Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Sep 8, 2012.

1. martyross

martyross Active Member

28 days until Finlandia.

waiting for the masterpiece(s)!

2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I know I'm going to sound so uber but I don't think I've been this excited to see a new set of programs ever.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

4. martyross

martyross Active Member

hehe.. they make our lives so glamorous.. :p ..

5. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:swoon:Wow, just Wow. I am thinking this will be spectacular

6. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Just stunning.

When they performed Valse Triste at Worlds, the B. Eurosport men mentioned two things that you see exquisitely portrayed in those series of stills: the fluidity of movement and the fact that every frame makes a worthy picture. We don't even see them moving (duh), but the ease and beauty of the pictures gives the feeling of such smoothness. Remarkable.

They really just catapulted my expectations.

7. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I was just looking at those pictures again. All of them, just incredible...

Also, no one else out there right now has better, cleaner lines and extension. :swoon:

8. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Thanks Marty for the new thread. Didn't realize it existed until Shayii mentioned it in her last post in "new beginnings.." The pics make them look amazing. Can't wait to be impressed and in love with new programmes. They never disappoint.

9. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Great thread title! Those lyrics are so charming in French (some things just don't translate well, lol).

Best of luck to Tessa and Scott for the new season!

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I was thinking this too. Like in that picture where Tessa is upside down, it looks like it could be a lift when it might just be a position to get into a lift, but it still looks amazing and makes a great picture.

11. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

With the start of the new season getting closer, I'm going to do a better job of keeping up with this thread. And I'm going to have to stop reading the thread from the most current page backwards. Before the other thread was closed and V&M's music was confirmed I saw "them" and "Memoirs of a Geisha" and thought that was Scott and Tessa's FD. :lol:

ITA. Every position is flawless. That first lift is especially :swoon:.

Like others, when I first heard the rumours about Carmen I was feeling a bit "meh" but after reading about the direction the program will take and that V&M are working with an outside choreographer, I think that Carmen has the potential to be as fantastic as the new SD. I love it when the dancers are able to come up with a complete package so to speak; when both programs are excellent rather than one being amazing and the other not so much.

It also seems as if this is the second year in a row that V&M have been able to train full out without dealing with any major leg issues from Tessa. :rollin:

So far both V&M and P&B's dances sound fantastic. I can't wait to see both teams in competition.

12. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

J just watched BBC commentary on Olys FD and Robin Cousins was blown away by their complexity, technical skills, timing and musical interpretation. Coming from a skater who was so good in his day, made me feel so glad for T/S. I certainly hope they heard some of these comments.

13. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

girlscouse62, I agree about hoping Tessa and Scott got to hear Robin's comments about them. While I love that that V&M are self deprecating (Tessa even more so) and can properly critique themselves when it comes to strengths, weaknesses and what needs to be fixed, I admit that looking back at last season the thing that bothered me the most was that they (Tessa especially) seemed to sell themselves short. It never sat well with me that a team as good all around as V&M are should be plagued with self doubt and made to feel that their success was undeserved.

It's a new season and a new start and hopefully V&M can go out and really get people talking. I don't want to see another season where V&M end up looking as if they are struggling to keep up. It does sound as if they have covered all the bases this time around and are determined to make a huge impression from the word go.

I'm starting to feel really positive and hopeful for them.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! What a beautifull positions and body lines. Now i want to know, what music they choose - ballet or opera.
    Like i sad last season - the key is not to use some unknown music, but to show innovarive choreo even on oversued music. So will see could they made this or no.
    For me its interesting to know - what music they choose first for FD this season? Look like Scott joke after WCh were truth - he really wish to do something, like there PF FD.
    And i cant wait to know, what polka did they choose.
    For now my favorite music in SD is B-S, because it from old Soviet movie and i loved this two movies in my childrehood :D

And now cant wait to see C-L FD. I think Vlasova choose Roland Pettit vesrsion too. So it could be two very simipar FDs. But will see :)

15. martyross

martyross Active Member

glad to see you here, Carmen!
    pani, we don't know for sure if the choreo is based on Roland Petit ballet...it would be great, because Tessa is an exquisite ballerina!

