Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I remeber William Thompson had FSU account (fomer Canadian GEO)

2. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

I don't have a strong feeling about V/M moving to another coach.
    However, I feel pretty strongly that V/M and D/W should not have the same coaching team.
    Somehow, I don't see either moving, but then we never expected Igor to split from Marina either.

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

People unofficially thought that way, because Igor took American citizenship and Marina Canadian, and there was a subjective feeling that he preferred D&W and she preferred V&M, though I have certainly read comments going the opposite way. Still shocked they both stayed with Marina.

I don't really care anymore. My biggest reason for them to leave Marina was so they could have better choreography, and now they have it, so it's all good. The championships are going to come down to who gets their levels at Worlds. Igor is supposed to be better technically, but I don't see C&B, C&L, or R&T being so consistent with getting their TES scores either. ITA though, that the Shibs have got to go.

4. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Completely agree re: Scott's hair. It looks 1000% better than how he had it at nationals.

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yeah
    Although his hair looks best when it's slightly gelled up so it isn't covering his face. That way it has a bit more body.

6. Macassar88

Well I feel like Tessa and Scott don't need Marina as much now that they have Swan. But they need Igor's amazing tech work.
    Also I love the idea of them getting to work with Marina Klimova (and Babs to a lesser extent)

7. julianna0263

julianna0263 New Member

8. Macassar88

Well CL got the first level four on steps. And remember that Tessa and Scott are much better than any of Igor's current teams and would benefit more from his teachings. And CL are getting GOE through the roof on a lot of their elements compared to last year.

9. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I go back and forth. Sometimes I like it when it is out of his face, but I also like the look at the Nationals version of PF where it was in his face. Decisions, decisions! :lol:

10. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

My impression is that these days V/M is focusing on the art first, and the real push to get all the levels happens later in the year.

11. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I feel the same way and have for a while. I don't see the benefit in the arrangement any longer and think it's a distraction at this point (when they are fighting for the same title) to always be looking over your shoulder to see what Marina is doing with the other one. I know both teams say they don't do that but I think it's obvious they do. Not even the bubble can protect them from that tension ;)

And I'm not "oh my god they must change coaches". I'm just stating what I believe to be a fact just as Krylova did last year. It's an impossible situation. I haven't seen the K&C with D&W at 4CC but I saw a big difference in the K&C with Marina at US Nationals and Canadian Nationals that I think she is also feeling the strain.

12. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

How is it obvious?

13. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I also don't see any benefit to the current coaching situation. Fine, yeah, rivals can push you, but it's not good to be in a situation where you're having to skate like that every single day. Fact of the matter is that Marina is unable to give both V/M and D/W what they want; I agree with the sentiment that V/M and D/W should not have the same coaching team.

Like someone else said upthread, one of the big reasons I wanted a coaching change last year was for better choroegraphy. Well, they have that (and then some) now. Their programs this year are both outstanding and worthy of V/M's extraordinary talent.

I'm not convinced that Igor is a solution anymore than I'm convinced that he's some technical godsend. Yes, he's a good technical coach, but his teams have struggled too this year. I think Krylova is just as good. Her teams aren't doing any worse than Igor's are.

14. Judy

Judy New Member

Leaving marina isn't even under consideration by these two teams you can bet on that.

It is a leg cramp guys ... She still undergoes physio right? I don't think 4cc is that important anyways. Looking forward to the battle at worlds!

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think I will just leave it a I think it's obvious. If someone else doesn't agree or see the same I think it's fine to just leave it that way.

On another topic am I the only one who thinks "love is not a victory march" is bad luck? ;)

16. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I know. And I wouldn't want V&M to leave her alone with D&W. I think Marina has vision and will fight for her team. I just think when you have two choices for the top spot it's a win/win for her. In a perfect world I would rather V&M had Marina and Igor D&W :lol: But neither of them will give her up so it's just a dream.

