Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It's not surprising Tessa & Scott don't have a PR firm or a big deal website. Skating in North America is not what it was in the 1990's. And if SC doesn't require twitter, I don't see why they would tweet. But I do hope they will at least post their schedule on this new website, which would be a nice thing for their fans.

Yes, Meryl & Charlie get asked if they are a couple. I think it is the only question most non-skate fans interviewers can think to ask :lol: Check out the last interview from D/W, promoting US Nationals. They got the question, again, gave an answer about why having a relationship and trying to compete together is a bad idea for any couple.

I don't think they have a PR firm. They have an agent though. They do have facebook & Twitter, but I think USFS makes them do it-it gets linked on the icenetwork Twitter feed, so it is semi official. ice-dance.com has their official website, which is pretty schematic, but at least shows their schedule.

Maybe some dancers with huge money in the family (Isabelle Tobias maybe?) have a PR and a really hot website, but not most.

Back in the day, Tara Lipinsky had a PR firm when she was in Juniors-but that was then; this is now.

2. martyross

martyross New Member

sometimes one can eat and can touch without being a couple :D

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I think the question was brought up a bit more before, they have given it a rest now. But some fan still misinterpret their relationship.

Anyway, random question, what is D&W's short dance?

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Giselle

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:lol: Yes. But why they wonder people still ask them about there relationships. Great actors, what could i say? :D

Doris, i know about last D-W interview. It was first time, when journalist ask them are the a coiple off-ice. Not sure he even saw there sakting.

6. Lissa

Lissa New Member

I wish interviewers would stop with those are you a couple questions, it's clear they are not & this was exactly what happened with Torvill & Dean years ago, & Chris said once, we got a kick out of people thinking that so we just went with it.:lol:

I see T&S relationship alot like T&D's. They are close friends who will remain that way forever but that is it, I believe that is the best thing too, if they were a couple off ice it would have eventually lead to drama & issues that end up being brought on the ice with them. I don't think Scott thinks of Tessa like that at all.

7. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

and wouldnt all those pesky questions about their relationship somehow subside if tessa and scott would be more forthright about the people that they are actually seeing/dating? like what charlie and tanith are doing? isnt scott dating jessica dube? if that's so, and if people actually know about it, wouldnt people respect that relationship? if i were in jessica's place, i would be a bit hurt if people would keep asking my bf if he were seeing another girl. and scott himself, he should know better by simply saying that he's dating jessica dube.

and with charlie and tanith being more forthright with their relationship, people dont ask charlie and meryl as much if they're a couple off ice.

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Its not only about D-W, but about other skaters too.
    But maybe T-S want to save there bf/gf from persona attack from V-M fans?
    How i remember some crazy posts about V-M in internet were made after Scott said he has gf and put his photo with Jess in internet. And when Jess, like Tanith, put her photos with Scott, that people become more agressive :(
    I am not sure about Scott and Jessica still dating, but who knows.

9. iNap

iNap Active Member

You are wrong. People ask a lot off time if D-W are couple. There interviews are before Olympics and after Olympics where they ask this. These interviews in website, audio and video types. I don't have lot off time to make list. Nothing to do with playing or not playing. It is because they skate for so long just like T-S. Of course, you only see what you want to see ;)

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Are this hurt D-W fans if nobody ask them are they couple off-ice?
    A great pleasure to talk with myself :lol:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani, some times the only intelligent conversations are those we have with ourselves! welcome to the club.....

Other than in the recent pictures for USFS D&W do not look like a couple at all. That image of him panting for breath on the ice and Meryl just standing there waiting for him to get up and hug her and the Olys is always in my mind. I am sure if they are asked whether they are in couple its beause that its the standard question for pairs/dance teams and also because they have been together for such a long time.

With T&S there is always a look, a nod of the head, hand holding and of course the hug. Their problem is they look so GOOD together thats why people always hope that they are/will be a couple.

I think in an interview Scott mentioned a jacket given to him by an ex girlfriend thats why people thought that Jessica and he were no longer together.

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

And because people didnt saw them together in Nice. So this is only speculation :)

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Haha that was funny! But tbh I did think it was you and I was thinking, wow this is cray lol then I realized it wasn't you.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

There are a lot off pani in the internet :shuffle:

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Um I'm not sure what this means. Are there a lot of posters that mimic you?

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, its joke. A lot off people thinking thats me under different nickes :D

17. zotza

zotza Active Member

It's always a pleasure to talk to oneself.:rofl:

The obsession of some people though is alarming.I don't think it really has to do with how V/M marketed themselves.Ice dancing has always been like that ,with the exception of sibling teams.It's part of the sport, speculation, questions,fans that want the passions shown on ice to be real,etc.All the couples get asked if they are together off ice.We have a commentator on greek tv that always mentions if a couple is a couple of the ice and finds it perfectly normal as well.Maybe because back in the 60s and 70s most of the couples were either married couples or member of the same family.

