1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtue & Moir #9 - What next?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=354392

Includes a quote from Meryl Davis about V&M.

I'm not sure why V&M decided to skate here/this season. Maybe they are being pressured by SC to help keep three spots for next year? Maybe there are financial tie-ins with their ROOTS deal (if they win they get $xxxxx dollars?). Who knows.

The program looks interesting. Who knows if we'll ever see it in full though.

2. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

Good call to quit before causing worse problems. Hope it wasn't too late already. I'm sure the long flights don't help that kind of injury. I hope before they really decide to compete at worlds that they get lots of expert input to make sure doing so will not cause any permanent problem. Otherwise it just isn't worth the risk, imho as a non-athlete. I know athletes have a different perspective on things.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Quote from Meryl saound inetersting. Maybe now Meryl and Charlie dont need to have this sweet image and all time talk, how they are all best friends in Canton and they have different PR agancy with T-S.
    I like this quote? because at least she tell truth.
    Maybe SC need them because of ROOTes deal? I cant understand Slipchuck - why they push Tessa so hard? Now i am happy she stoped this perfomance, when she feel something going wrong (dont know what), brecause i remember, how she hurt herself at 2009 4CC - it was hard to watch.
    And hope Tessa will made what will be better for her.
    From other side - they did really masrepiece FD, working so hard and couldnt show it - i think its double dissapointment.

4. Katha

Katha Well-Known Member

Best wishes to Tessa for a speedy recovery! What little could be seen from their FD looked beautiful and interesting. :)

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Interesting, were Tessas physiotherapist, who were with her at OG, at 4CC?

6. Kasey

Kasey Radiating rainbows!

Oh yes. Meryl is a raving beyotch because she dares to be happy with how she and her partner skated and won, and isn't utterly devastated that another team had to withdraw with injury. What an evil, horrible creature she is. :rolleyes:

Pani, sometimes you really outdo yourself in terms of batsh*t crazy.

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I didn't take pani's comment that way at all. She even said she liked the quote because she told the truth...:huh:

8. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Pani is passive-aggressive, especially when it comes to Meryl. It's been going on for years.

9. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Physiotherapist rehabilitate, don't make miracles. By the way as far as I know you need at least two week of rest to heal from a muscle strain.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope they will let Tessa have a good rest.
    How do you feel from this video, could this be muscle strain? Because i thought you couldnt use this leg, if you have muscle strain

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This time i didnt say nothing. I said i like her words. And this was her words, not mine.

12. Judy

Judy Active Member

If for whatever reason V&M are unable to compete at worlds I think they would bring the program back next year.

I have watched it only at work without sound so I'm interested to see it when I get home and tomorrow on tv.

As for Meryl's comment - I don't find anything wrong with what she said at all.

I doubt that SC or Roots is pushing V&M .. I suspect they are pushing themselves. I suspect the recovery and the training has been going very well. This could be a minor setback especially if it isn't related to the original injury. However, this event was very important in order to get feedback.

13. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I read the article and there is nothing there from Meryl that would indicate anything nasty toward Tessa.
    What she said was
    There is nothing there that I read where Meryl is slamming her teammates. She made one comment about what V&M and then talked about she and her partner - keeping the focus where it should be.
    BTW, I am a BIIIIIIG V&M fan. Just saying.

14. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I hope Virtue doesn't have compartment syndrome in her thigh. She was shaking out her left leg as they took the ice.

During the Grey Cup in November, TSN or whoever carried it, did a fluff piece on a CFL player who had compartment sydrome in his thigh. His doctor was the same as Tessa's.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:eek:OMG..... One more surgery? O no....

16. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Fabulous dance moments in the beginning of the program. I hope I'll get good news from Tessa and Scott and see them skate their full potential next time.:)

17. That was Andy Fantuz, formerly of the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
    He had to have several surgeries many years ago, but he was able to completely overcome it, and is on his way to the NFL next season.

I hope it is not compartment syndrome in Tessa's thigh!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  18. icedance

icedance New Member

19. Bue

Bue Active Member

I'm on the world's slowest broadband and I can't get it to stream properly. What does she say, icedance?

20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this thread be closed now?

21. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Tessa's comments: very press-release-y.

She says that this was a bump in the road; there was "lingering pain" throughout practice before going to Taipei City (is it Taipei City or just Taipei? She adds the city) and that the muscle just "spasmed up" on her. She/they are very disappointed, but they got good practice this week, good feedback from the judges, and are "right on track" for worlds.

--Scott reiterates (not Moir, the CBC sports announcer) that this is unrelated to the compartment syndrome.

Does anyone think that if they choose to skate this next season, the fact that the pattern in the SD will be Rhumba?

22. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

Ugh! Poor Tessa, girl can't catch a break. I pulled up the program on YouTube and saw it was only 2min and knew something was up. Hopefully she'll get well soon, but take the time to heal.

On the bright side, I enjoyed the part of the program we saw. Very much a deviation from their typical style, if only they can Have a program like that for a complete season...

If they did keep it (which I realize is jumping way ahead) could they combine it with the Rhumba SD in order to not have 2 Latin programs?

23. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

this thread has over 1000 posts now. seriously needs to be closed and a new one opened ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.