Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

I just saw the Strombo segment on the atlantic CBC. The reason Patrick Chan was noted as a guest and not Tessa and Scott was because he was actually in the studio. They were filmed elsewhere, and presented a short segment somewhere along the lines of "Something you didn't know about Canada". They talked about an athlete who helped another pair of sailors in trouble instead of continuing the race. It was pretty scripted, and forced sounding, but it was still cute and funny :) They had playful jabs at each other, and I wonder if they came up with them or if they were told to say those things.

2. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Have a wonderful time seeing Stephane, Laura! I hope you and your mother have a safe trip:)

Also, happy new year Jess and all those celebrating this wkd! :cheer2:

3. sequins

sequins New Member

Yes I love George. He a great interviewer. He's actually made quite a name for himself and nabbed some pretty great guests for 'just a Canadian talk show' including Larry King, Hillary Clinton, Pink, LeBron James, Tom Cruise, and one of the first interviews with :yikes:Sarah Palin.

4. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

lost . . . were tessa and scott featured on strombo?

5. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

the Doc I referred to is going to be March 7, and March 8th on CBC's Doc Zone . So I was a month out.

6. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thanks for the info:)

can't wait to see 4CC this wkd and read all the comments from you all! like so many have said here previously, these programs are something special...I feel lucky just to watch them. and good luck to all the skaters! should be a great wkd of skating:)

7. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

off topic, but it's so strange seeing muchmusic vj's being all grown up and professional and on the cbc, ctv and all that jazz. i still remember danielle mcgimsie from ytv.

8. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

Not really. They were on it for a minute or two, and they were talking, but not about themselves. Though the host did say at the end of the clip that he'd love to have them in the studio.

9. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

What were the cute jabs they made towards each other? Also did you watch W/P's special? I hope somebody recorded it and puts it up on YT.

Also for those going to Worlds and might be looking for a special way to support Tessa and Scott, the Ilderton skating club have special sweatshirts that have their logo on it (and "believe" on the back). You can order one for $20 by contacting them--Alma has responded to a few people already.

10. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

They were talking about Olympic moments that people might remember, and Scott was like "And I'm sure Tessa remembers this..." followed by a clip of My Little Pony. And then Tessa said that something usually overshadows something else, "Like how I overshadow Scott" :p No, I didn't see their special because it was on at the same time as strombo, sorry!

11. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

? where is this from?

12. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

George Stroumboulopoulos. Looks like it was filmed when they were in Toronto for the CN Tower thing.

13. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

14. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

15. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

the archives may have the full interview tomorrow . . .

16. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

second flight for v/m. last flight for d/w. if you think skate position affects scores . . . assuming both skate fabulously, i feel like they'll hold back on v/m to see what d/w can do and once they've seen d/w (basically last), they're free to pile it on. but skating after g/p will only help . . . night and day.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?40082-2013-4CC-s-Ice-Dance-SD

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you, that sounds cute. Sending positive energy to Tess and Scott right now.

Misha I'm trying to be positive right now so I wouldn't say how I feel about the start orders lol.

18. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

as much as they want to say that they mark only what's on the ice right then, they're still comparing, if even for consistency. and if v/m and d/w are skating so far apart, then it becomes a problem. tessa and scott might as well skate first and d/w last for how logical this starting order is. i don't now think they'll lose the sd, but it's a disadvantage -- not just skating before d/w but being so far away that they're in another flight

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  19. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Aw BKF, seriously your attention to detail is amazing! Very sweet, thank you.

20. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

IIRC didn't Tess /Scott dance in a previous group to M/C at 2011 Worlds SD. I thought I remembered them being marked higher at that event in SD.?? Or could have been 4C's.

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. But they drew the number themselves so it's just bad luck. But it's all good.

Ofdarkness, the W/P video is posted in their thread :)

22. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

George Strombo is a seriously talented, wickedly smart media personality (his radio show is off the hooks too) and some of his interviews are top of the heap because he actually listens actively to his guests and reacts to the moment. Looking forward to seeing the Patrick/VM interview.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  23. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

alternatively, being surrounded by such low ranked teams can make judges appreciate v/m that much more :slinkaway no? ok, no. anyway, 2011 was a long time ago, things have changed . . . i'm not saying that they're guaranteed to lose the sd with this draw, but it's not the best.

24. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

what if they HAD picked first and d/w last? jeez, stick with world rankings and figure something else out for those who don't have rankings. you want to group teams together who have the same talent.

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I agree!

26. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

27. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

:)

overall though. i'm pretty mellow. i still haven't decided if i think they'll win or lose, but neither is a big deal to me. maybe i've just been a fan for too long and i just take everything in stride.

28. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Don't wish falls on other people. It's bad karma.

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I can't believe she was serious with that. I would never want my team to win because others fell or made other major mistakes. I don't think it's funny at all. I hope the comment is deleted.

30. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i never wished that on them im just saying that its possible. anything is possible *shrug*

also if im creating bad karma for v/m, then d/w must have alot of bad karma considering their stans always flat out wish for v/m to fall