Virtue & Moir #9 - What next?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

.. Athlete Availability – High Performance Camp – Hershey Centre, Mississauga
    • Skate Canada’s High Performance Camp will be held in Mississauga, Ontario September 9-10
    • Athletes will be available to media on Thursday, September 9 at the Hershey Centre from 10:00 - 14:30
    • Skaters will practice on-ice (video and still photographs permitted) and conduct interviews in a scrum format at times indicated
    • Skate Canada CEO William Thompson and High Performance Director Mike Slipchuk will also be available for interviews during the media scrums

Schedule:
    10:00 – 10:40 – Rink 4 Women’s practice
    Cynthia Phaneuf, Myriane Samson, Diane Szmiett, Amélie Lacoste
    10:40 – 11:00 Women’s media scrum
    10:40 – 11:20 – Rink 4 Men’s practice
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds, Shawn Sawyer, Jeremy Ten

11:20 – 11:40 Men’s media scrum
    11:45 – 12:05 Pair Team media scrum
    11:35 – 12:55 – Rink 4 Ice Dance practice
    11:35 – 12:15 Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill
    Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam
    12:15 – 12:55 Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
    Vanessa Crone/Paul Poirier
    Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje
    12:55 – 1:15 – Rink 4 Ice Dance Team media scrum
    13:10 – 14:30 – Rink 4 Pair Teams practice
    13:10 – 13:50 Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers
    Kaleigh Hole / Adam Johnson
    13:50 – 14:30 Jessica Dubé/Bryce Davison
    Mylène Brodeur/ John Mattatall
    Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch
    To attend this media availability, please e-mail bmacdonald@skatecanada.ca to register in advance.

Hope we will have more information soon. Maybe some videos and photos - will be cool! Cant waite to watch something from C-P programs too :hat1:

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Cant wait for Skate Canada. I've never seen C & P live and looking forward to V & M's new programs.............I'm sure they'll be awsome as usual :)

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Will someone attened High Performance Camp? Will we have some reports from the traning session?

4. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:wideeyes:Oh, me nerves ! Can't wait ( but I must ) for reports, clips, stills from some of these programs..What is it ..3 more sleeps ?

5. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Ha! They have a book coming out in November! Can't believe I've not heard anything about it until I found this

http://www.anansi.ca/titles.cfm?pub_id=1451

Anyone know anything about anansi? I've never heard of it, but then I lead a sheltered life ;)

Answering my own question anansi is a Canadian literary publisher. Tessa and Scott is also listed on amazon.

6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. alilou

Actually Doris I wanted to know about anansi the publisher since I'd never heard of them and wanted to know if they're legit. It appears that they are. But thanks anyway :)

8. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I saw C&P practice at the Olympics and they put a spell on the building. I was blown away!

9. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Anansi is an excellent publishing house. They publish quality fiction (often nominated for literary prizes) and non-fiction.

The author who will be working with Tessa and Scott on the book is Steve Milton, a journalist who has covered figure skating for years and has written many other skating books. (His book Skate Talk comes to mind; it was very good - a set of short, insightful essays based on skaters' personal feelings and experiences in the sport. For example, there was a lovely story from Toller Cranston about his memories of Sergei Grinkov, titled "An Olympic Champion's Hand". I highly recommend the book - you could probably find it through your library.)

Since this is a "T&S as told to Steve Milton" book it will be a narrative told from their perspective, not an investigative or analytical piece of writing, but they have chosen highly-reputable people to work with. I'm really pleased about that.

10. alilou

Yes I was pleased about Steve Milton also. I'm familiar with his other books, just wasn't familiar with anansi.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  12. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:huh:Boy, I thought at least some word would have come out of high performance camp by now.. y'now,at least.. looked great in practice..or..so and so had a really neat lift... I know we Canadians are notoriously bad spies , but this is pretty grim.:angryfire

14. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Wrong thread

15. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:DSeems pretty either /or to me. You mean if I found out "what's next" from high performance camp, you wouldn't want me to say so here..? I'll take it wherever I can get it , myself..;)

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No words from HPC...... Sad. I hope to have some more information about Skate Canada reaction on Tessa and Scott new programs.
    And look, like Tessa and Scott really want to do something werid, but Marina and Igor said them they coudnt mde this because of ISU rules - sad, sad, sad.
    Photo from Skatebuzz
    ww.skatebuzz.com/Default.aspx
    Young fresh love againe?

17. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Cheer up pani..It doesn't sound like they're being sat on to me..Every team has to be a bit in the dark as to how the judges are going to react to the new rules. It's all a big guessing game 'til they get some reaction. ;)

And they all might want to experiment, but they want to win , too.

The picture could be from the Waltz SD ,or maybe not even from this year's programs. I'm waiting anxiously to hear more..

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

When they show there PF FD first time at HPC there was a big buzz about innovation FD i dont talk about Mahler FD.
    I hope we will have more information about programs

19. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

20. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:):)pani, pani....take a deep breath and don't panic yet. in the PF year, HPC was open to the public..so we can't expect the same level of kibbitzing. I'm with you..I want to hear something.. but we don't want you to be a complete wreck before the season begins..:wideeyes:

21. marikat

marikat Active Member

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Look like V-M was at HPC without coaches.
    D-W changed there SD after USA tests. Second program in group.....

23. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Interesting. It looks like everyone, including coaches, is having a hard time figuring out this new SD.

This doesn't bode well for how much the judges might be understanding it, either.

24. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:wideeyes: the SD could ,as feared, make ice dance the scene of chaos and confusion this year..But I'm encouraged ,rather than discouraged ,to see the quick reaction time of the Z/S school to constructive/negative feedback .Shows they're willing to do what it takes for their skaters.

25. Judy

Judy New Member

I would think the coaches and skating unions would be up on the changes and that fine tuning certain areas is just needed.

I can't imagine how the poor judges can keep up with all the changes.

26. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

And especially as it seems some of the wording of those rules is still somewhat ambiguous..nah, I prefer being an armchair judge.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In D-W tread someone post Arctic
    Arctic Age Edge is inviting the public to watch the ice dance teams perform this Friday at 10:00am - free admission.

Hope T-S will be there too and we will have some reports or evem video or photos. Maybe someone could go.

28. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

In PJ Kwong's latest blog entry with Marina, PJ says that she interviewed her at the HPC camp. So Marina was there, and she would have received SC's feedback.

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for this link!
    Marina will be choreograhfer of this show? No...... :huh:
    But it will be greate to see there SD. Hope we will have some reports from this show.
    I think D-W will perfom there FD in show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.