Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Fort

Fort New Member

Well, she's always wearing tights with the dress, or leggings with her practice outfits, so there's always a layer of clothing, regardless. And while I think it's more a matter of... intent and perception rather than dress vs. leg, it also depends on the day and the quirks of the skirt (this is from Skate Canada):
    http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Orelse/SC2012/?action=view&current=IMG_3002.jpg

2. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

ITA.

Now if it weren't so cold on the ice (and yeah sure, blades on ice creates some challenges...) maybe we could get even closer to the National Ballet's Carmen production. ;)
    http://national.ballet.ca/performances/season1213/carmen/

3. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Maybe they will save that for London ;)

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind see Scott skate around shirtless

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

6. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

hes still touching her leg though
    just not her exposed leg ;)

anyways v/m and their programs are an acquired taste
    if people dont like them they need to acquire some taste ;) :lol:

7. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

This comment made me giggle out loud!

8. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

anyone planning on seeing the national ballet's carmen?

9. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

^
    You bet! :)

I used to have a season subscription, but when they moved to the Four Seasons Centre the prices went up significantly, so rather than renewing the subscription I attend the productions that really capture my interest most.

10. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

i'm feeling like going too. i think i'd take it over soi ... when i researched the different ballet carmens, this was the choreography that impressed me. it'd be a treat to see it. but that's just me thinking out loud. still haven't decided on either one.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  11. Daniskates93

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  12. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

thank you so much Dani, your photographs are always so wonderful. I truly appreciate your art :fan:

13. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Four Continents is this week, right? I am so lost lately.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. Ice dance will be on Friday and Sunday.

Thank you so much Dani :)

15. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting your photos! Seeing the SD as a series of stills is spectacular! You can really see the attention to detail and the way every move is beautifully finished. Tessa especially, is incredible.

At the beginning of the season, this SD was not one of my favorites. Now, it is. I love the way they skate this program.

16. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I am finally back in town but havent had the time to catch up with skating. Looking forward to seeing the videos of nationals and hopefully FC live

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone posts any links on the 4CC threads. There's usually something some kind soul manages to find and post :)

18. whoa

whoa Member

Fantabulous photos! Thank you.
    They have no bad angles, and these look like they weren't even from the judges' side!

19. Daniskates93

They were from the judge's side, but quite far over to the right & there was a TV guy blocking part of the rink at my angle. :)

20. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I'm in BC and I just spent the last 1/2 hour searching my TV guide and I cannot find any scheduled time for figure skating this week. Anyone on west coast have any ideas, please, please HELP!! The thought of missing this event causing great consternation :eek: :confused:

21. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

I'm in Ontario, and can't find anything this week either. It appears CBC doesn't intend to broadcast 4CC until later in the month. Below is their schedule as per the CBC website. Still, I will be watching the TV listing in case something changes...

CBCSPORTS.CA
    Sat Feb 23 4:00 PM EST Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
    Sun Feb 24 2:00 PM EST Four Continents- Women's and Dance

CBC TELEVISION
    Sat Feb 23 4:00 PM EST Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
    Sun Feb 24 3:00 PM EST Four Continents (LOCAL)

CBC BOLD
    Thu Feb 28 12:00 AM EST Four Continents
    Fri Mar 11 2:00 AM EST Four Continents

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  22. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

23. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

If you check TV Alerts on the other part of this site, you'll find that you could subscribe to Eurosport if you want to see if live- in the middle of the night. If there are other options, they'll likely show up in that forum. therwise, You Tube should have the video of most skates fairly quickly. I find the easiest place to access them is National Figure Skating Examiner.

24. marikat

marikat Active Member

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Looking forward to that documentary. Reminds me of one a few years back (I think before the Torino Games), which featured, among others, Jeffrey Buttle and Leslie Hawker.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for these pictures Danielle! Amazing as always.
    This will be interesting. So we will get to see the interactions in Canton and how everything works. I am imploring that a kind Canadian please put this on YT so outsiders can see it too! Pretty please.

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks you! Cant wait to see this movie. Its interesting, when movie was made? I mean they did it during last season or we could see how tehy worked on "Carmen"& ;) But in any case this will be great to see.

And yes, if you want to see 4CC "live" - you could do this on Eurosport 2 (British, German). On Russian you could see all and only FD will not be shown.

28. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

The article mentions Ice, Sweat, and Tears was filmed during the 2011-2012 season. Tessa & Scott would have been working on Funny Face.

With "Ice, Sweat, and Tears" in early March and Worlds later in the month, it would appear they may be planning to make March Figure Skating month. Perhaps that is part of the reason they have delayed broadcasting 4CC. They will be bombarding the Canadian public with Figure Skating during that time period. A prelude to Worlds (cashing-in on the Worlds build-up).

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Isnt this look werid? All who want to see 4CC will made it in internet. Who will watch 4CC later in this mounth?
    :( I wish to see more from this season. But its OK - better this, then nothing :D

30. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Marikat. I've marked it on my calendar and can't wait to watch. I hope that and showing 4CC's sparks some needed interest and respect for the sport here in Canada (and wins over some new fans). I've always maintained that these figure skaters are the best trained of any, including triatheletes :). I'm looking forward to seeing that.