Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Yes. It's scheduled for the odd years; they went ahead with 2012 because of the tsunami cancelling the first and the requirement that there be more test events for the Olympics, I believe.

It depends. If D/W win, the retire (maybe after Tokyo). If they lose, they think about not retiring but will be overtaken by other teams.

I think Worlds will tell the tale. If any team is within ten points by the end of the competition, they can be overtaken next year.

2. m_chenning

m_chenning Member

3. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I never minded the gelled hair in their Latin-style dances (Assassin's Tango, the Latin FD, etc.) but I really didn't like it with Carmen. :p

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. So is it in Japan again and where did you guys get this info? I didn't see it on the ISU website.

ETA: Why would they need to increase the contrast between Carmen and the WGO? I mean the programs are as different as can be.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. Proustable

Proustable New Member

The ISU's sidebar only list the next five Championships. Here's the announcement PDF

It's April 11-14

It's in Japan because that's the only nation willing to foot the bill/prize money.

6. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you again. After last season I'm kinda hoping Tessa and Scott skip it this year, but then I definitely wouldn't mind getting to see them one more time before the season is over.

These two montages I think really capture the essence of Carmen (the second one is done by Maritza): "You know I Like it Rough" and Stripped

7. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

wtt always felt more like a giant exhibition instead of a competition to me i hope sc doesnt pressure them to go

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you :) Love this montages - so emotional. :swoon:

9. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Bite your tongues! V/M are retiring in 13 months. We don't have that many more opportunities to see them compete, so we don't need to be wishing any of those away. I'm aware of the fact that the WTT is cheesy and it didn't go smoothly last year, but I'd still rather see them there again this year than skip it.

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Right!!! I'm grateful that I have been able to see this remarkable team a few times in competition live, and many times on TV. My best GF, passed on before she ever got the chance, and what a career she missed. She would have loved them as much as I do as skaters. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing them at Worlds and SOI this year, perhaps the last time at Canadians next year. Thank goodness, I have a boyfriend who likes skating and will go to the competitions with me. However it turns out at Worlds this year, I feel fortunate.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:) Yes, you are lucky.
    And i am happy i saw them "live" 5 times and three of them at WCh :) I didnt have a chance to see my favorite skaters so many times before. So i am grateful for this.
    And its not often mens loves FS. You are lucky :D

12. rainbowkisses

i just want them to be healthy for the olympics and last year it was evident that they were so tired after worlds. if they are tired, they shouldnt go.

13. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

The WTT is in early April. The Olympics aren't until next February. I don't think going to the WTT will affect their health for the Games at all. They're not made out of porcelain. They're athletes and they're tough.

ETA: It's also good practice for the team competetion in Sochi. I know the team competetion isn't as important to them as the invidivudal one, but they are very competetive people, and I'm sure they'd love the chance to help Canada win the gold medal there.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Want to let you know, you could download SD and FD from Nationals in high quality on fsvis.net :)

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will be at WTT no matter what and I'll be happy to see them one more time. IDK Gerbil after last season it was obvious they didn't wanna be there. And they were basically crucified (well the whole Team Canada) for not being animated enough. Then the whole "I hate this event" thing happened (lol which is making me laugh right now thinking back on it). Anyways I need to find a way to get myself to Skate Canada or Nationals next year.

16. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

edited post. :)

17. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

It was nice to see Carol Lane and Piper Gilles standing and clapping in the K&C as V/M were being announced at the beginning of the free dance..

18. intentions

intentions New Member

19. flowerpower

:confused: That was not a negative, snark or whatever. I watched the high-res version and noticed it for the first time, and saw it as a positive show of support and respect among competitors.

20. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

It won't affect their health but it will affect their preparation time for the Olympics. The Olympics are already a month or so earlier than the time in the season when they normally peak (worlds), so I think they need all the preparation time they can get. I don't think they should go. I hope they don't.

21. flowerpower

SOI starts April 19. With WTT just a few days before that, would they be able to appear in SOI if they chose not to do WTT? (Not sure if there's a blocked period during which they can't do shows, in that circumstance.)

22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Aren't skaters apparently pressured to go though. I thought that's what happened last year. Anyways I'm not sure what the point of this video is except to tell us Worlds is in London, Ontario from March 11-17, but I did notice in the inscription that it says Canada has two favorites out of the four disciplines. It got me thinking about the amount of pressure that Tessa and Scott (and Patrick) will be facing come March. I hope they will be able to handle it and I'm going to channel iggie and hope they get in their "bubble" circa 2010.

How long is SOI? Maybe they wouldn't take a 2 week vacation this year lol. But they're not going to do the Ex like they did last year I'm presuming.

23. flowerpower

SOI is April 19 through May 10. If they didn't do WTT, maybe they could take vacation before SOI. But like you say, they may not have a choice. The WTT rules, at least in the past, strongly pressured the top teams to compete. Not sure what this year's rules say.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you notice they show W-P after G-P FD? They didnt look happy with Piper and paul score :(
    Sad, they didnt show them after V-M FD :D And nobody upload Carmen fluff in high quality :(
    And videos from USA Nationals are in HD. I dowmload only K-G_S FD.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They will go, because if not, they coudnt skate in shows untill May 1 or something like this. Maybe after WCh they will start working on new programs?

26. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

27. rainbowkisses

28. tut88

tut88 Member

no one knows what WP were saying so I won't assume nothing
    ;)
    WP always talk very highly of Tessa and Scott.
    Smart kids ! ;)

29. rainbowkisses

i love how v/m's funny face fd is the first thing that comes out when you search for ice dance on youtube :lol:

30. tut88

tut88 Member

Wtt is from 11-14 and SOI start at 19 ??? isn't this too close ?