Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by mishieru07, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

It's always good to have two V/M threads. ;)

2. mishieru07

mishieru07 New Member

It got locked. The D/W thread was moved to the folder. I started this one because the Olympics were over (nooooo!!!) and it felt weird to discuss post-Olympics stuff in the other thread, which was more on questions. And of course, because I missed unabashedly fangirling with all you ubers! :lol:

I'm thinking a collaboration with Shae-Lynn would be great! I really like her choreography and as an ice-dancer/ coach herself, she probably knows its requirements rather well. I'm all for voidy; in retrospect, I think the choreography of PF is amazing. So very different from Valse Triste and UoC but just as enjoyable. I do hope they'll continue and branch out.

I wonder if they'll do Festa On Ice again; they've done it for the past 2 years! The Korean fans are a really enthusiastic bunch. (esp when Yu Na is skating).

Strangely, we have around 2000 views but only 30 posts! You hard-core ubers are probably sick of me saying this but to all lurkers (particularly new fans) out there, do join us! You can also join us here: http://z6.invisionfree.com/DareYouToMove/index.php?act=idx

You can always share about yourself; like where you're from (geographically), how you found V/M, which programmes you like etc. We're a very nice bunch of people and we don't bite. Whatever "vamping" Scott and Tessa do on the ice is their thing. :p

Thanks for the links guys! :D They look pretty awesome for someone who barely slept during the past week. I'll definitely look like a panda.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I hope we must keep all V-M discussion in this read - how do you think, guys?
    I wasnt to continie one discussion from OG forum. Not about OG, but something from wuzzrobbed tread.
    Its something about Shpilbannd vision of ice-dance made ice-dance close to pair skating.
    I want to say, that this is Marinas vision of ice dance. She talk in a lot off interwies, that she didnt like ice-dance before COP, but love pair skating a lot.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

5. PEKINGMOO

PEKINGMOO New Member

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They look greate - maybe in will be photosession in Hello?

7. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I wonder if the original poster is referring to the "Tessa and Scott" thread in the Trash Can.

8. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

10. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Oh jeez, the quote on the Hello cover. I just facepalmed. :p

11. Lissa

Lissa New Member

I wish I could find some Euro or BBC vids of their Gold Medal FD.

There is nothing on YT at all, WTH is going on?:rolleyes:

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Pani, I don't know how you find that stuff, but I'm going to go out and buy a copy of "Hello"............loved the article.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Its all - V-M fans community.
    Its new V-M livejournal on english.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you notice, guys, Tessa said she want go to Windsor University after WCh.
    How do you think - could she trained in Canton and study in University?
    I think its greate, that Meryl and Charlie could attened collage and traned in the same time. I wish Tessa could made this too.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...edalist-Olympic-ice-dancers-reunite-in-Canton
    Canton Celebration. Video with Meryl and Charlie (and there waltz traning) and a little with Tessa adn Scott. Scott, where you voice? :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  16. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Windsor is on the Canadian side of the border, right across the river from Detroit.

She has already been attending courses at the University of Windsor part-time, and I'm sure that she can continue if she wishes.

17. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Tessa has been attending the University of Windsor for the last two years so she will probably continue to do that. Like flowerpower said, Windsor is a short drive over the border from Detroit. Wing & Lowe received post-secondary education at the UofWindsor while they trained in Detroit and I believe Siobhan Karam did too. Side note: UofWindsor has an excellent law school. Many top law firms on Bay Street in Toronto recruit UofWindsor law grads.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if it's hard for D&W and V&M to get motivated to train for worlds right now after the experience they've just had.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Didnt Siobhan Karam attened Windsor University, when she trained in S-Z group?
    Hope Tess could skte and study.
    I think Tessa adn Scott could take a part dancing shows, how do you thig? Did you have in Canada "Dance with the Stars"?

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes - i agree with you. Scott and Tessa look a little off. Meryle and Charlie show good skating in CD :)
    I cant understand, why ISU need WCh in Olympic years, because its hard to be on top two times in the season. Bit now i am happy, because i will go to WCh :lol:
    I think Meryl-Charlie have there motivation - to get gold at WCh.
    Scott and Tessa wish this gold too.
    Hope both teams will be OK.
    Interesting, who will go with Shibutanies at JWCh - Igor or Marina? Shibutany steel along long time during OG - hope they will be ready for JW.

20. nippy

nippy Member

21. BellaSTRARSSA!

BellaSTRARSSA! Member

Thanks for those articles and lj community link, Pani! :)

I think both V&M and D&W will be ready once Worlds rolls around. Having each other there to push the training along is a great asset right now.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe she have tall boyfriend :lol:

23. nippy

nippy Member

24. nippy

nippy Member

I'd probably lose teeth in them, but they look great.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

If you have tall boyfriend you need something like this :)
    Did you saw Nastya Lukin at OG? Tessa only had photoshort in this shoes, and Nastya really walk in this kind of shoes

27. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

This dress is virtually identical to the white one except for some more beading detail in the middle of the chest. According to some blog during the Olympics, the pink one was Tessa's favourite but Marina wanted the white one, saying "you can't wear pink on the Olympic podium".

Wouldn't surprise me to see her wear the pink one at worlds. But I liked the look of the white one better.

28. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

What, she never heard of Oksana Baiul? :lol:

29. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for the video!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.