Virtue/Moir #24: We Like it Hot

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Proustable, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Some comments they gave from TSN

2. martyross

martyross New Member

thanks! interesting quotes from Scott (:)

3. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i rewatched the fd on tsn and they werent slow as i thought

4. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Levels and deductions aside I thought it was by far their best performance to date. LOVE the new ending. The program goes by too fast, I found myself wanting more.

5. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this side of Tessa before. She's always gorgeous to watch but in this dance, she really rises to a different level. I try not to gush, but with this performance, it's difficult not to.

6. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

On a side note Marina looked rather subdued this whole weekend. Not as colourful and animated as I'm used to seeing. Hope she's not a victim to the flu and selfishly hoping if she is she doesn't infect Scott and Tessa ;)

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Were on TSN did you watch it? I just looked for the FD video, but it's not showing up for me on the TSN page.

Anyway, I was a bit worried about the results, so, great to read that they actually were so good :).

8. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I'm relieved too! Can't wait to see the performance. (I think our Canadian fellow posters have seen it on TV, not online.)

9. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I just finished watching....There were some minor changes I thought (a little fiercer from Tessa, I think) with some of the head and arm movements, and I loved the ending lift. As usual, a treat to watch that kind of excellence. I'm glad they can easily fix what went wrong......which certainly was not really glaring (or even really visable) to most.

10. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i watched it on tv

idk about you guys but tsn's coverage wasnt that great :/

11. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

In that same article, Scott mentions he felt the program was already showing growth and that he feels that was an awesome skate for them. So, as long as they feel this way, I am happy. I trust them and no one is a better judge of their performance than themselves. Remember last year, when Scott said at one of the K&C: "Good. I know what to do." I have that same feeling right now. They know this program is evolving like they wanted to. Also, if you do not consider the level 1 on the spin, which is kind of odd and I doubt to see it happen again; the level 2 on the first part of the lift, which has always been a level 4; and the deductions, the score is HUGE. I am optimistic.

12. lauravvv

Oh, thank you for pointing out the obvious to me :shuffle: - I guess my brain has stopped functioning properly from my impatience :D.

13. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I thought I'd bring over Puglover's comment from the previous thread, because it's great.:)

14. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

It really wasn't. I hope there'll be more (and better) coverage for Worlds.

On another note, I loved their changes, even though the choreographic lift went by so fast that it barely registered. Also, idk if anyone feels it, but it seems to me like Tessa's facial expression at the very end is different every time. More relieved this time.

Also, Scott's "It's not Carmen without the blood" haha :D

15. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Thanks puglover, your review is so visceral I'm there with you! Even though I have yet to see the program :D And I really appreciate sharing a mutual enjoyment for Tessa and Scott's skating, so thanks to all the positive posts. Also, so glad you picked this thread title! Am so excited to see the program, soon...soon!

16. marikat

marikat Active Member

17. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

18. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Yegads, I LOVE the new ending, how is it possible that she's looks spastic and as though in flames, and elegant and dancerly (what's a good word?!) at the same time? Creative minds...the staccato shake of her shoulders goes perfectly with the music. And I don't know if this was particular to this performance or a new detail, but it seems as though Scott took one extra weighty breath before collapsing into Tessa and that just killed it for me. Amazed.

19. sequins

sequins New Member

Agree with everything you said. It was a fantastic performance. I was disappointed they changed the ending but I LOVE the new one I must say HOT HOT HOT! And the 'kick thingy' I said they should junk much better. I saw a few areas they could improve, as did the judges obviously but what's with all the panic? It's Nationals calm down they won anyway. You don't want perfect too soon and I'm glad that gone are the days when they over inflate your ego at Nationals handing out 6.0's left and right only to have a rude awakening internationally. The judges are doing them a favour whether they, or we know it or not. It's so close to perfection but today was :swoon: and the SD:swoon: together, it was a beautiful thing.

Paul/Islam:(crushing. I feel so bad for them that FD was wonderful and I felt could've beaten G/P whom I really didn't enjoy at all. Can these kids catch a break? Hope W/P can compete at Worlds.
    Also pairs free skate unbelievable!

