Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm in the States and it works for me. Is it not on YT yet?

Thanks for the report intentions.

2. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I had the same issue. Try this page, on the right side where all the clips are. If it worked for me, you should be able to see it too.

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Deleted Post

4. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

It does! Thank you!!!!

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Fantastic program! Scott was the revelation here.... he upped his game.... smoking hot and very expressive with the face/upper body. It's like, I know Tessa is going to destroy me, but I'm not going to make it easy. :lol: I love the way he pushes her away at 0:45, then goes right into grabbing her ass. :D He's more violent when he needs to be violent, more tender when he needs to be tender. And Tessa is scorching too, by the final footwork sequence, she just looks insane. :D

The Lysacek style slicked back hair needs to go, though. ;)

I had to rewind the choreo lift like 5 times. I still can't wrap my head around it - there's a lot going on! It's so complicated, does anyone know what level it would be if it were called? (I'd wondered about the last one too). As always, they make things harder on themselves. It would've been as effective without the flipping and twisting, but I love that they always challenge themselves and they deserve to be rewarded for it in PCS. It reminds me a little of the Temptation lift the way she is snaking around him, although the movements are different. I love how she struggles in Scott's arm, it looks til the very moment that he is going to have his way, then bam, at the end she wins the fight!

7. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

I had already placed a copy of this in the Canadian Nationals Free Dance thread. I did not place it in this thread as its my understanding that it is a breach of forum rules to post current competition videos and results in the Trash Can or the Great Skate Debate sections. Instead, they have to go in the K&C. Hence, strictly speaking this video (and others that were posted earlier from CN) should not be in this thread - unless the rules have changed? Admin, please clarify.

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Um, I don't know.

9. elle123

elle123 Member

For anyone who watched on TV, do you guys know what Scott said about Tessa at the end of the interview in the K&C? They were both laughing and Rob said after "Oh, Scott..." but I didn't catch it.

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I wasn't aware that was a rule. If it is, it hasn't been strictly enforced, because other fan threads in this section and many general discussion threads in GSD have links to current competition videos (like the country-specific skating threads and the Sandhu returning to competition thread). My understanding is that the admins don't want people starting discussion threads or doing play-by-play out here during a competition, because it wastes bandwith, but it seems to be accepted practice to discuss current events in the skater-specific threads with the accompanying posts of relevant videos, photos, articles, results, tweets, etc.

11. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Apologies - don't worry about it. The issue came up about 18 months ago in another thread. Hope admin can clarify.

Thanks for the info.

12. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Loved seeing Hallejuah live. So much better than watching on TV.

13. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

14. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I don't know, but that picture is dreamy.

15. elle123

elle123 Member

I'll be on the lookout for a cut cheek when I watch the gala on TSN next week ;)

It is odd that they showed Scott and Tessa and seeing how they were the only discipline that hadn't finished competition, I doubt any ice dancers were involved.

16. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

17. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Maybe Nam Nguyen beat up one of those pairs men. You can never be too sure about those little guys. They can be feisty. ;)

18. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

My mother and I were joking that it was Nam too! :)

19. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Home after an exciting day. Now re-living it via TV recordings.

Lost my internet connection at the rink just before the competition began. I am beginning to think they may shut down the service to avoid risk of people secretly streaming the event, or because it may interfere with the wireless TV cameras and/or other wireless services (like the SSID wireless I once saw called "judges upload"). Hmmmm, does anyone need a few scores changed?

The Choreo lift was better than what I saw at practices. There, I could not clearly see Tessa's legs around Scott (they were at the opposite end of the rink, with Scott's back to me, and other skaters moving across my view). I wasn't sure how the lift would fit into the story, but now it makes more sense.

20. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

21. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I love how Tessa and Scott set up Carmen. She's very feral.

I won't deny preferring the previous choreo-lift - very much in tune with the FD's portrait of power dynamics - but this one obviously flows better. Would've been fascinating to see this one on the backhalf of the opening curve lift, though.

The twizzles just happen with so little preparation it's rather astonishing.

Has Scott always covered his face with the final pose? Because it's one of those remarkable details (as if he can't believe Carmen has brought him so low and is ashamed) that just make this dance (like Scott holding his heart during the circ steps sequence). Also everything else going on, but seriously, this choreography is so layered and nuanced.

22. sequins

sequins Active Member

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics Dani and the review rvi5. I'm glad you guys got to see this live, wish I was so lucky. Anyways I seriously can't wait for 4CC to witness the continuous evolution of this masterpiece. And rainbow that picture…it looks like she's straddling him lol.

24. walei

walei Well-Known Member

Finally watched the FD. Holy smokes they were hot hot hot hot hot! Love the new choreo lift, it really continues the excitement and climax of their previous lift right to the end pose which was what lacked a little during their previous outings. The whole dance's flow was really well and streamlined, and have I mentioned that it's hot hot hot hot hot!!!?

Carmen is such a departure from their previous programs I am not sure how their Olympic FD is going to top it O_O...

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you all for reviews and videos! I am happy you enjoy this FD "live" and could see best skating during this season.
    They gave even more sex now. And i think now all elements work with with music really well.
    Still need to compare spin from GPF and Nationals.
    In protoclos from all events from this season it was - Sp (because they didnt change there foots). So for this spin ints 2 rotations in the same positions is enough. But in protoclos from Nationals its CoSp (its when couple change there feet during spin) so in CoSp they need to do full 3 rotations in every position. So what is truth? Did they change spin after GPF? I didnt see this.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did Scott said hi to Charlie and Meryl in K&C? :D

27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Good catch. I just looked the once and don't see any difference between the spins but yes, in all their other events it was called SP4 and here CoSP1. I don't see any change of foot in the spin at Nationals.

28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Couldn't pick out first name but thought second sounded like Charlotte.

29. marikat

marikat Active Member

Just watched it also and there definitely wasn't a change of foot.. Another scoring error?

30. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

That's what I´m wondering as well. Same spin yet only here it was called a CoSp. Adding that to the mistake with the choreography lift where most teams got a time deduction because whoever did the timing was using the wrong time limit. Makes you wonder how much experience some of the panel had. I know they have to pass tests and are not stupid but inexperience can lead to mistakes or they mistook the swinging of their legs as a change of foot because most teams are doing a CoSp? Too bad Marina didn't challenge it like Alaine Chartrands coach so we could know for certain.