , I think you're right..and I think this looks like another amazing rotational lift .. or part of one..

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, SD lift :D
    I like how Tessa said - I think every lift we’re doing is new :lol:
    When CBC interviews will be shown?

8. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

So for you old music with new elements is better than new music with old elements? :) New music with new elements would be nice, but I suppose we can hope for that in the SD. As someone commented in the previous thread, it's going to be "fresh and refresh" for VM next season.

Pani may I ask how all this music choices is going down amongst the Russian VM fans? Are they just like us who range from happy to disappointed with the cautiously optimistic and reserving judgement in between? (Will our favorite Russian photographers be in Finlandia as well? :D)

9. sequins

sequins Active Member

So it is Carmen. While I'm positive it will be spectacular and I will no doubt love it I guess I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something 'out of the box' oh well bring it on!

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, for me moves is the first in dance, music- on second place. But will see, could V-M made soemething innovative on overs
    used music. Now nobody know nothing anout this FD :)

As about russians fans - yes, the same reaction :D A lot off people a bit dissapointed, but still wait to see programs first.
    Yes, guys, you favorite photographers will be in Finland (if all will be OK). So we will have a lot of great photos. Not sure about videos with new ISU rules - nobode could made videos during practice and ISU competitions. :(

Look at SC titter - Tessa learn to cook
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/244834440667332608/photo/1/large

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Are you serious so we might not get to see their programs in Finland after all? That would be upsetting, for real.

And yes I saw the pics of Tessa making a turkey burger, lol she's cute.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No, only from this season.
    I think this is really unfair, because ISU sisnt show B-competitions at all. Only B-competition will be shown in Icenetwork.
    And they never show practice - why we couldnt made videos from practice?
    I remeber, last season we had stream from FT. Hope we will have it this season too.
    But how could we see W-P at Qdjey Nepela memorial or P-B from Matrers? :(

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No I agree with you what a stupid rule! I hope people find a way to bypass it, but of course not at the expense of getting fined or worse. Man it's like I had cold water dumped on me, some of my excitement for Finlandia just waned.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

People could tell they made photos, not video, but if they download it on youtube it will be deleted :(
    Like i said before - hope they will have stream from Finlandia.

17. Sahararainfall

Sheesh. What, they got mega-million contracts with networks to protect? Except for some countries it's a niche sport for freaking sake. You think it's governing people would be more open to other forms of media outlet for the sport to be more accessible to the general public. :confused:

ETA:

"For this reason, no video, moving images, or a series of single pictures or images that resemble video or moving pictures and/or audio coverages of an ISU Event or Championships (this includes any performance on Ice, training, warmup, and the mixed zone) will be permitted."

Does this mean that GIFs will be illegal as well? That is just sad.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  18. lavenderblue

While the rule would seem to penalize anyone who captures video and posts it online, the guidelines are specifically targeted at those with accreditation, i.e. media members, skating persons, and volunteers. I wouldn't be surprised to see video taken off YouTube and the like as has happened in the past when the IOC and USFSA have intervened, but it's those whom the ISU has entrusted who are being warned in this particular document, not fans.

19. Sahararainfall

Oh okay. So fans can take vids. What about the press cons? I like it better when l listen to press cons than to read it in print because the emotions and inflections i can judge by myself, unlike in print where of course it would be clouded by the bias of the writer. (And I really like the off-ice practice/interviews and press cons we had last year from Finlandia. :( )

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Where you found this rule is only for media for people with media accreditation? In begining they include fans and video could be post at ANY site, no?

21. lavenderblue

Because it's titled "ISU Social Media Guidelines for all accredited persons at ISU Events and Championships." Fans are cited in the opening paragraph, but considered alongside "other accredited persons." Unless they're using accreditation to include ticketholders, which perhaps they may be, most regular fans are not officially accredited.

Also, for those who choose to check out the ISU's press release site instead of taking pani's word for it, this release was issued prior to the 2011-12 season.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Um lol I'm confused. But based on lavender's post, I guess I can get excited again!

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will hope russian fans will post videos, because they will be there :D
    But problems with videos was discussed at russian forum and all thought fans could made videos anymore. So we was wrong and this is good thing :)

25. martyross

martyross New Member

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:D In what toipc did you find this?
    But still now information - is this opera or ballet?
    And ho information about D-W FD. Amazing - this persons, who attened Canton, see only what they want to see :lol:
    Hope they will bot show a lot of moves from Faruccas, because all haters wait this from them :rollin:
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/244897997006180352/photo/1/large

27. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

In the comments section:
    "People who were in Canton say that there are many movements from Farrucas. And more than that."

I don't really see how it could be similar to Farrucas, except - partially - in its dynamism and fierceness. The music in "Carmen" has many layers to it and the characters are complex. No doubt, there will be changes of rhythm and of mood. Plus, we don't know which pieces they've chosen, therefore it's useless to speculate.:)

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will see, but i think we all had that feeling "Carmen" could look like Faruccas :(
    But yes, maybe we need to see this at first.
    Still dissapointed so many people have information about T-S programs, but no any word about D-W FD. Look werid, cant wait untill season will start :D

29. Judy

Judy New Member

What exactly is Farrucas?

I don't think it's weird about D&W .. who cares which program is announced first? V&M were at the high performance camp and confirmed it I'm sure that D&W will be announcing at some media event for them. I don't think it matters regardless.

30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Please tell the people on the Russian forum that the article doesn't really apply to fans so people wouldn't go to the competition thinking they can't take a video at all.
    I've heard this too and that's why I was kinda of worried before. But honestly seeing the pictures we have I'm not anymore. Obviously we have to see the whole program to know for sure, but the music are so different and the lifts and moves from the article looks different from farrucas.

Also I kinda agree with Pani how come this secret source that was in Canton only noticed and took notes of only T/S's program and not of the other teams?