PjKwong will be interviewing T&S tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  16. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

pani, we need those links over here, but they don't work anymore because fsu abbreviated the full link where the dots are... the abbreviated version of the links were copied, not the full links. someone is going to have to cut and paste the full links again.

eta... copied full links from goldenskate. may not be the same.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?num=10&...0/04/29/roland%C2%A0petit/&docid=IiMPCFF85w6a

http://www.google.ca/imgres?num=10&...d=I07_oOnz-8zP0M&imgurl=http://cdn.c.photoshe

http://www.google.ca/imgres?num=10&...id=2622&docid=iApTSEVb06tMsM&imgurl=http://ww

http://www.google.ca/imgres?num=10&...s/&docid=nWyMG2EPKI9Z9M&imgurl=http://gramila

17. Bue

Bue Active Member

After a summer away from the forums, officially allowing myself to get excited now! They're looking great!

18. martyross

martyross Active Member

here are the links to the original pictures:

Roland Petit's Carmen

http://leclownlyrique.files.wordpre...in-the-ballet-carmen-by-gordon-parks-1949.jpg

http://operanut.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/06-Carmen-Scene-3-PasEndingPose.jpg

http://www.exploredance.com/upload/gallery/7/799_5449.jpg

19. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

20. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Great lifts they look similar to B/A lift in Ava Maria but with Tanith standing on Bens foot.P/B lift in Mummy FD .:shuffle:

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Could you post B-A photo?
    P-B lift were amazing, but Natalie hade different body position and lay down on Fabien back, no?

22. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Oh, my..:rolleyes:..That didn't take long.

P/B..Nathalie's shoulders rest on the back of Fabian's shoulders

and yes, Tanith was on Ben's foot .. and both were a different type of lift from V/M's..

and as someone has pointed out ..we don't yet know if some of these positions are in transition , or not.

I'll just have to :rolleyes: again.

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Good point... Tessa's positions are usually pretty damn perfect even in transitional moments, so it can be hard to tell.

24. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Stunning pictures of the VM.

25. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/results_vancouver/DFD Belbin Agosto 8294.jpg

You need to see the lifts in motion before deciding anything but with all the rules and restrictions in place for lifts all these dancers are going to hit similar positions. Tessa and Tanith both have beautiful positions. Scott however is in a very different position to Ben. The P&B comparision isn't even possible at this point as it's much more difficult to tell what is going on in that lift whereas it's easier to guess what is happening in the lift where Tessa reminds one of Tanith. Although even before Tanith we've seen female ice dancers stretch and arch their bodies into beautiful shapes in lifts.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like this B-A lift, but this very different lifts for me.

27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Yes. It made a beautiful image but the mechanics of the lift appear to be very different based on the position Scott is in. With B&A it was a straight line lift, she stepped on his boot, hit the position and steps off all moving forward in a straight line.

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This. We're obviously going to have to have video in order to figure out how that lift of V/M's works, but I think it's pretty clear that the execution is likely quite different. For me, the big thing that the two lifts have in common is that they're both very beautiful and done by very talented teams.

29. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

Can't wait to see videos also, to see the entry and the exit. But it seems photographers now at least have an early idea on what to watch out for. Tessa's arms and legs look almost perfectly parallel, my back hurts just looking at it. :lol:

30. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Yes, guys, these lifts are completely different..doesn't the one with the backbend look like a curve lift , not straight line? I mean from Scott's position?..( I might not have my terminology entirely correct).. But even if it's straight line, moving sideways, the only similarity is the backbend. If you're going to call them the same based on that..we'd soon have it reduced down to about 3 or 4 identifiable lifts in all of ice dance..

The other lift in question is even less similar .. Tessa is on one of Scott's shoulders , he has one arm free , and he's obviously moving.. Is it going up ,or about to come down ,or about to change to another position ? We have no way of knowing..I've seen a lot of lifts where the girl has both legs in the air that way, for various periods of time..they're not all the same lift....:p