Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

If they were at WCh 2011 in Moscow, they will be in London for sure.
    I am impressed with how strong this beautifull girl is :)
    I know, maybe all will be happy if they will retier, but i am happy she still compete and we all see Carmen and found Antony Hopkins waltz.

2. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

He was asking Mike Slipchuk to get them to move the camera away.

3. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

all i heard was him saying "mic... get out of here"

it was really disrespectful for the cameraman to get all up in their personal space

4. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Happy New Year, manhn and everyone else celebrating today!!!:cheer:

and congrats on your new grandson, puglover!

And Shayii, I understand. It is hard to ignore all the negativity sometimes. I just try to avoid it if I can because I know some people are just going to take cheap shots any chance they get. I kinda feel sorry for people who feel the need to do so. That said, I don't think Sinead meant anything against T&S and I tend to agree with her regarding the rule itself.

Yes, a big thank you to all of you for contributing and sharing news, opinions, pics, etc. I am so thankful for this thread.

And I am with you, ddtpdx, regarding interpretation and application of the rules.

I applaud Scott for doing that, because I find it in poor taste to film such moments. In figure skating, I still expect a certain decorum, no matter how $ is being paid to film. JMO, but the fans are usually tuning in to see the event, and I don't think people will stop watching because they don't have access to these moments. More importantly, Tessa was having difficulty breathing and was conferring with her coaches about an injury. She should have been given some privacy to do so.

I also want to (((Tessa and Scott))). I am so impressed with Tessa for showing such grit. And Scott was very sweet and tender with her...so nice to see. I just hope she is healthy and can enjoy worlds in her hometown.

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani I agree with you.
    I was so gutted when this happened. But in the last few weeks since I went away I have just told myself to enjoy anything we see of them as time is running out.

I at least hope to see them live in CSOI or other professional shows in Toronto but for those who cannot see them Live I feel very bad.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think now they need to get a lot off good vibes, to feel fans support ect. I know, they are not social-network guys, but i hope they feel (especially Tessa) our support and and love.
    Get well soon Tessa. No matter what we will alwayse support you and Scott :) Thanks you for all you gave to us during all this year!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  7. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada High Performance Director and Team Leader for 4CC's, was standing off to the side and he was the one that stopped the camera from moving any closer.

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I finally found the courage to watch the video and something was off before they even started to me. Tessa looked exhausted (I don't mean as in stamina, but something just wasn't right) at the beginning before they took their pose. It was very hard for me to watch everything that unfolded. Despite this setback I just love this program so much and even if it doesn't get them gold at Worlds, it's truly brilliant. I loved how supportive Scott is and how he just takes charge, how Oleg was also supportive and was helping Tessa with her skates once in the KnC, and finally how supportive the crowd was.

Also the fact that some thought they just wanted a breather is so crazy to me. That looked far from what was actually going on.

9. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Very nicely said, Pani. I hope they know their fans will always believe in them.

10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, crowd were amazing. They gave all flowers ro D-W, but get standing ovationa to T-S. And they was so quite when they stop skating. Amazinng audience. They know a lot about figure skating.

11. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I think it would be wonderful if there were some way to send love and encouragement to them. I want them to win, of course, but if they don't so what! They are incredible people who perform incredible programmes. Mistakes or no, I love to watch them more than any other skaters. I pray that she is healthy, and that if they can skate @ WCh, that they are recognized for their grit and determination. Way to go, Tess and Scott, we love you

12. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Did anyone notice for the kick segment that Tessa did a little hop instead of the usual steps? I wonder whether this was planned or whether she was feeling some discomfort still and revised the steps on the spot to minimize the pain.

13. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Did you see Nationals? I don't recall what they did here but that part had changed a bit at Nationals.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I was in such shock, that i didnt notice nothing. Only after some poeple said, i go to watch spin.
    I feel bad they need to re-moves so many original moves, because of rules and judges. But i am sure this muct be pay off if they asked guys to change something.

15. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Re: the steps into the kick...I just compared them to Nationals and they are different.
    I prefer the Nationals' version.
    I guess we will have to wait until Worlds.

16. Bournekraatzfan

agree with IoanaC, well said, pani. I think most, if not all of this thread community feels the same way.

Shayii, I felt the same way. I wonder if she was feeling a bit of tightness or just felt a bit off from the get go. Her body language suggested it to me, but of course I am just speculating.

I am glad they aren't really into social media so that such negativity doesn't reach them. I do hope, however, that the messages of support can be conveyed to them. and I agree, the crowd was wonderfully supportive. Tessa and Scott seemed to appreciate it.

wishing them all the best.

17. Bournekraatzfan

me too. and I was sad about the changes to the first part of the spin, but I am at least happy that they kept the ending, which was the most important part of it for me.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe some fans from Canada could contact SC and ask to tell T-S how there fans support them and wish get well soon to Tessa?

19. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Great thing is, even though I feel terrible for Tessa, IF they had skated clean & were able to do the program right through without the big stop time issue & leaving a lift out, I am sure they would have won today! Seems like they definitely only lost today because they had a huge problem & had to literally stop & start again.
    How much were they deducted ?

20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

They were not officially deducted. If they took a hit, it would be on the GOE of any elements that came after, and on PCS, particularly Performance/Execution.

21. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I know that I (and probably other fans too) prefer that they sacrifice a few gold medals in exchange for the innovation and creativity that is Carmen. I hope VM realize that. However, I'd understand if their program next year is a little more on the safe, comfortable side.

22. elle123

elle123 New Member

They actually didn't receive any deductions for the stoppage, which has caused some contention but I'm sure the PCS scores were affected by it.

I felt horribly for them, especially Tessa. I'm an optimist at heart, so I have to say I'm glad they finished the skate and Tessa is such a fighter. They are so blessed to have each other for support and encouragement and Scott can definitely write a book on how to be a great partner!

Does anyone have a link for the victory ceremony? I had to run out before the comp ended and wasn't able to watch live.

I, too, miss the old spin and especially the way he used to caress her face in the first position. Ugh, sometimes COP is really frustrating!

23. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

The links to the various skates and the medal ceremony was posted in the 4CC Ice Dance FD thread at GS by mao88. Here are the ceremony links copied here...

Part 1, Part 2

24. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Well you cannot tell me that stoppage did not affect the way they scored them though, no way they would have lost had they skated right through & perfectly like they have before.....:0

25. Fort

Fort New Member

Their marks would be affected in PCS only. As long as the stop doesn't interfere with the levels of a specific element, there is no affect on the TES/GOE, because those are based only elements. The referee, I believe, decides at what point the program may be restarted, and therefore, if an element will be considered as a part of the mark or not. PCS, however, marks performance, etc, which should be affected by a break in the program (though looking at the scores, it doesn't seem like it was exceptionally dinged). Now, VM only got level 3 on both their step sequences and a relatively low GOE on the diagonal (following the pause), while DW received a 4 on their diagonal, which would make, as we know from the SD, a big difference in TES scores. We'll never know if, had she been able to skate freely, if VM would have managed better with their step sequences.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They get lower perfomance PCS, Interpretation. Maybe transitions and SS - but i am not sure.

27. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

All of V/M's PCS scores were lower with the exception of choreo (but only by 0.04).

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I mean lower, then could be with clean skating. Perfomans and In were reflected the most i think.
    How do you think, if tTessa will skate in exibitions tommorow, it will be good thing for them?

29. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

If Tessa skates tomorrow, I'll feel quite relieved, yes. If it was cramps and she got a massage, she should be able to.

30. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

at this rate, we are gonna need a new thread and title ;)