Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I hope we will see home videos from this competition! Cant wait!
    And W-P will show new programs at next week :D

2. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

That's some high praise from Nikita, imo, to so openly show admiration and recognition to someone you are competing against.

It is exciting to know we will start seeing some of these programs shortly. I think it speaks to the change in the discipline of ice dance where a decade+ ago things were more strategic and political where teams showed up injured during GP events and wait until the new year to meet their rivals. Seems these days they know they need to get out their asap to get feedback so they have time to fix what needs to be fixed. Adds an element of excitement and uncertainty to a sport that used to be so predictable.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

That's nice! Aww, poor Tessa I think she's an amazing partner and skater too.
    I'm getting really excited now! Can't believe we'll see Tessa and Scott next week already, yay! And I'm excited to see Kaitlyn and Andrew's LXD inspired FD. I'm glad I'm a fan of ice dance in this era versus the one described by bmcg.

4. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Definitely! I think he was speaking about Scott specifically as a male role model.

There does seem to be much more mutual respect among ice dancers today.... it's boring. :p I miss the old days and the politiking actually. ;)

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I dunno. Saying that Scott is the perfect partner is like saying that the sky is blue.

6. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Isnt the sky blue?

He mentions more than that - he sees Scott as a role model in the way he shows off Tessa and even mentions his own past skating which was for himself and his own ego and how he now has to learn to be very much part of a team. He sounds genuine to me.

7. Macassar88

Yeah I meant that it's obvious so I don't get why everyone is so impressed that Nikita said it.

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think they are impressed because this was not the old way. The old way would have been we are the best .... One never saw honest and upfront admiration openly it was always couched in politiking.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hm... Last season Kustarova said D-W and V-M are not the best anymore.
    Then Morozov talking about gold for I-K and how Chan is bad and all others show there maximum and I-K - only 10%. All must worry about there new programs.
    I post this becasue Cherub721 - its old World. Nothing was changed yet :lol:

10. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Hmm, I have to wonder why I/K gave just 10% of what they are capable of last season. To then take everyone by surprise with their 100% in Sochi? No, it can't be that because Morozov is already announcing D/W and V/M they are going to lose to I/K at the next Olympics, so the defeat to I/K doesn't come as a shock to any of them. Really really thoughtful of Nikolai.;) But I still haven't answered my own question, why did they?

No, it hasn't and probably never will.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  11. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Agreed. Politics is still alive and well and isn't likely to go anywhere.

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes Morozov is still good for some choice quotes. :lol: Kustarova's quotes were just dumb.

I contend that things have changed. Could you imagine Tessa telling Meryl she could learn Bollywood in 5 minutes? Meryl whispering to Tessa on the podium that she'd better enjoy it because it's the last time she'll be at the top? That's what Pasha said about Riverdance, and what Barbara whispered to Marina at 2000 Worlds.

13. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Nothing has changed? Really? Name the last time a team won Olympic Gold in their debut. Hint. The first year ice dance was in the Olympics. Nothing has changed? The number TWO American team was on the podium in 2011. Forget that, they were in the top five! The number TWO Canadian team was in the top five in 2011 and 2012!

Kustarova said that B/S were on the same level as D/W and V/M. Yep, she did. Bobrova/Soloviev went on to place lower at Worlds than V/M HAVE EVER PLACED (seriously, they were 7th, V/M have been 6-2-3-1-2-1). They dropped her as a coach afterwards.

Morosov talks out of his ass? Okay, that's true. But the 10% comment actually works against his team (check out the number of skaters negatively impacted by not participating fully early in the season: V/M, DomShabs, DelSchoes, CapLan off the top of my head). I'll wager right now that they don't match/beat their placement at Worlds this season.

So yeah, what Cherub stated.

14. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

It's far too early to know placements yet but B/S had bad programmes and mistakes last year.So far by looking at B/S videos they are looking very much improved so there's a good chance they will retain their number one .I don't think they'll match/beat the placement either but we'll wait and see :watch:

15. Macassar88

Then again, the first half of the season generally is based on the previous year's results and it's sometimes hard to move up until worlds.
    Usually it's been the top 6 teams from last year's worlds that are still competing who make it to the GPF.
    Like this season, Ilinykh and Katsalapov have a much easier way to the GPF than Bobrova and Soloviev because they'll have to beat the shibs twice and Sinitsina and Zhiganshin once two get two second place finishes whereas Bobrova and Soloviev have to vie against Weaver and Poje twice just to get second.
    Although they may be able to win Cup of China since they tend to do very well there and would have to beat Pechalat and Bourzat which, while unlikely, is possible if they keep improving.

16. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I should've been clearer and say I was referring to I/K.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    How do you think, why SC didnt update National team profiles yet?

18. Macassar88

I think Nuge meant that they (I/K) will have to fight to become/stay the Russian No. 1 because Bobrova fell last worlds and before that they always beat I/K and Bobrova and Soloviev have new coaches and have made many improvements. So it will be hard for them to stay at their place/improve on it.

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! They are so beautifull ;) Like Scott hair style and smile.
    BTW, cant wait next week too.
    nd tomorrow Nebelhorn wil start - yeeee!

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

22. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Panj, if this means we can watch this in the wilds of BC, I will love you forever for this link:kickass::rofl:

23. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol: Now we know.........no ifs, ands, or buts. We can all refer to this anytime ;)

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Yes! Thanks, it says the program online viewing time begins 10/6/2012 at 17:15/5:15 pm.

25. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Is only ladies SP and SD not geoblocked? What about the rest of it?
    I can't read Finnish :( :lol:

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like i understand steam will not be geoblocked. But no word will they show LP and FD. You could use google translation in your Google chrome ;)
    Sad, they will not show man competitions with such a strong competitors, but better this, then nothing.

27. marikat

marikat Active Member

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! But SD and Ladies SP will be steaming "live"?
    No man competition broadcasting :(

29. marikat

marikat Active Member

It's not live

Sunday broadcast may have highlights of the men lp as well.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!