Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope you will see them at another competition.
    B-S FD the thing wich very interesting to see ;)
    Dont know, for me this message from PJ and press-release soung positive. Maybe i am wrong.

2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

As disappointed as I am not to get to see their programs at least we still will hopefully see something. At least one Carmen, B&S again, W&P are also competing and P&B at Masters so hopefully we will see some videos online. I've seen B&S already but am very anxious to see what the other three have come up with, especially W&P as their concept sounds interesting.

3. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I really want to see them in some capacity live because I've never done it. I really hoped they would go to TEB this year since I'll be going, but I guess they couldn't since Pechalat and Bourzat picked it? And it makes more sense for them to do Cup of Russia so they can get practice competing there twice this season (unless for some horrible reason they don't make GPF)

And yeah I'm super excited about Bobrova and Soloviev - I just rewatched both of their dances and I see all these small places where they can add transitions. They are probably my second favorite team competing atm and I hope they flourish under Zhulin.

4. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I'm feeling somewhat relieved with the news that this is only a minor injury. Hopefully, Scott makes a quick and complete recovery.

5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the link to the Skate Canada press release? That one above seems to be broken. Thank you! I am glad it was something minor. You can never be too cautious, in my opinion. Not given their past experiences, so I am glad they decided to stay home.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, this could be that lift. But i hope all will be OK :)

9. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't jinx them by putting them first in my predicitions! :(

10. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I think I can breathe a little better now... I'm glad they're cautious. As good as it would have been to receive feed-back early in the season, it's better not to aggravate a minor injury which, hopefully, will be gone until Skate Canada.
    On a positive note, I liked PJ's tweet about their programs.:)

https://twitter.com/skatingpj/status/253882172824510464

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

That's nice, can't wait to see them. Sigh, looks like I'll have to start another countdown.

ETA: Feel bad for Tess and Scott, people are so rude.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  13. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

It's a good thing they're not into surfing the internet, then.;)

Seriously now, and I've said it before, we need thicker skin. It's only gonna get worse. But as long as they're healthy and competing, I'm happy.

14. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I was worried about his neck when I saw him do that lift where I think I recall he rotates her and/or her leg around his neck and you can just see his neck get hit. They do that repeatedly and it is only a matter of time before his neck (and maybe head or shoulder) pays the price. I was surprised that nobody on his team was worried about that but maybe they only work with the young and don't see the effects on the middle aged and older adults?
    I hope it's true it is just a minor strain....however if it is so minor the physio should be able to get it loosened up enough to compete. Maybe they tried that and it didn't work out. Too bad about all of this. I hope he doesn't end up needing a surgery down the road!

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I could understand, if people, who went to Finland to see them could be angry, but why D-W care about this withdraw so much? They must be happy with Scott injury :lol:

16. iNap

iNap Active Member

The only person who said D-W care about this withdraw is you. :rofl:

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

And now i need to talk with myself ;)

18. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Do you mean D&W fans? Because I don't see anything from D&W that says they care about V&Ms withdrawal. Now D&W fans on the other hand..... :shuffle:

19. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol:

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol:

21. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Pani, you generalize and twist opinions and then ignore people who call you out on it. I only read ONE comment from someone doubting Scott's injury and it wasn't neither Davis nor White, and it wasn't even a D-W fan. You start the most absurd fan wars, I swear. Let them be, who cares what they say or don't say? Only you it seems.

22. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I strongly suspect that Pani's alter ego is not really her but some mischief maker.

23. Macassar88

24. martyross

martyross New Member

or the digital materialization of Pani's dark side

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

From dark pani side :lol: - its Maria Mountain, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's trainer, Maria Mountain - owner of Revolution Sport Conditioning in London, ON.
    Here is PJ interview with her about T-S traning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlLQ6kLZOus&feature=youtu.be&a

27. Macassar88

28. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Another thanks from me, Macassar88! I especially love their mindset towards setting goals, very specific, clarified goals!

Their faces changes a bit with grave sentiment when talking about life after "March, 2014." It gave me jitters.

30. martyross

martyross New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp29rdT_roM&feature=youtube_gdata_player this is a preview of CappLanotte's Carmen. i would define it 'classic', a 19th century, operatic Carmen. i think Operatic style is their strenght. they're Italian, after all. maybe Carmen has to be skated very 'big', though. the program is nice to watch, but imo the subject matter requires something that keeps you on the edge of your seat. we'll see how the 20th century Carmen looks like!