Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Nice pic! Scott looks amazing as usual.
  2. iggie

iggie New Member

seems interesting. got this little note from ff ---

Hi people, just thought I'd share with you here that I have set up a Virtue/Moir tinychat (tinychat.com/lovevm)

It's basically just a chat room, where people chat. Thought it might be nice to have somewhere like that, for live competitions or whatever. I haven't seen one for Virtue/Moir or skating, even though I chat in them for tennis and random chats with other people.

You don't have to sign up for it or anything. You just have to put a username in, I'm not sure if it works while I'm offline though, I don't think it does. I'm going to look into if anyone else wants to 'host' it too, basically has the log in details as I'm in a different timezone to most I think. GMT. I'm 'live' now if anyone is on here and wants to come chat.lol only for about another hour though.

Or tomorrow, I will be online 'live' from 7pm GMT, just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is interested.

Oh and will be 'live' during the Finlandia Trophy competition too.
  3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Iggie.......you're such a great fan..you never fail to amaze me........I'm going to try to get on during Finlandia.

BTW....I asked earlier (a few pages ago :)) if anyone was going to Worlds but no-one answered, so PM me if you get the chance. I'd love to meet with whoever will be there.
  4. iggie

iggie New Member

thanks clarie.
  5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Clarie I am going to worlds.
    Wednesday to Sunday. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
    Are you going to Nats? I can only go day 1 so need someone to look after the VM banner.
    I am also not going to skate canada so if you are you can take it there. The picture sent by Pani looks great - now I only have to get some cloth and attach the vinyl to it and put a message.
  6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Not going to Nats, or Skate Canada this year. I hope you find someone to look after the banner; however, at least there will be the two of use to admire it at Worlds.(and to keep an eye on it) :lol: I can't wait to see your handiwork, so maybe it will be shown on TV :).
  7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Clarie the picture was done professionally so it will only be the writing - hope its not too clumsy as I am not good at crafts. I thought I would go to Fabricland and get the material and maybe some craft place and get spray paint and stencils for the words. Or I will cut out those colourful felt pieces and glue on? If I can get alphabets ready made I will go with that!
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see! When we will have a chance? ;)
  9. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani,

next week is a long weekend so I will try and get it begun. The picture is just wonderful though its rather large - hope I dont have to cut their skates off!
  10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: Hope all will be OK ;)
    After Nebelhorn i start nervose even more. And all this talk about I-K masterpice programs, P-B masterpiec and WP masterpiece FD we will have amazing season in ice dance for watch ;)
  11. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Well, I don't know. At the beginning of the year, every coach & choreographer & fan dreams that all the programs are jewels, but some will still be plastic.

I am hoping that everyone's favorites have jewels this year.

So far, I'm enjoying the Yankee Polkas more than last year's Rhumbas, though, although there hasn't been a lot to look at yet.
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But for some people only there favorite skaters alwayse have jewels programs :D
    I could only say at this point i notice two programs i really think have potential to be a masterpice - B-S FD and Gillis-Porie FD ;)
    Honestly i dont like polka overall. I like Zlobina-Sitnikov programs and they show real polka spirit, but on Monko-Khalyvin example i could see this dance not siute to tall teams with good long lines ;)
    I prefer rhumba with its edges and blues. I think blues must skate senior teams and polka- juniors.
  13. DORISPULASKI

Well, the juniors have enough trouble with the Blues-the YP is too tough for them so far. But the Blues/Hiphop and Blues/Swing have yielded some pretty decent choreography, so I hope sometime the seniors will skate that combo, if the SD isn't ditched after Sochi, which I suspect it will be.
  14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This really made me hate ISU - they made this stupid SD and uplifting-rythm rules when my favorite team compete :D
    I think we were happy at least to see Mahler.
    Why when V-M compete they did all changes and i am sure after Sochi we will see only OD and FD without special rules about uplifting.
  15. Macassar88

Kaitlyn Weaver mentioned in the interview posted in this section that she thinks that Tessa and Scott are the best ice dancers in the world right now.

"I believe they are the most well rounded team on the circuit and incorporate not only a finely honed technical skill, but also great choreography and story telling."
  16. sequins

sequins New Member

God I hope so. Not a fan of the SD overall but I must say V&M SD in 2011 was:swoon:IMO but yes too bad they can't get rid of it before Sochi.
  17. Macassar88

I like the SD because there is a theme and I get to see compulsories, but I'd rather go back to the three dance format.
  18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yess! I wish to see 3 dance again.
  19. Macassar88

Although one change I might make would be to allow the skaters to choose their own music. That could get rid of the some of the monotony that people experienced during the compulsory dance. After all, most casual viewers can't tell anything apart anyway except for the music.
  20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol:
  21. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Using the same music and doing the same steps really allowed a comparison of apples to apples, so to speak. The casual fan might not be able to tell things apart except the music but I'm of the mind that when it comes to sorting out these teams, the opinion of the casual fan shouldn't matter when it comes to the standings. It's ice dance, not American Idol.
  22. Macassar88