The problem with V/M is that some fans weren't there for the skating from day one.The Olympics always draw such audiences,and since they didn't retire afterwards the speculation continued.And Mahler was a program that can inspire such speculation especially to the general skating fan.

For me it's totally different to be a skating fan and also be interested on the " are they together or not" topic than be a "shipper" and just be there for the romance.And on the other hand,a lot of "shippers" became real fans during these past two years,so skating won in most of the cases.

Meryl and Charlie get asked,Nathalie and Fabian get asked,Kaitlyn and Andrew,I remember a russian journalist even asking B/S back in May.Nobody escapes the question eventually.

But the existence of rumours that are beyond any rational explanation and clearly indicate other kind of issues is something that nobody deserves,and the way some fans react make skating fans distantiate themselves.And this is bad for skaters of V/M's caliber.They should be respected first and foremost.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What about incest? :lol:
    I agree with all your post. And when two young people dancing together and play in love on ice people evere will ne imaging they are together off-ice too ;)
    And yes, i think its good for V-M to any jind of fans, but i feel like some fans were dissapointed they are not together and thats why made some agressive posts in internet.
    So i think for us skating is most important thing, no? :)

19. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

when pani said that it was a pleasure talking to herself, note that she was responding to inap.. pani backwards. :lol:

20. Macassar88

Scott and Jessica actually broke ip

21. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Thought it was interesting that Meryl said in the interview that many ice dancers date... I truly can't think of that many! People speculate about Tessa and Scott, as well as Katelyn and Andrew...but other than a few confirmed couples (Elena/Nikita at least did date, Madison Hubbell and Zac Donohue are I believe) it's really not that frequent...

I'll admit one of the reasons I love Tessa and Scott is their romantic touch, but while I wish they were a couple, I'd love their skating regardless. The true reason I follow them is that they are just so damn good!

22. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

even when they were still dating, scott wasnt as forthcoming about that. i guess, as what pani said, he was protecting jessica from negative publicity.

23. Macassar88

Lol isn't Dima married with a kid? (Unless it's secretly Ekaterina Bobrova's but they used Dima's wife as a surrogate)

24. sequins

sequins New Member

Love this post! Personally I hate facebook, twitter etc. If you like it fine but why expect everyone else to join you. Just because T&S are skaters they are some how obligated to share all the intimate details of their lives? Sorry, no. All they are obligated to do is their job, skate, some interviews, PR. Every thing else is up to them, don't like it too bad, don't watch.

25. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

I remember he was married in 2008 and I think he was 17.

Those dating questions are traditional thing for journalists. Its like with movies that sell off the romance between lead actors. *Twilight*:shuffle:

26. zotza

zotza Active Member

I don't know if he's still married , but he's certainly not with Ekaterina:hat1:
    Journalists will probably ask these kind of questions to anyone that hasn't got the same parents:rofl:

Absolutely agree with the Twilight comment though:cool:

edited to add: What intrigues me the most about V/M Carmen is the music cuts and the pieces they're going to use.And the overall tone of the program.Will they go for the lighter pieces vs the darker ones?(I hope for the second)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like i understand, C-L will have darker Carmen version with using Radion Shedring arregment. So i am not sure about Tessa and Scott. Still no information at SC site.

28. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

In their HPC interview Tessa said that the music is so powerful and dramatic, something they have't done before, so I assume that means the darker side of the opera. Can't wait to see it. But i am sure that it will be :kickass: :smokin:. I will love it no matter what. :lol:

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Wow that's so young! I can't imagine being married at 25, let alone 17. My friend got married earlier this year and she was 21 on her wedding day. While I was very happy for her and she and husband are obviously in love I just kept thinking how I wouldn't have been able to go through with it lol...runaway bride.
    We only have a little over a week to go now. It would be so crazy if C/L and V/M happen to have similar music arrangements. (At that point I probably would find it hard to believe that both teams skating to Carmen was a coincidence after all lol).

30. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

People were wondering a while back ago about figure skating coverage this year in Canada, as there has been some shake up with CBC and Bold. So I fired off an email to PJ and she wrote back, she kicks ass. To the best of her knowledge, though she's by no means certain, CBC will be covering all the GP events including 4cc, Europeans, the GP Final, and Worlds. With Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals, PJ is covering them on location for CBC online. For Worlds 2013, she thinks there may be similar coverage as there was on Bold last year. Oh, and she's also going to be creating podcasts this season. PJ is a rock star.

Hope this info isn't redundant to you, it was certainly news to me. Anything that reassures me of VM coverage is welcomed news.