Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will see all FD, but i must say i love Anna in this role. So i didnt notice Luca yet.
    I like her dress. Will see, what T-S will show. But i think Marina love something classical more.

3. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I just watched it, and I didn't really care for it. I didn't feel like they did anything especially new or noteworthy. I liked the entrance into the twizzles and I liked how their twizzles in the step sequence matched the music, but other than that, I didn't think it was amazing. I'd even rank it below Navka and Kostomarov's Carmen which I didn't think was that great either.
    Seeing it really made me miss Anjelika Krylova.

4. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think it's too early to say having only seen half the program. As I thought though it seems this will be a good role for Anna. I like some of the choreographic touches they use and really enjoyed the entrance into the twizzles as well as the how the twizzles in the step sequence were choreographed with the music. So I guess considering I only saw half of the program I like a lot of it :lol: I don't know why though but I didn't expect such a traditional approach from them for some reason so that was a bit of a disappointment but maybe because the music is so common in figure skating it's harder to think outside the box.

5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I really love this interview with their trainer, very enlightening! I always have noticed that Scott has more muscle mass in the summer than during the season--now I know why that is.

C/L's program I have to see the whole thing before I can tell how I feel about it, but I can say I love their costumes especially her dress! I think Tessa and Scott's costumes will have red in it.

7. Macassar88

Which carmen costumes haven't had ANY red in them?

8. aliona22

aliona22 New Member

Evan's

9. Macassar88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9neEVV4Po&feature=context-gfat

This is CL's FD
    I was quite underwhelmed. Tessa and Scott have even less to worry about (not that they ever had anything to worry about to begin with, but there was the chance that Igor would choreograph a better Carmen than Marina)

10. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

We haven't seen what Marina choreographed yet ;) Also pretty sure V&M have choreography for their FD from the same woman who worked on Pink Floyd with them. And I don't think Igor choreographed C&L's FD either, there is an interview out there that says they have their own choreographer. Igor is for technical.

I hope you knocked on wood when you made that post ;)

11. Macassar88

Well, if Igor was there for tech only (which I think is probably the case because I remember that interview), he did a great job because they beat BS in tech both with levels and GOE. Their GOE was much higher than Bobrova and Soloviev and around the same level as Weaver and Poje.

Anyway, as for Marina not choreographing Carmen, I'm sure that she'll have last say on everything and will be contributing to it.

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I like it. :) Best FD I've seen from them in a while, and better than anything we've seen so far.

13. Macassar88

I dunno - I've never really been a huge fan of them. It could just be a stylistic thing that I don't like about them. Anyway, I think that, if this weren't Carmen, I'd like it more, but I have high expectations for anyone using that music.

14. alice73

alice73 New Member

It's generic Carmen choreo. I wasn't impressed. I know they beat B/S FD but I actually thought B/S looked more polished. Anyway, I believe Tessa & Scott's Carmen will be much more special.

15. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I AM a big fan of C/L. They've done two free dances that I'd rank as among that season's best (Requiem for a Dream and La Strada). This doesn't do much for me. The mid section is the best - the two lifts have seamless entries and fluidity. I also noticed their twizzles seems to be faster.

The fact that the best program from the European teams is coming from Bobrova/Soloviev, however, is something I can't handle. How in the world did the rest of them let that happen?

16. Marta24

Marta24 Member

Bobrova/Soloviev really surprised me! I would have never thought that they were capable of doing something like this.C/L's FD is IMO very safe and boring, so V/M's Carmen can only be better and I am sure it will be.

17. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

SO. MUCH. KNOCKING. WOOD.

18. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This. I'm also a huge fan of The West Wing, so I'm turning, spitting, and cursing.

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I liked it. I liked it a lot, but now I feel like T/S's Carmen is gonna be very different in choreo and interpretation. I'm still a bit sad that we didn't get to see it this weekend. Out of all the programs I saw so far my favorite is W/P and C/L, I liked B/S too. I couldn't get through P/B's FD.
    Don't worry, I knocked for her!!

20. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

i just watched W/P FD. Loved their music was not happy to see the lifts back again this year. C/L programme looked like it needed more explosive moves when the music crescendo.. Hated Gillies and Poirier's music, but some of the choreo looked pretty spectacular. Has anyone have vid of P/B?

21. girlscouse62

Me too!:lol:

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

23. girlscouse62

Thanks Cherub. Had to wonder about that score though. :confused:

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Why? Too high?

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

P&B skated at French Masters which is a national event which AFAIK uses only French judges, so I wasn't even paying attention to the score.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

27. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

P-B's program disappointed me a bit. I don't know, too early in the season, but that seemed uninspired somehow. And yeah, that score's a bit too high, but that's to be expected at The Master's.

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Its early in the season. At least only P-B and C-B show really new lifts. And italian team Akessandrini-Vaturi.
    I think P-B FD will have good reaction from aydience in London :)
    O, i forget about amazing lifts from Carron-Jones

29. Macassar88

I agree on both counts - I thought that Bobrova and Soloviev were undermarked in comparison to Capellini and Lanotte. I was surprised at how much higher CL's GOEs were.
    Also, I think that Tessa and Scott's Carmen will be amazing - even if the choreography isn't the best, their performance ability will bring their FD to amazing places.

30. Macassar88

Going to Zhulin was the best decision they could have made for their style - on the other hand, they still need A LOT of work with her posture.