As for the leg I agree, she'll be fine. A little rub and off she´ll go on to *** worlds ;)

17. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

It was very important in that after losing the GPF, they needed a win over D/W going into worlds. Now, D/W have two wins over them this season. That's not good. Losing worlds will mean no wins over D/W in the year before the Olympics, which will hurt them next year. So, yeah, it was imporant.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did Anisina Peizerat were hurt at 2002 OG because they get only second place at 2001 WCh?
    But i dont care. They are doing all they can to do now. Maybe even they push Tessa to much his time. So could they change something?
    They change all judges ask them to change. Even spin. They didnt work hard on choreo? Or not practice too much&
    No, they do everything and this is half sport, and half of art. I just wish to belive she is OK and they could enjoy WCh and OG not thinking only about medals, but have fun.

19. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think next season is a clean slate for V&M and D&W. If worlds weren't in their hometown I honestly wouldn't even mind them coming in second as I think it's easier to knock someone off the podium than it is to stay on it. I think Worlds results is more crucial for the other teams as they jockey for position. When it comes to V&M and D&W the material will be crucial and getting an early start on the season which V&M have said in one interview they are already planning on doing. I think this season got off to a very late start for both teams and for V&M at least meant learning new lifts at the end of the summer as those lifts they doing clearly were not in the original Carmen program ;)

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think now we need more postive discussions. We could talk abouyt coaching changes after the end of the season. I only this T-S dont need to do World team throhy this year. But they alwayse wish to compete. :)

Now T-S will have a little rest, i think. And maybe they will made new exibition for home WCh. What this could be?

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Do you think they'll have a new ex or maybe bring back ANMHE? Since they're doing SOI again I expect them to have at least one new program. A part of me too hopes they wouldn't do WTT. The other selfish part wants them to so I can see them again.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, i think they will show new exibition at WCh. And wll have two different numbers in CSOI. Maybe one number will be SD or FD.
    I think they will go to WTT, but i feel like they need to have some time for rest and start working on new programs before CSOI.

23. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

I am not too concerned about not winning 4CC...every year it seems there is a panic, and then it comes to the world championships (or in 2010 the Olympics) and they peak and win... so they don't peak to early and win all the early events. C'est la vie!

Even if they do not win worlds I think their shot at Sochi is VERY strong. IF (b/c remember it has not happened yet) they win the silver and D/W win the gold at worlds that sets us up for a VERY exciting Olympics with two of the best teams ever coming in as two-time world champions. If (and again IF) they win worlds, D/W will be even hungrier for gold and the pressure will be even more on Tessa and Scott to win in Sochi as 3 time world champs. Of course it would be nice for them to win in London, but I am fine with whatever happens. Either team could be injured tomorrow...I wouldn't plan big coaching changes and panic about politics and posturing because of one event.

and no, I think they will keep their EX through worlds... they did ain't no mountain high enough at last year's worlds. Their ex seems special, I imagine they will want to skate it at the JLC

24. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

:lol:

25. elle123

elle123 Member

I was so happy to hear Scott and Tessa skated at the gala. Tessa looked so ethereal and happy during the skate - and almost like she was overcome with emotion at the end, the way you wish for all artist to feel at the end of a performance.

Let's all just try to enjoy them while we can and keep all the negativity at bay. They've won almost everything you can imagine in the sport and have achieved such amazing milestones at such a young age. Everything at this point is just icing on the cake :)

26. elle123

elle123 Member

P.S. We should probably decide on a new thread name ASAP. We're getting close to 1000 posts.

27. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I'm at work and I can't watch it. Did Tessa skate okay?

28. elle123

elle123 Member

She looked great to me.

Then again, look someone else said (can't remember who) I had no idea she was skating with the pain she was in during the Olympics. Tessa is nothing if not a fighter.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But do you remeber she said at OG during skating she was lucky to not feel this pain?
    I like how they wallzing at the finale. They wasnt shown a lot off time, but even this few moves look so easy and graceful:)

30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'll be honest it was hard for me yesterday. I wish I had read Jess's post beforehand and just stayed in our bubble in here (though it too has been infiltrated by some haters) because it's very ugly "outside" right now, very ugly. And it just made me sad for them; I've never been more happy they don't have social media outlets. But anyways I'm just glad Tessa's is ok and that performance of Hallelujah was on a completely different level than the past ones.