Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

The video on youtube, while from TSN, is much worse than the video on the TSN website. I always watch it on the TSN website because the youtube one is too buffery.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=more/588/1/0/847527/clip/592

2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks, I did watch that one, but I'm trying to find one I can download and save. I don't know how to download from that site (I can from youtube but the quality sucked). I was thinking/hoping maybe there was a V&M fan site or something with better videos, but I guess not. :( I'm sure pani would've found it. ;)

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Is that geo-blocked? Because it won't load for me :(

4. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yes, but if you click figure skating on the bottom left, you can get the videos. Yay for poor site design. ;)

5. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

I'm in Canada and have still been geoblocked by the site... :rolleyes:

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I'm not in Canada and I am still geo-blocked ;) We can't win.

7. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

as usual, i compiled the links for nationals on my blog

videos
    photos
    articles

+

quotes from sap5, scott, puglover and ele pa

+

a quick note about the blog's one year anniversary here. thanks for all your support!

+

2013 nationals in one go found here
    2012-2013 season information here

:)

if you like this, then read, comment and subscribe.

8. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

9. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

idk about you guys but i cant stop watching tessa and scott's sd! they improved it so much! i've also noticed that their performance of the polka pattern has become more sharper and crisper and peppy. their sd now captures the lightheartedness of the polka

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

And I keep watchin the FD......I just love love love the new ending.....that choreo lift looks difficult, but more comfortable for them. That part where she kicks and goes down still makes me cringe, not because I don't like it but I'm always afraid she going to hurt her knee (it comes from being so careful of mine after breaking the knee-cap last year). Anyway after I let it sink in for a few days, I think this is one wonderful FD and I hope they they get the kinks out and kick butt at Worlds. There's not another team who can hold a candle to them in my mind.

11. puglover

puglover Active Member

I am still on cloud nine from seeing them last week. They were so close when they were practicing their free dance - I couldn't think of any celebrity I would rather be that near to. I wondered if I had built Carmen up too much in my mind and I would be disappointed but it had the opposite affect. It felt so real - I felt shattered at the end for Scott. I love the new ending - to me it portrayed a glimmer of hope - followed by the emphatic shake of Tessa's head/torso and you knew this wasn't going to have a happy ending. I still have chills when I remember it.

12. rainbowkisses

you are so lucky you got to see carmen live :(
    i kinda hope that they will preform a shortened version of carmen for soi this year like they performed a shortened version of mahler back in 2010
    (i also hope tessa and jbutt do a routine together :D)

13. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I keep watching it as well, and I love that part after the yankee polka where Scott's twisting from side to side as Tessa kind of follows. It reminds me of a game of hide and seek, and I love that playful childhood feel they put into the program.

ETA: I meant to say peakaboo, but hide and seek works as well I guess haha

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  14. rainbowkisses

this one right? http://24.media.tumblr.com/239eda5cd0298aa698de33e67873a2e9/tumblr_mgxm6qsEoh1qhrap4o3_250.gif
    its my favorite part too :biggrinbo

btw the gala started on tsn

15. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

So. Nationals inflation aside - anyone freaking out yet?

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just watched USA Nationals FD. I am dissapointed in Tracy Wilson. Now i understand, what people talking about her comments on USA and Canada TV difference.
    Could she gave good feed-back to Tessa and Scott? I am not sure.
    Did Kurt Brauning didnt work on NBC anymore?

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I dont want talking about this, because i was sure this waht happened.
    But i feel bad for Hubble-Donahue, who didnt made team this season :(
    And for Lynn and Logan too.

18. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I am glad now that the Canadian judges were tough on V&M after seeing the ridiculously high scores for D&W. I just do not understand why D&W get such high scores. Someone has to explain that to me.

19. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Yeah - the talent in US dance is unbelievable right now!

20. rainbowkisses

197.44 :rofl: oh nationals inflation never ceases to amaze me
    im surprised they didnt get 300 because their performance definitely deserved 300 ;) :rofl:

eta:
    :rofl:totally

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Do you think Shibs and C-B were better? I dont, but who i am?

22. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Not really. It was a similar situation last year and V&M won 4CC and got their levels they didn't get at nationals. Also you have C&B, Shibs and H&D all score 100-105, with that in mind D&W were going to be close to maxing out their score. Personally I think the European results are more of a concern in that it shows the judges don't really care too much about the program. It's all about speed and nailing the elements.

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just like with V-M SD at Nationals - all levels 4 and D-W get all 10 in component score. You could see this
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2013/68390/results.html
    And Tracy all time talking about masterpiece of this FD.
    And about Shibs FD, wich nothing special at all. When i saw Alex videos, i think they could made something much better.

24. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

25. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I think V&M's Carmen is far superior to Funny Face last year, but D&W's program last year much better than this year's Notre Dame, but what do I know. D&W didn't seem too thrilled by their marks as if they didn't like being overmarked either. It sends the wrong message. I don't understand the judges when they do that.

26. Davis&WhiteFan

Davis&WhiteFan New Member

Does someone have a link to the protocols from Tessa & Scott's free dance from nationals? I've been looking everywhere to no avail.

Although I'm a D/W fan, I always love watching T/S's chemistry and acting. So amazing! I'm looking forward to FCC and London! May the best team win!

27. rainbowkisses

holy inflation batman!
    even performed well, there is no way in hell ND is over ten pts better than carmen the choreo is so generic. v/m just got to bring it hopefully they will smooth over the flaws in their fd by 4cc

anyways v/m's performance of hallelujah (lbr the performaces at cannats gala definately overshadowed US nats :lol:;)) at the gala ought to be their best performance yet! it was so raw and sensual
    also tsn's coverage was p. shitty. like idgf about what brian williams had to say about the gala i just wanted see the skaters dance to gangnam style:angryfire

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What i see? I see at least happy Zueva, like she was at 2010. At Canadian Nationals she looked bothering and indrferent. Plus she didnt talk with judges about that spin, maybe because she didnt care or didnt know nothing about this.
    But look at her in Omaha - yes, she become live again :lol:
    Meryl look very happy with this mars, when she was unhappy all the time (110 its so lowe mark for her).
    But i am ready, so dont care.
    And i hate when people talking about they love both teams and dont care, who will win, becasue this show unrespect to T-S skating quality and better programs this season.

29. martyross

martyross New Member

thought of the night.. if you add other 3's to the GOE's and replace the few 9.75 with 10's, you get the absolute top score, the highest possible in the current sistem. what number would come out, i wonder? 120.00?

30. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

The judges at Canadian always point out Tessa and Scott's weaknesses. This always helps them in the end.......not so the U.S. judges with their top team; hence, the magnified inflation. I feel bad for the Shibs though, being shafted.

Put it all in prospective!!!!