Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i miss the hug too
    but i always felt it kinda looked awkward

2. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

i felt like every single thing matched the music perfectly, twirls to twirling notes. playful changes of arm holds to playful changes of notes. such sophisticated romance to open the short dance. such joy in the yankee polka, i almost thought they liked it. ease, elegance, grace . . . everything worked. not saying nationals wasn't "glorious" but this was the first time - i - saw how glorious that program became since the gpf.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I love this edition of SD. ITA, iggie. Haven's seen this much joy on their faces in any previous performances of this SD. They are magnificent.

4. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

notice, i haven't touched the scores. i don't care. i am over-the-moon happy that i have that program to watch to my heart's content

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol. I have to say I was very happy to see how pleased they looked both during the performance and afterwards.

6. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

I thought Scott overdid the facial expressions a bit in this outing, but otherwise, I liked it. ;)

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

This was the best performance of the season so far for them. My God, the step sequence! I'm okay with them scratching the hug, it felt redundant. I like every change they made. Every single one. Who else tweaks their programs as much and as effectively as these two?

8. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I found it confusing at first, too, but it starts to make sense once you get used to it, I promise;) just to add to what has already been posted, the Ys and Ns tell us whether or not the team hit that key point (Y=yes, N=no). This way, we know which key point was missed in the case of a team that received lower than a level 4 on that section of the pattern.

agree. He has yet to find his groove with the polka, imo. Tessa was perfect, though, imo:)

Shayii, I can't decide which version of the SD I liked better! I think they were both amazing!

9. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

not sure if you can. btw, this is for Saturday, not sure if I mentioned that in the original post. remember to get there well before noon!

hehe. honestly, I was trying to find something to buy just so I could get the water bottle.

haha, I love it, though:)

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Can we avoid these types of comments?

11. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

btw is the fd tomorow? or sunday?
    cant wait for v/m to blow everything out of the water with their fd

12. Golightly

I agree.

Anyway, wasn't Tessa glorious today? It's kind of her dance and she owns it. I love their smiles during the peek-a-boo section. I loved the not-touching sequence, they were so close! I loved everything. Love the peek-a-boo theme is present throughout the program. They're programs are so intellectual, aren't they? There's always concept they explore and explore well. They truly study their dances, it's such a pleasure to watch a team that takes the time to study a program, to see which nuances need to be highlighted, e.g. the nose-touching, the peek-a-boo, her hands and free-leg extensions, all of his lines and postures. Sure, he might have overdone it a bit at times, but that's who he is and he wouldn't be the best male ice dancer in the world if didn't get so much into it. It's playful and so them. It's not even about characters, it's them showing off their strengths, which are infinite.

Watching it again, I actually liked the ending here better than at Nationals?

I think they're doing a ballet next season. I mean, god, they have too. It's all there.

13. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

It's a 6 am EST Sunday.

14. Proustable

Proustable New Member

A Swann-aided Black (Swan) Lake?

15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen this picture? It is my favorite V/M picture now, I mean just look at it! It's so beautiful and the way he's clutching her dress…faints. After talking to Misha and watching the SD vid again, I agree this was their best outing. At first I thought Nationals was better, then like BKF I couldn't decide, but now I think this version is just amazing!

16. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Nice pix, Shayii. Tess's costumes are always so gorgeous .. who makes them? Wish both of them all the best in the 4CC LP. It's gonna be nail biting for the gold.

17. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

Thanks :D Slowly, these seemingly random strings of letters and numbers are starting to be more clear.

I keep thinking about how they say that every movement has a purpose, even if the audience/fans don't see it. If that's the case, maybe the "rushed" ending is meant to be that way? I agree it looks too sudden, but I wonder if there's some meaning or reason behind it.

18. elle123

elle123 Member

I agree - in the end, the marks don't matter. It's how they (and we the fans) felt after they skated. I am in such awe of them. I don't know what I will do with myself once they retire.

19. Golightly

WORD. When they skate like this, I can honestly say that I don't care about scores or placement.

20. venja

venja New Member

I don't think that I've had this "wow" reaction for Virtue & Moir for a long time. I can't believe how much lighter they are on their feet, kind of in the leagues of Davis & White. This lightness, the autopilot mode (not thinking throughout the program), and not fighting the blade made them seem like they were just flying over the ice - something that I have been missing from them for a while.

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They were in Nice :)

:D Judges will gite to her one after her amazing FD :p

For shan/ To made thread more positive. I wish Meryl will look happy after FD and not be upset by Tessa, who isnt in her leage at all. This most beautifull woman in the World deserve more, then she get. Good luck Meryl, good luck Charlie - best ever! :)

Is this enough to stop you made Secret Sourse threads less negative after V-M beat D-W at least in one segment in one competition of the season? :lol:

:lol:Rafter, feel free and dont pay attention to D-W FSU police ;)

Must say iam very happy for Kevin today. Yes, maybe he isnt great skater, but he work so hard on this quads, he work so hard on his skating, so i am happy his time came at least.

And its so long untill FD :( ish all skater to show thgere best tomorrow.
    And wish V-M to show clean, free and emotional FD. And i will support them with all my passion. Good said, Sott - the most important to show season best skating an ddont pay attention on marks.

22. shan

shan Well-Known Member

First of all, this sentence makes no sense. I don't think commenting that something is negative makes a thread negative. Second of all I don't think it's helpful or appropriate to discuss the weight of skaters (whether it's too little or too much). Especially when the discussion is in such a mocking way. There are so many other things to talk about besides that issue. If you think speaking up for a particular skater makes me the police, so be it.

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Happy, you get my message. Its alwayse good, when people talking about something in open places :)
    Plus all we need to pay more attention to our words, then to teach other posters ;)
    Then who discuss the weight of your idol? :rolleyes:
    OK, i will read, what do you think about this in SS. Who will be faster to get there? :lol:

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

No one is trying to teach other posters anything. In fact you seem to be the one always telling people what to do and not to do. And no skater is my idol. Speaking up for a skater doesn't mean that I idolize them.

25. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Why is the competition not on any of my channels this weekend? I am in Canada & cannot find it on TSN or CTV or CBC? HELP!!

26. girlscouse62

CBC had rights for this event and they chose not to air until ?March. No idea why, but very disappointing, because can't find it on NBC either :eek:

27. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Ok just found that CBC will air the FCC Feb 23rd & 24th on CBC.....damn I wanted it this weekend.
    Guess NBC is not airing it live this weekend either then?

28. Lissa

Lissa New Member

LOL did D&W really get 118 points at their Nationals?? No way they got that, that is painfully obvious the judges were trying to inflate the scores then, that is a little ridiculous actually omg lol

29. girlscouse62

Yes. They skated superbly. Aren't marks usually elevated in all Nat's? Except, Tracy Wilson said, for T/S

30. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Elevated yes, to that ridiculous an extreme.......no!
    V&M did not even get near that for their Olympic Gold Medal performance, that was blatantly trying to tell the European judges for Worlds that D&W should be the winners lol