Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by mishieru07, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mishieru07

mishieru07 New Member

Our last thread got locked up because we went off tangent and discussed the Olympics. Let's try to stay on track this time! :lol:

To get things going, here's their upcoming schedule:

Worlds 2010 - Turin, Italy (GMT + 1)
    Mar 23: CD (12:00 - 16:20)
    Mar 25: OD (12:45 - 17:00)
    Mar 26: FD (20:00 - 22:30)
    Mar 28: Gala (14:30)

Stars on Ice
    April 22 – Halifax
    April 24 – Ottawa
    April 25 – Montreal
    April 29 – Windsor
    April 30 – Toronto
    May 1 – Hamilton
    May 2 – London
    May 6 – Winnipeg
    May 8 – Edmonton
    May 9 – Calgary
    May 11 – Victoria
    May 14 - Vancouver

Nice article on them by Maclean's: http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/03/01/canada’s-sweethearts/

I honestly wonder how they can top their programmes this season, assuming they stay on. I'm dying to see what the dancers will do for the OD next season! I am curious to know if they'll have a new Ex for Worlds! (Probably not, but I think they'll have a new one for SOI)

It's honestly quite hilarious that EVERYONE is convinced they're dating. I showed their FD to a couple of non-skating fans and they didn't believe me. The true/slant article was :lol:. V/M should consider a career in acting.

ALLEZ V/M! :D

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  2. bookworm

bookworm New Member

:lol: That last line in the article just kills me.

3. BellaSTRARSSA!

BellaSTRARSSA! Member

:cheer: for this thread.

Loved the Macleans article! So many people contributing to their success as well as their own hard work and determination. The thought of them being too shy to talk to each when they first paired up is very sweet, although hard to imagine with Scott's outgoing personality. :lol:

And their last CSOI date's on my b-day. I'm so tempted...

As for staying on (I hope so) and I think the sky's the limit for them artistically. I've been watching last seasons FD and also from their EX the other night and I hope they'll explore some more modern dance/music like Pink Floyd.

4. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

Been checking up the Facebook fan pages for V/M (three of them. One for the two and one for each individually). Before V/M won membership in the Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue fan page was 20 (I was one of them). During the Olympics, it rose to about 100 to 200. The days after they won, there has now been 4000+ members.

I don't know whether it's just Canadian pride, the fact that there is a fan page for V/M and longtime fans just hasn't seen it yet, or the "OMG I love this team I wonder if there's a fan page for them on Facebook OMG there it is! *becomes a fan*" hype like what I saw with the numbers in Evan Lysacek's fan page but it's good to know they're becoming known. I'll take the latter.

(Have a feeling that most of the increase is due to every-four-year fans. Hopefully it won't decrease as the years go on or next season when they stop caring about skating. Hehehehehe. :p)

YAY V/M!!!!!!!!!!! You made that Goose fly!

5. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think that's the main thing I'm looking forward to. To see what types of FD's V&M will skate to in the coming seasons. I wonder if they might even use an outside choreographer at some point, just for a little variety.

I'm sorry I never got the Pink Floyd FD on tape, I have to go to youtube when I want to see it. Perhaps they'll bring back a version of it as an exhibition. I can hope.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They didnt said, they will compite in next season yet. But i hope they will show something modern in show too :)
    I think they will show ner exibition at CSOI, not at WCh

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Greate article! What a hard way they had to get this moment of there lifes. Russian commentator said it was easiest victory at this OG, but i think it was really hard. To get up every day at 4-30, to live along, without pearents from 13-15 yesars old, live in another country from 14-16, this Tessas injury, when doctors didnt know, what happened with her.
    It really inteersting - what a different wayes they have with Meryl and Charlie and what a close friends they are.
    Maybe we must have 1 V-M tread now?

8. karen

karen Member

I don't usually read Maclean's, but I picked up a copy this week because V/M are on the cover and there are quite a few pages of Olympic coverage.

9. Bue

Bue Member

Oh, I know! All the comments at the end of that article are from people saying that they MUST be in love, "have you seen the way Tessa looks at him?" etc. Hilarious!

pani, Marina made a comment after they won OG about how they plan to skate for a long time yet. And Scott said something like, "We've only just begun." They haven't confirmed anything but it sounds likely they are coming back for at least another season.

Good to have our thread back. There was a great cheer thread in the Oly ice dance forum, but a lot of regulars weren't there!

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, Marina said, but at NBC interwie (they answer on people questions) Dave ask - will they end skating because of Tessas injurie. Tessa said, that she is OK now and skate without pain. And that they will go to WCh, then in CSOI tour and only then will decide will they skate more or no.

11. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

13. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

I hear the drinking age is 19 in Canada so Tessa could go ahead before she turns 21 in May.

Lucky bastards. :p Enjoy the Grey Goose, Tessa!

14. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

17. icedance

icedance New Member

Awesome! Thanks Pani!

18. Bue

Bue Member

Wow, live streaming Tessa and Scott's arrival at the airport... the London paper really has nothing to report on, does it? :lol:

If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

:lol:

Tessa and Scott was really sweet with all this kids and give to all of them touch there medals :)
    They will to to WCh - YEEESSSSS!!!!!

20. icedance

icedance New Member

that is a surreal experience :) But how cool, "That's the plan!" - about winning Worlds in Torino - and I'm gonna witness that live (sorry for boasting, but no major competition including Tessa and Scott is gonna take place in Europe next season, so I'm over the moon about Torino)

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am tooo! For me its not important, will they win or no, but i hope to see them life/
    Its sad, they talkk, that they didnt have a lot off sponsors yet

22. BellaSTRARSSA!

BellaSTRARSSA! Member

I think there's a decent chance for this to happen. Allowing them to branch out a bit for at least next year or the year after shouldn't feel too risky to them or V&M at this point. It just depends on what they decide in regards to competing after this season; just one or two more seasons or trying to do the whole quad for Sochi.

I figure it would probably end up as a collaborative effort with an outside party when all is said and done.

23. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced they won't decide it's too much to handle, especially if they continue to do media stuff between now and then. If they want to score endorsement deals, they can't wait a month until after Worlds, they'll be forgotten by the general public.

New favorite drink?! I'll have to make the bartender fix one the next time I'm out.

I'm trying to prepare myself for them not continuing to compete and I keep thinking that they've won the sport's biggest prize, all that's left is to push the sport (aside from racking up medals). I'd love to see them do it under the COP, just to see what they could come up with, but even if they just skate in some shows they'll be able to explore other parts of their skating. So basically, I'd say there's a very good chance they'll collaborate and branch out, whether they're playing primarily to the COP or the crowd.

24. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I believe they have a contractual obligation to skate at worlds? Especially to help secure two spots for next year.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They said they will go to WCh. And Scott said - to win gold at WCh is a plan :lol:

26. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

The Globe and Mail had a beautiful colour photo of Tessa and Scott's London homecoming on the front page of the paper today. :)

It's one thing to be on the front page of the London Free Press (hometown paper, that's to be expected). But the Globe is often referred to as "Canada's National Newspaper"; it is published in Toronto and is sold across the country. This just demonstrates how well-known and well-respected they are becoming in Canada.

27. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Greate photos! They look really greate even if they didnt slept after there winig perfomance. They are so young.
    I have 1 question for canadians. How do you think, what kind of contact could they have in Canada? Only CSOI or maby something else?

29. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Why are there two V/M threads?

30. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

The other one was moved to the Olympic folder because there was discussion about Vancouver in it. I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.