Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. martyross

martyross Active Member

CappLanotte are competing at Nebelhorn first..we'll get to see their Carmen before TS's

edit, they're not

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Feel happy for all figure skating fans in Canada! :encore:
    Now try to find a way to see GP "live" on TV. Hope all will be OK :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This will be a little scary :dog:

4. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think that C&L have come a long way but keep in mind that they are nowhere near T&S. Also their styles are so different so the interpretation will be too. I think if anyone should be worried it should be them.

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, but i hope this teams will have two different "Carmen"/
    If both will have modern version (if it will be different versions) it will be very interesting for us. :)

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I very much doubt it was a coincidence. Carmen might be overused, but it is a bold choice, it's a classic. I'm sure Shpilband knew, these people aren't stupid, they talk potential programs years in advance. He left and not in good terms at all, I do not buy for one second that C-L picked Carmen before Shpilband took over. I do not think this was a coincidence.

Exactly. This is between Virtue and Moir and Davis and White, that's the main thing we need to remember. Those two teams are well above the others. That won't change overnight. The gap is still, what? Ten points or so? I cannot remember. But the gap is there. The others might improve and I am not even saying they CANNOT win, I'm saying it is difficult and they would need help from the top 2 to make it. V-M and C-L are not equals. People, in their excitement seem to be ignoring that fact.

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Youi know, last season i thought - its so bad "Carmen" is so overused, becasue C-L could be really good in FD on "Carmen" music. :)
    Tessa said this was idea for SD at first. But honestly i dont think Rachmaninov N2 were orgrnal idea for Tobais-Stagnionas FD. I feel like this was music for one team, who stay with Marina, for OG ;)
    I could only say, if Igor did something, like this, this will not be good for him.
    But i hope he will have war with Marina, but not with his kids.

But nobody know, how things will go after Z-Sh split up. And look, like other skaters and coaches thinking Canron teams will not be the same anymore. So we need to wait and see.

8. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The difference will be in the Quality of the teams themselves. The beautiful edges and lines of T&S cannot be replaced by another team. Of course IMO.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I my opinion you are right, but not in judges opinion and a lot off fans opinion :lol:
    But will see soon, what T-S will show this season. Cant belive we will see them next week.

10. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Cannot wait for next week. Also will be seeing Patrick's program at Japan Open. So double fun for me!

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It will be busy weeks now. This week - Nebelhorn. The fight between Rhalf-Hill and Paul-Islam. What place will Monko-Khalyvin take. How will Tobais-Stagnionas FD on Rach N2 will look like? :) Sotnikova.

Next week -Hanyu Yuzuru , Fernandez, Weir, Nagasu, Korpi, Hubble-Donahue, Bobrova-Soloviev, C-L, V-M.
    P-B will debute there new programs at Masters, like other french skaters.
    And yes, Patrick! Hope he will show new programs in Japan!

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

We will have a couple of weeks of skating after the drought!

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:)
    But we had JGP

14. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

I read somewhere that they had their FD choreographed before they went to Shpilband.

15. Golightly

There was talk of C-L joining Canton even before the season started. Contact was made and agreements were reached before Igor left.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But V-M wasnt in Canton more then mounth after WCh (i think maybe 6 weeks) and if other teams start made programs with Igor, they didnt.

17. Golightly

Carmen wasn't an idea than came up after Worlds, I don't think so. It must have been something they discussed before. Look, all I'm saying is that I doubt it was a coincidence. But I also think people are all about the two Carmens as if C-L and V-M were this legendary rivalry when that is not the case. There is a gap there. I'm cautious, but I'm not blind.

18. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

C/L have a history of skating to music Canton teams also used or were planning to use. If D/W hadn't dumped their La Strada program and switched to Die Fledermaus, D/W and C/L would have danced to the same theme last season, wouldn't they?

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oops sorry didn't mean to start anything, what I said about the coincidence thing was a joke. And I honestly believe that it really was a coincidence, I would hate to think it wasn't. Lol I'm pretty sure people know that C/L and V/M aren't on the same level, but why can't we be excited about seeing both programs anyways? I enjoy both teams and I can't wait see how they tackle Carmen in their own ways!
    It really is a shame, wish they could have worked it out. And I feel the same way you do, I think the gap between the top two and the rest is gonna shorten this season, but it's still all speculation we'll have to see if it actually does.
    Where can we watch this nebelhorn comp? I love Ralph and Hill and I'm rooting for them!

20. martyross

martyross Active Member

as Norman Stansfield would say, 'I enjoy these calm little
    moments before the storm' :lol:

21. martyross

martyross Active Member

Tarasova said that a third party was involved in the split. in the following interview, she predicted that the 'gap will be reduced'. oh um. it wasn't just a conflict of ego's.

22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Who was the third party?

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

It is in the interest os the ISU to lessen the gap so it is no runaway victory. Some people believe by saying the gap will lessen often enough it will surely happen and maybr it will .... but I hope it wont. VM have 2 years left and I want two victories for them!

Have D&W said anything about retiring after Sochi? Do not recall that. So if they dont win they are willing for another quadrennial?

24. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

They haven't talked about anything after Sochi. IMO they will retire after Sochi, finish up college, and move on to the next phase of their lives.

25. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Her!!! :puppet: :sekret:

26. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Yes, I too am really excited about all of this! I just hope that fans will film and put up on Youtube at least some of this, so that people like me who don't have any special accesses can also see it.

27. martyross

martyross Active Member

exactly what i thought :D

the ones who are probably in real danger are the Shibs. i see Chock/Bates catching them at Nats. so please, no lackluster Geisha!

28. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

For those of us who are knew to this kind of intrigue, am I allowed to ask who is "her!!"?

29. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Wasn't that obvious from the posts? Tarasova herself, of course. Although that certainly was not what she meant to imply :D.

30. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

There's an interview with Nikita Katsalapov in GSD with some nice quotes: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85079

I consider Scott Moir the perfect partner - everything he does works out so good! When you see him on the ice - he's the rock, the man, the pillar. Any female skater would skate with him! He doesn't need any particular choreography to attract the viewers, just his energy is enough.

EV: There are many changes in the Russian ice dance this year. Did you have a chance to see the other teams and learn what you are facing?
    NK: Frankly, I didn't really want to see anything. During the test skates we practiced - we decided not participating the test skates because of Lena's shoulder injury, which prevented us from skating as we should. As for seeing the others... Don't know. There was no desire.
    I'd love to see Viture/Moir though. I always liked watching them skating. I'd also like to see Davis/White, Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje - everyone who beat us at the worlds.