20. Proustable

Proustable New Member

1. I see why they lost the level on the lift: she didn't get into position quickly enough. It was tight, but noticeable. And frankly, if they got deducted for the first lift, I wouldn't be surprised.

2. Sweet jesus, that choreo lift entry is easier? Anyway, it's definitely steamy.

3. I think the second footwork sequence worked better here than it did at the GPF, or maybe it was the camera angles, but the balance between precision and madness that I loved about the mach one version is here.

4. They really sold the tenderness alongside the carnality.

21. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I loved it too! Not much more to add about it that hasn't been said!!!

As for Paul/Islam, I was sad too. I loved that FD. I really didn't like G/P's free at all but with the mistakes by P/I, they really couldn't do better.

The skating this year in all the disciplines was pretty great!!

22. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I know, maybe the person who tweeted is was easier meant it flows better. I am so thrilled they changed the ending. I knew they could come up with something just as good or better and we definitely got better here. It keeps the flow and excitement started with the preceding lift and raises it a notch. I keep watching it on replay with a smile on my face.

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't even know what to say that was almost perfect to me. I LOVE the new ending, even more than the old one. Like Tracy I too thought they dropped out of that lift where Tessa is upside down, early. Other than that it was amazing! When they do finally skate this program perfectly, I hope to God they get rewarded for it because it truly is stunning!

Was the video shaky towards the end for anyone else?

24. sequins

sequins New Member

Exactly. It was noticable so why the freak out over them being deducted? It's an easy fix and of course the spin was quite slow and Tracy said maybe not all the required rotations? Again easy fix. Enjoy the performance, as I just did again, it was a beauty!

25. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

They definitely lost the levels (Proustable stated the reason) and got the time deduction for the combo lift. I think the other prolonged lift was the spectacular final one. It seemed to go on just a second or two longer that it should have. No idea what they did wrong in the spin... The ending looked a tiny bit shaky from Scott, but level 1...
    I love the changes in the music and choreo at the end of the "tender" part, into the "crazy" part.:) The ending is great and the whole performance flowed better than ever.
    (If I were to nitpick, I'd say I'm not really in love with the second SS... It's intricate, but I prefered the original one.)

26. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I thought Tessa and Scott were the most expressive and "all in" emotionally than ever before and contributed to the tremendous intensity that drew you in and almost made you hold your breath until it was over. Despite the deductions, it was breathtaking. I didn't get the level 1 on the spin though.

27. Judy

Judy New Member

That was an awesome FD for January .. so crisp, exciting and absolutely mesmerizing .. can hardly wait to see it at 4CC but especially at worlds where I'll get to see Carmen and them live for the first time!

28. intentions

intentions New Member

I saw both the SD and FD live and both were amazing. Love the fixes in the SD since the GP and their performance totally drew me in.

I was really looking forward to seeing the FD live. I can't say enough about it. It was stunning!!! Now that they have smoothed out the SD, I am sure they will turn their attention to Carmen. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how they improve the dance, because already, this Carmen is a dance I did not want to end.

It really is dancing at it's finest, when you forget they are on skates!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

The link says it's available in Canada only. :wuzrobbed

Thank you for all the reports though!

30. lauravvv

Thank you!

Oh, my - I have to say - if I thought that it was a fine piece of art before, then now, with the added speed, flow, the new ending, and even more expression, it's even more so. Before, the not so huge flaws (especially the lack of speed and ease in some places) didn't let me to perceive this piece of art fully, but the small flaws that are left now (the problems with the lifts and spin) don't hinder me from perceiving it at all. About the ending - yes, the previous lift was great and beautiful, but it looked even too difficult (which is not a good thing, as we know, because there can only be two ways - either everything looks easy, although it's not, or it it does look difficult, but at the same time you think: "amazing how easily they do this"). Now this looks difficult and easy at the same time. And also oh so very hot :smokin: + I like that shoulder shake from Tessa so much (that is hot too).