I understand your argument, but one of the reasons why compulsories were phased out was because complained about how boring they were. I don't know if you remember Olympic Ice from Turin (the NBC/USA figure skating talk show) but Mary Carillo and Dick Button kept going on about how boring the compulsories were and Mary was so shocked when she found out that they used to be popular in Europe.
    So if the audiences could be somehow tricked into thinking that there was more originality, the judges could still judge the quality of the patterns.
  23. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I've been watching skating since 1992, so I know that some find them boring to watch. That said, I still think they served a very important purpose in sorting these dance teams out.
  24. DORISPULASKI

I'd be happy to be back to a 3 dance format, letting skaters pick their own CD music.

Really.
  25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

How do you think, when Tessa-Scott will arrive to Finlandia?
    And who will go with them - Marina? Or maybe Mauricio, he will be there with his ice dance teams from Finland.
  26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I was wondering when they would arrive too, but I felt I was beginning to be a bit obsessive so I stopped lol. I'm really excited though, but also a bit nervous because what if I don't like the programs or what if I do like them, but others don't? (I'm probably being obsessive again).

I think Marina will be with them.
  27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am nervouse about how new programs will look like, what about levels, will people like new programs ect :D
    I think any program some people like, some - no. I hope i will like new programs from T-S.
    Cant wait to see how judges will like Bobrova-Soloviev FD.

I think Marina will be there. But she have so many other teams...
  28. Macassar88

I feel like Tessa and Scott will get their levels, if not at Finlandia, then at least when it matters at the GPF when they actually have a chance of not winning if they aren't 100%.
    Anyway, I don't really care whether other fans like Tessa and Scott's programs or not. There will always be the haters who will say that Tessa and Scott shouldn't win any major competitions, but they will continue to be at or at least near the top through Sochi barring any injuries. As for their choreography, I don't think Marina will give them anything bad, and they could make a Kustarova program look amazing, so I'm not worried.
  29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But its OK - all have there own opinion. I am more worry about technick (read not good words about Marina from Werner and he think this will be big revality in Finland, but i dont think so). And what a personally will feel about V-M new programs :p
  30. puglover

puglover Active Member

Well - I'm pumped. I just know they will be great. My only regret is that at the start of each year I know we are one step closer to that day they no long compete. That will be a crushing year for me. I love many other skaters - but i have such a huge amount of love for Tessa and Scott and look so forward to what they bring each season. I'm on pins and needles!!
  31. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Who is Werner and what does he mean there will be big reality/rivalry (sorry I didn't know which one you meant precisely) in Finland?
  32. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

sorry, Pani, did you mean revelation? :confused: :lol:. I would love to see the CD back I loved them
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  33. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

pani meant reality
  34. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

35. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

you're welcome :)
  36. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: Sorry.
  37. pani

pani Well-Known Member

He is well known journalist. I think he mean rivality beyween Zueva skaters (Tessa-Scott) and Shpilband skaters (i think he mean Anna and Luca).
    He talked with Shpilband in Obersdorf. Now i satrt thinking Igor wish Carmen for Anna and Luca because he want to show he could made better without Marina. But its if belive in Werner words :lol:
  38. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well, with Tessa and Scott, it's pretty hard to tell what the finished product will be as they tweak throughout the season, but their skating and story telling skills speak for themselves. I would hate to think that a rivalry between coaches extends to make the skaters pawns of that rivalry, but I suppose it happens, and frankly, I don't have a lot of faith in the fact that Shpilband isn't above doing that. I still wonder what exactly were the reasons he was forced to leave........sorry if I bring up an old subject. I really hope that the above is not the case.

All in all, I am really excited about viewing V/M's new programs this year as soon as they are posted somewhere, and I'm sure they will be :).
  39. DORISPULASKI

Perhaps a rivalry between the coaches will add to the quality of stuff done by teams in both camps-that's my tooth-fairy type wish for them all.
  40. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I can't imagine there NOT being a rivalry between the two, each has a lot to prove. It's how they make their living, it's important to remain attractive to potential clients.

I think the three teams left in Canton will be the ones hurt the most by this and NOT because Igor (as some believe) is the better coach but because last season we saw the lead of D&W and V&M drop. I see some people write as if those two still have some big cushion from the others but the reality is in the SD the top three teams point spread was only 3 points. P&B were ONLY one point behind D&W. There is no more cushion. In articles you read many people are announcing these two teams as beatable. That all started with the great coaching duo still intact. On their own it will be so easy to say aloud over coffee during an ice break that "they can see a drop in quality, they are not as strong as they were before the coaching split". They are going to have to work so hard this season for that podium. It will be a very exciting season I think with some major upsets for at least one of these teams.