Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. elle123

elle123 New Member

I'm sorry, can someone tell me what's the story with Dostatni? I'm not familiar with why that's bad for T/S...

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Nothing special. Just very low levels at SC.

3. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

He's poltically aligned with Igor.

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Ok can somebody tell me? Does this Dostatni guy have it out for them and for what reasons. The start order pretty much seals the deal (I'm so sorry because I know how negative it sounds). And I have decided not to watch live. Somebody just PM me how bad it is after it's over.

Just saw your post gerbil. This politics thing is going to drive me crazy. After T/S retire I don't think I'll be watching skating much. Nobody, and I mean nobody, should be getting an advantage (or disadvantage) just because of politics.

5. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

:wall:

whatever im still watching it live (its at 11:30pm est right?)

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Dont be sad. I am not sure SD will be shown "live".

7. Marta24

Marta24 Member

I am also worried,that Gilles Vandenbroeck is on the technical panel.At the GPF 2011 he gave level 4`s to the teams as if it were free candys.It was also the competition where Davis/White set the new world record in the SD.

8. Marta24

Marta24 Member

After P/B and W/P being injured.P/I and H/D missing the World and 4cc teams,I really need something to cheer me up and I hoped a win from V/M could do that,but now I am pessimistic.:(

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Could you imaging how thshard for skaters if you see judges and understand, they will not give you gold?
    But T-S didnt want to miss this competition 9like Patrick, for example, who had big chance to lose in Japon to Japonies skaters).

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sigh…
    Maybe Gilles will counteract whatever Dostatni does lol. IDK I feel like those of us who are being pessimistic are starting to inflict others. But I feel we're just trying the best to prepare ourselves for a not so great outcome.

11. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I think they can win because they are Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir. That is all.

12. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Just a little reminder here that when V&M were winning all the time other people were saying it's because Dostatni was in Igor's pocket. I found that insulting to V&M so won't go that way. My response was always there are three parts of the panel. There is only one TS that I have issue with and that is because they have verbally, publicly expressed a preference to D&W and that is Judy Blume. I think you just have to assume panels and judges are fair unless they publicly show they have a bias. Obviously they are human and have biases or preferences for certain styles just like the rest of us but if we constantly suspect them of no good and start crying unfairness before an event there really is no point to follow this sport because this is the way the sport works. It´s like banging your head against the wall and why would anyone want to keep doing that.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Could we send positive vibes to Tessa and Scott for SD? i wish wake up and enjoy the best SD from them in this season :hat1:

14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I guess I was thinking "make oneself sick" as in fingers down the throat... if you just mean making oneself sick by stressing out, that's totally different, I agree.

15. elle123

elle123 New Member

Yes! Go Tessa and Scott (and Anthony Hopkins for composing such a lovely piece of music!) :)

16. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

Yay. Scott and Tessa. Can't wait to see the programs.

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Go Tessa and Scott go!!! I hope you have an out of this world skate!

In other words I just saw that they are going to be on strombo with Patrick. Anybody know anything about this?

18. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Not Strombo, but there's a special - Ice , Sweat and Tears, or some such, just after.

19. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

20. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Well, first of all, I'm wrong about when the special is- not tonight certainly, but I did see somewhere that it has been made. And as for Strombo, they aren't listed on his site, just Patrick. It would be nice if they were on, so I hope you're right.

21. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Geez, guys. A bit of positive attitude can't hurt. I hope they skate awesome and are happy with their programs.

22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks! There was also this tweet from strombo https://mobile.twitter.com/strombodotcom/status/299569829701120001

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What is strombo?

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

A person? A tv/talk show? Lol I don't know. Hopefully somebody in Canada can help us.

25. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

George Stroumboulopoulos right?

26. bonmil

bonmil Member

Yes, a Canadian talk show host.

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Never heard of him but yeah after googling it must be. I guess it's like Larry King or Piers Morgan in the US?

28. bonmil

bonmil Member

Yes, he used to be a VJ with Much Music, that's how he got started. He was on late night, 11:30 but moved to prime time in the last year or two.

29. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Good luck to Tessa and Scott in the SD! And also FD. Unfortunately (or not :)) I won't be able to watch it, as I am flying to Stockholm Sunday morning. And, most likely, I won't even know the final result until I return on Wednesday, since I don't have any kind of portable computer (incredibly old fashioned, I know), and even though there will most likely be an internet access in the hotel and other places, I think I will be too busy to use it. I would if I was alone, but I am going with my mother, and we have pretty huge plans for those (not full) three days in Stockholm. And I can't even be too sad, as this is the first time when I will see my all time favorite skater and such a figure skating show live. Still, even now I somewhat regret not being able to watch the 4CC's FD sooner.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  30. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Not at all like Larry King or Piers Morgan. He's young, hip, funny, talks really fast and manages to ask interesting questions.