Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I don't know how to comprehend this. I just can't believe something like this happened again. I still wasn't expecting a win, but I couldn't have imagined this even if someone had told me it would happen. I know everybody in here must be feeling as I am, so hugs all around. I'll try and go process this :(

2. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

And Scott after the stopping said "I can't do it."

So we don't know, it was Tessa's or Scott's fault.

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Yes, hugs to Tessa, who must be crushed right now. She looked extremely sad and was trying to contain her emotions out there.

4. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

No, it was Tessa and I think they both tried to get into it again, but then he told her no and then I think he kept saying: "It's okay, it's okay".

Love how Scott told the cameraman to go away.

5. Bue

Bue New Member

Yeah it is interesting. I thought they were doing really well before the stop. Seeing the two teams head to head really highlights how fantastic this program is and what incredibly refined skaters they are.

That is the one thing I didn't expect to happen today. I feel so devasated for them :(

6. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

It looked to me like Tessa was favouring her left leg.

Very curious to hear what they say in the press conference. Things were going well up to that point. The twizzles were amazing.

Her untying her skates/taking them off in the k&c reminded me of the 2009 season. :(

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

How are people reacting to this? Some fans are upset and disappointed in them and those are their fans! Ugh this sucks so bad (this is me starting to process it). Poor Tessa, and Scott too, I don't want to think about how they're feeling now. How are they going to handle Worlds? They're putting too much pressure and stress on themselves.

8. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

The Eurosport guy said that it was very warm in the arena. Once before, Tessa was sick before skating and said it was because the program was so challenging physically. I can see both playing a part.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you read USA twittes (Icenetwork, Sarah and Drew?

Sorry, but if somethinf like this happened with Meryl, i will never start talking about dedactions, score and referee - just will be upset for skaters.

10. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Who is disappointed in THEM? That's absurd. They're not robots, stuff like this happens even to the best. It's disappointing that they couldn't skate clean, because they might have won and it would have given them the needed advantage going into Worlds. I hope, though, that they can rebound from this. I trust them and their strength, as always.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think so too. And look, like Scott wish to continiue without this lift.
    Yes, i didnt saw her doing this with heer skates since 2009 :(
    Send good bibes to her. Maybe i need to send support message to SC.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  12. Sonata

Sonata Member

My reaction after watching the FD is that my respect for Tessa Virtue has gone through the roof!

Second, the suspense continues. They were beaten here, but they didn't skate to their potential. Getting over 112 is definitely realistic for them. If they're able to skate the way they can in London, it will be a nail biter for sure.

13. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Thinking about worlds too. Hometown = extra pressure, all the dangerous things in Carmen = More pressure. This is gonna be the hardest competition for them ever. Maybe not technically, but emotionally.
    If they will do all the best, I will take my hat off.
    Because they are stars.

14. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

And that is where our sentiments should be, upset for skaters. We should want ALL skaters to skate their best.

15. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Who is saying this? I haven't seen it on this board.

16. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

did scott mouth "it's okay, it's okay" or "im sorry i cant do it"? i thought he mouthed the former, and if it is, then it's with tessa.

17. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yeah, he starts doing the little choreo "run" after the music changes, like he's going to continue.

18. Skating678

Skating678 New Member

I've seen this as well especially on Twitter. I think that as London gets closer, there are a lot of Canadian skating fans that are basically preparing for failure. They think that Tessa and Scott wont be able to win with Carmen, that Patrick is doomed to lose, etc etc. There is just so much negativity right now.

Carmen is the type of program that people either love or hate. So there is a lot of pressure in that respect.

19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Werid - no news from press-confference...

20. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

oh god i knew something bad would happen :(

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I've contributed to some of the pessimism to be honest; I didn't think they would win, but I just wanted them to have great skates. This hometown Worlds is more stressful than exciting at this point. What do you guys think it going to happen now? I don't think they'll be at the gala.

22. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Granted, I live in Vancouver, but what pressure are Canadians putting on the skaters? The sports media is obsessing over who's gonna be part of the men's hockey team and completely ignoring skating. CBC is tape delaying 4CC. And I celebrated Chinese New Year and fell asleep.

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  23. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Feel upset for them, this is the not the way they wanted to head off into World's, but it's more concern than anything. You always think the worst and hopefully it's just a momentary thing that happened here with no long lasting physical effects. They seem to have had to deal with quite a few problems over the years, more than their fair share, so that strength of character they've developed will get them through this event.

That being said, apart from the "incident" their skating looked very good.

24. marikat

marikat Active Member

Yeah i don't think they'll skate tomorrow..
    I just wan't to hear what happened. Interesting that there are no reports from the press conference.

Oh and i'm going to miss the old spin :(

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I hope they do skate... if it was just a temporary problem, there is no reason for them not to skate. If they don't skate, that would mean she's seriously injured.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Maybe they weren't at the PC. What do you guys think maybe its Tessa's legs again. I never believed she was 100 percent like they were saying. And I don't think they're gonna win Worlds now and if they do expect a backlash, a big one.

27. marikat

marikat Active Member

28. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Why? We have no idea what the problem was. Cramp? Illness? She did throw up after Carmen at Skate Canada maybe she felt that was going to happen during the program, not what you want to be feeling during a lift where you will be upside down. Having a problem today doesn't mean they will have a problem just over a month from now. And if they do win worlds, it doesn't mean that what happened today was a fake or some sort of tactic.

29. jenji124

jenji124 Well-Known Member

:fragile: I hope its nothing too serious.

30. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

I sort of suspect it may be, given how quick the skates came off. They have also talked about before when she was having trouble, she would be in so much pain she wasn't able to breathe or skate.

I don't think we're going to have to worry about backlack from worlds because they are not going to win. It is not happening. The writing is on the wall, and honestly, it was on the wall after worlds last year was over with.