Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

Yeah well these fans are probably like a group of 50 people. Tessa and Scott put more pressure on themselves than the Canadian media does.

I think Worlds is going to be very exciting tbh. The crowd reaction is going to be amazing, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I think we need to take a step back for a moment. People are blowing this way out of proportion and we don't even know what the problem is. If it was a serious injury, she probably wouldn't have skated the rest of the program.
    Lets wait and see before we jump to any conclusions. They won the short dance and were only 3 points back in the free. The gap is way smaller than it was at the GPF, and that was with T&S having to stop in the middle of the program!

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Bue

Bue Active Member

The entire Canadian figure skating audience :lol:

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

4. jenji124

jenji124 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. We have no reason to believe that her legs are the problem. They have skated this entire season so far and last season for that matter with no problems up until this point. As soon as they have an issue most want to blame her legs or them not telling the truth about being 100%. I don't think that is fair at all. The commentator said it was hot in the arena and if she was feeling sick that could have easily been the problem.

5. marikat

marikat Active Member

6. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Who is Lynn Rutherford?

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I say there will be a backlash (OFC not in London) because in head-to-head mash ups Davis and White have won, then in the very last one that just happens to be in Canada V/M win? No I don't see that happening even if they have an amazing skate.

:( noooo! Tessa

8. marikat

marikat Active Member

She's a journalist for icenetwork.

9. ceg15

ceg15 New Member

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Thanks.

11. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

12. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Poor Tessa. I just want to hug her now.

Maybe it's again my idiotic fantasies, but for me in that only press conference picture it looked like Tessa's eyes are a little bit red and she had cried.

Anyways, sending the best vibrations for them. :wuzrobbed

13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

And the backlash has started. Skaters are complaining on twitter about them not getting penalized. Lol seriously can this get any worse. If they decided to call it quits after this I will completely understand. Apparently Tessa and Scott just wanted a "breather."

14. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

Oh man,this is so depressing.I wish her all the best in the world.I hope they can have a few days rest and then focus on their preparation of WCH.

15. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I wouldn't blame them in the least either. Sometimes, you just need to walk away...

16. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Why do you care so much about what people are saying on twitter?

They weren't penalized because the rules don't allow for that. If some people want to make themselves look bad by showing their ignorance of the rules, let them.

If they want the rules to change in the future, then fine. The result will be less risky (and probably more recycled) lifts, because who wants to risk injury and then be penalized for it?

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It's not just anybody though, it's their fellow ice dancers.

18. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

at the rate this thread is going, we might need a new thread and title pretty soon. any ideas? something inspiring/hopeful for Worlds perhaps?

19. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

smh i thought sinead kerr was above that

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I don't have twitter. Did she post the same thing when it happened to the Shibs?

21. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Were these same skaters saying the same thing about Shibutani when this happened to him earlier in the season?

Btw, which skaters are saying this?

22. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like she's hating to me. It looks like she's questioning the rule.

23. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I just looked at her twitter page and didn't see much wrong with what she said. She was questioning the rules and why there was no deduction. Frankly, I agree with her and thought the same when it happened to the Shibs earlier. There should be a deduction.

24. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

It was Sinead Kerr and she said she found the rule to be wrong there, but what you fail to mention is that she said that she loves Tessa and Scott and she considers them one of the all time greats. I think you take Twitter way too seriously. I see no backlash from the skaters.

Also, what Rafter said.

25. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

If Tessa's leg cramps go away and she feels better, I would definitely expect them to compete at Worlds. I can't see them letting the Canadian audience down just because some skaters are complaining on twitter that V/M didn't get penalized.

26. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I can see them skating at Worlds because it's only a month away, but if it's the same problem she had before, I question if they'll be in Sochi.

To me she was really struggling. She wasn't even bowing like normal and seemed to need help getting onto the podium.

27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

IDK if they said the same thing when it happened to them, but IDK I just feel bad for T and S right now. It's Sinead Kerr and some other one (forgot her name). I'll miss them but if they retire I'll understand and everybody will be happy; Tessa doesn't have to deal with leg problems anymore and D/W will get Olympic gold.

28. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Man, I am so glad some of you weren't around in 2009.

29. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i dont remember :(
    but its amazing how when the shibs stop in the middle of a skate because of injury no one complains that they should get a deduction but when v/m do everyone complains

30. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

this season does feel like 2009 all over again, doesnt it?