Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

2. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

the golden skate article is amazing for the quotes and insight

http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/02/virtue-and-moir-take-narrow-lead-at-2013-4ccs/

“It is exactly one year from today when the opening ceremonies (take place),” she acknowledged. “We talked about it a lot today, actually. It seems to be a common conversation for us these days, just looking ahead at probably our last year competing.”

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  3. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

hahaha:lol:
    I couldn't justify paying that amount for a water bottle, either, so I am hoping they will eventually sell it on its own as elle123 suggested. I hope your Patrick bottle isn't feeling lonely.

hehe, I sure do:)

Yes, I love the twizzles so much because they look like they are just part of the choreography. They work to further develop the program, and I love when an element does that.

And the steps are exquisite. They just have the most beautiful blades...:swoon: Their turns are soooooooooo clean and easy. They have performed footwork with incredible proficiency, and they blew me away with their diagonal in their FD last year, but this year they are at their best, imo. Just look at their back outside mohawk. The lobes are huge!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. You are all so knowledgeable, and I really have a new appreciation for their work after reading your comments. It's also cool to learn more about you all. I hope you continue to share your thoughts:)

Also, thank you Shayii, Corianna, rainbowkisses, and iggie for sharing info and links with us. I, too, am interested in hearing more of Nathalie's impressions from the event.

4. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Hello, any free dance streams?

5. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

P.S. Guess like Eurosport 2 isn't showing free dance. :(

6. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

7. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

8. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

OMG, WHAT HAPPENED?

9. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

:fragile:

They randomly stopped going into a lift. Shades of 2011 4CC. Scott mouthed I can't do this. Apparently because Tessa couldn't breathe. They were allowed to restart including doing the lift they missed, like the Shibs at CoR. Both parts of the program looked clean and sharp to my eye. They got 109 and D&W got 112.

10. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Poor Scott :(

For those, who didn't watch - Scott didn't lift Tessa at the Straight line lift (that who is with rotational in the middle).
    It looked a like just like Scott became scared before the lift, or, maybe it was an injury? Don't know.

11. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

It look a like, if they would did the lift, they would be first.

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Yeah, to me, it seemed like the problem was with Scott. I thought it might be the neck injury again. But the commentators think it's because Tessa couldn't breathe. She didn't look so out of breath to me that she couldn't skate. It's very confusing, I guess we'll get an interview soon.

13. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

They lost on TES mostly (52.73 vs. 54.94 for D&W), with the lift counting. The PCS were 56.47 (D&W got 57.74), close enough that I think they could've won the PCS without the interruption. The only mark they won was Choreography.

14. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I can't stay in the PBP any longer cause one particular poster has made 4 posts on nothing but how Tessa & Scott used this "trick" again and how Meryl & Charlie would never do such a thing. Pardon me while I roll my eyes.

When they showed the replay of them getting ready to do that lift and then they didn't, it looked like Scott said "I'm sorry". They both looked absolutely exhausted.

15. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

That wouldn't be the lift, that would likely be that they lost a level on something compared to Davis and White. Very scary to watch that program... cant seem to tell which skater had the problem but if either is off their game at all that is a physically demanding final minute!!! Proof how wonderful they are that that program did not end in a fall/someone getting hurt.

16. Judy

Judy New Member

They were definitely talking to each other prior to the lift and communicating whoever had the problem.

17. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I think it was a breathing problem.

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:( Why alwayse problems with this two? Will we know truth, what happened this time?
    To me look, like Tessa felt bad and she was doing something with her legs :( And Scott said to video operator - go away and they doing soemthing with Tessa.
    I am so sad now. With si=uch amazing talent they had such a bad luck.
    And lift was count, so they lose because of 1 SS and PCS - its understanding.
    Its not funny, but "Carmen" won CC first time in this season.

19. Golightly

I don't think it was her legs, Pani. It didn't look that way to me at least.

20. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Very disappointing this happened to them again. Curious to see a YouTube vid.

21. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Do you have any videos?

22. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Depressing they lost the Transition mark to Davis & White!

It'll be interesting to see what they say in the press conference and how Skate Canada spins this on their website.

23. Judy

Judy New Member

It wasn't obviously their best performance due to whatever happened but it was encouraging to see them finish. I find Davis and white's fd boring compared to their fd last year and especially compared to carmen.

24. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Took a look at the protocols and here's what I found:
    D/W began with a higher base as they got level 4 for everything but one element. V/M got two level 3s and hence lost 1.5 to D/W in that way.
    In the GOE column, D/W had higher marks in 6 of the 9 elements (which means, of course, that V/M had higher on 3), and had a .71 lead in GOE.
    There's a two mark differential.

The PCS is where I am again confused a bit. D/W had higher marks on 4 of the 5 categories with V/M only winning the CH and that only by .04 while D/W quite handily "won" over V/M in each of the other 4 categories. Is this where V/M likely got dinged for their stoppage? Perhaps not overtly but on some subconscious level? or are the judges just still madly in love with speed, speed, speed?

25. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

26. Golightly

I think it's reassuring that they continued. This tells me it wasn't an injury, they wouldn't have risked it.

27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It was the same in the SD. I really think the lack of refinement of D&W and how they don't really stretch and finish off their moves gives the judges the illusion there is more going on. In that case they will always beat out teams like V&M and P&B when from where I´m sitting those two do so much more.

28. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

It looked like she's going to cry in that medal ceremony :(

Maybe that's just for me, but...

29. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

I watched the ceremony and they seamed very sad.At one point,I thought Tessa is going to start to cry.:(

30. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Interesting that they didn't stay on the ice for a photo with Marina.

I think shes injured. I watched the medal ceremony and it seemed like he helped her up onto the podium with both arms. I could be wrong, but at 2:35 I think she says to him something like "you're going to have to lift me" (or help me). She seemed uncomfortable. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013