Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

:rofl: w o w their haters are so ridiculous

2. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i think tessa was the one that really asked to stop, not scott. if you look at their movements after that aborted lift, it looked like scott was ready to continue but tessa wasnt. that's why, after that aborted lift, i really think scott mouthed "it's okay, it's okay", not "i can't do it", to assure tessa that even if she didnt want to do the lift, they can still continue with the rest of the program.

3. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

Yea, I agree that it looked like Scott was about to continue, but was unsure about it . My initial impression was that they communicated that they'd skip the lift and continue, but then Tessa couldn't. That would make sense if it looked like he said "I'm sorry" after, because he looked like he intended to keep going.

It'd be really interesting to hear what they say if they had mics on. Not necessarily this event, just like, their key words and communication in general.

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I agree - I am probably going to stay away from that place for a while. It just gets me angry. Honestly the only place right now that seems safe from the haters is the Tessa and Scott facebook group.

5. Fort

Fort New Member

6. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

bmcg, I, too, hate it when all fans get lumped together. Thankfully, only one person seems to be doing that here.

and thank you so much, Fort! That is great news!:)

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, feel sorry, I forget post about standing ovations for DW. I was so busy with thoughts about Tess
    a and miss one word in my message. I am sorry my message start all this war. If someone could watch gala, please post how Tessa look like

8. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

hauntingly beautiful. Tessa was exquisite. *chills*

ETA: Now that I have found some words, I just wanted to add that Tessa seemed to be smiling and dancing to the beat in the finale. It was really nice to see that. The girl always puts on a brave face, but I am going to take this, and the fact that they skated in the gala at all, as a good sign.

and walei, I thought your post was sooo funny! thanks for that, I needed a good laugh:)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I hope the fsu VM thread can be like a VM bubble... just as they have one, we have can form one too. Actually, the only time I ever hear about the "negativity" is when it's reported about in here. Wouldn't it be the dream to just cut out that drivel by not repeating it over and over?...repetition reinforces and strengthens the reach of all that negativity. We do have some power here to limit its reach. I also suggest that we save a future thread title for something about a bubble, like "our bubble", or "the VM bubble", referring to not only a place to celebrate VM but also a place to celebrate the VM fan, a place that can be safe and positive, with constructive dialogue and connections made.

eta: I'm still for "love is not a victory march". Also, reflecting upon what I just wrote, diversity of opinion is important too...I suppose that negativity would come with that. Oh dear, the freedom-of-internet-speech is a tricky one.

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Hello all, T/S were just wonderful in exhibition, and I was so happy to see smiling Tessa at the end! :)

Anyways, I just wanted to cheer you up, guys.
    Some pages before we talked about Tessa and My Little Ponies ( :D ) and even didn't know WHAT is going to happen.
    Can we just remember all the beautiful and funny moments what we have had with them and send them supportive vibrations?
    Tessa just send us her beautiful smile to say:"Life is going to continue!"

Sending 100 of hugs to you all.

11. Fort

Fort New Member

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! :) Its great news for me they were in gala and she was smiling!
    And thanks for your post. They are such strong and optimistic people. So - lest smile and no matter, what with going, just smile and try catch every moment of this joy - V-M in competitive skating.

13. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I'm a Natalie & Fabian fan first BUT love watching both Tessa & Scott & Meryl & Charlie. I enjoyed watching both the SD & FD & was gutted when Tessa had to stop as I was swept away by their FD. I can understand the high levels that Meryl & Charlie get but I feel that Tessa & Scott DANCE more than any other couple.
    Daniskates93-I feel your pain. Leg cramp is the WORSE pain I have ever been through :eek:

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope Natalie & Fabian and Keythlyn with Andrew will be at WCh. Pray for them all. Without this teams WCh will not be the same for me.

15. iNap

iNap Active Member

V-M Carmen more hot than before :D There is lot off sex. when there is so much sex you need break. Then sex get better ;)

16. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

18. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Well said! We should not forget their continuous string of podium finishes. In fact they have only once not been on the podium since they hit seniors - their first year. This is a tremendous achievement.

I have stayed away from the board a bit due to travel and also negativity. I have reached a place in my heart where I only want to enjoy them for the next few skates whatever the outcome. In the light of their health and their string of achievements and in the light of their pushing the boundaries more than any one else ( in my opinion) in these difficult COP days I think they have done a remarkable job.
    Go Tessa & Scott!!

19. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Okay I know that this will never happen since its the season before the Olympics, but what if Tessa and Scott went to Igor next season? They already know him so it won't be that weird and then they could use Swan for their choreography.
    Also there would be so much more drama and shade between Marina and Igor which would be entertaining.

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, who will go to WCh in London. Did you already bought Virtue and Moir World’s T-shirts Join the “Yellow Wave”?
    I think you need to buy one and show all support to V-M (and from us, who couldnt go, too :))/
    I think this will be great title for thread during WCh, no? I mean “Yellow Wave”.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

From what i read in russian press this will be unlucky. Look like Igor wish to have Meryl and Charlie back, but not T-S. Maybe SC need to ask him.
    And at 4CC he left C-B along for FD and went to Bavarian Open to support Tobais-Stagnionas, he wasnt at ECh. So he couldnt find good accictent yet.

22. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Pani, where are the "yellow wave" shirts being sold? First I've heard of this. I'm planning to get the Toller Cranston poster.
    Keep speaking up, positive people! We need voices of reason and some calm here. I was appalled at the vicious nasty outpouring yesterday when I first heard of the dance result. Then I reminded myself that it's just a month from World's and that's when the baiters and trolls come out in full force. Time to draw back, as emdee wisely suggests, and try to keep some perspective.
    It always amazes me that we listen to a few negative voices that manage to yell the loudest when the majority speak in calm reasoned positive tones! I know it has been said for years:"don't feed the trolls!" We should start using our ignore buttons.
    And pani, you did not start this so don't apologize.
    Positive thoughts for Worlds! May all skaters skate their best!

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I read about it on Ilderton skating club FB page. You could see it there and read message from Alma Moir with informationa about prize, sizes, how to buy.

http://www.facebook.com/IldertonSkatingClub?ref=ts&fref=ts

24. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Have I missed where we talked about Scott not gelling his hair for the FD? It was one of the bright spots for me, for sure! ;)

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, we talked about this - like about something good in this situation :)

26. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Not really.
    I mentioned it yesterday to lighten the mood in the midst of the shock, but nobody bit.
    But now that everyone is calmer..perhaps people can start breaking down the performance (including hair).
    This is wishful thinking, but sometime I do wonder whether someone from V/M's team visits this forum from time to time.

27. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I'm quite partial to that potential title as well. It seems fitting.

28. Bue

Bue New Member

Love how Scott really intensely tells Tessa "Awesome!" at the end of the gala. Could there be a more supportive partner than Scott?

Pani where have you read this? It is about time for the annual V/M thread "should they move coaches" debate ;)

29. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Well, I thought it looked fabulous, and was only more proof that Scott should never gel his hair again.

I love the costuming overall for this FD.

30. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I always thought that D/W were Igor's team and V/M were Marina's? If V/M win Worlds, perhaps it's Meryl and Charlie who might want to head to Novi.

The Shibs, OTOH, definitely need to get out of Canton.

Serious use of gel and other hair products should be left to true professionals. Like Takahashi.