Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

Someone at work said that Tessa is fatter than she used to be .. another co-worker quickly said "if Tessa is fat, the rest of us are mountainous".

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't usually go to golden skate cuz the little experience I had there, it was anti Tessa and Scott. And they go overboard in their censorship, always deleting your posts and what not. Anyways the idea that Tessa is fat is just so crazy to me that it makes me want to bitch slap those that say that (sorry if I'm offending anybody, but not really).

Is there a video of Hallelujah?

ETA: Just saw your post Alixana, but I agree with your second co-worker. IMO Tessa was not a healthy weight at the Olympics she was way too thin. I don't know why that was, it could have been stress and pressure of having to deal with her legs and skating at a home Olympics. I think she looks amazing and slim now and looks healthy. People that think she's fat should kindly post their pictures so we can judge their weight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

what the eff is up with these body shaming assholes

maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  4. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you!

6. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

if tessa is fat as they say, what to make now of meryl? is she now the paragon of slimness or even healthy weight for that matter?

i do have to say that tessa doesnt look as slight as she was in 2010 olys--she does look fuller on her shoulders now than at that time--but she's still at a healthy weight to me and toned enough for the requirements of the sport. i envy her physique more than i do meryl's. im afraid though that she might return to that 2010 frame for the next year's OG.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

If you are so angry that people are commenting on Tessa's appearance, why would you drag Meryl into it? What does that achieve?

8. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I too think she was too thin and looks great now. I was trying to be polite :) but context was co-worker calling Tessa a "porker" .. needless it say, it was pot calling kettle black. I personally would love to be as "fat" as Tessa! :lol:

9. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

who else will people be basing tessa's appearance on, given that v/m and d/w are the top two in rankings? and do you really think meryl is in such a healthy weight now?

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:huh: You think people are calling Tessa "fat" because Meryl is thinner? That is ridiculous. And I stay away from commenting on anyone's weight. It seems safer, less offensive that way.

11. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

oh yeah, sorry for offending you and your precious meryl. people that attack v/m are more likely d/w fans

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Porker? Really now, that's just sad :(. Also she's gained a lot of muscle mass, we all noticed it at 2011 Worlds especially, she's not as buff as she was at that Worlds though. She's found a nice balance IMO.

13. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

IMO, Tessa not being as slight as she was during the 2010 Olympics is a VERY good thing. I thought she was too thin there. I've seen pictures where you can count her ribs, and that's not good. Her size in 2010 was an improvement over early 2009 though, where she looked just plain frail and unhealthy.

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't think Meryl deserves to be the target of your anger because people (no D/W fans that I know) on another message board called Tessa "fat" (which is ridiculous). That's all I'm trying to say, there is no need to be rude.

15. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

sorry, but like i said, people that throw crazy statements like that at v/m are more than likely to be d/w fans. and if those very people call tessa fat, then there's something unhealthy about it all, not to mention nasty and ill-directed. granted, america is on an obesity trend, but impressionable women/girls can take this really seriously and draw on unhealthy conclusions.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  16. volero

volero New Member

No, Vasilisa said about Tessa:"OMG, she is so cool!" ;)

17. iNap

iNap Active Member

It was #1 D-W fan who call VM havvy. But Marina who make truble first. ;)

These all start because Marina like good chocolates. Tessa get lot off free lindt choclates and not give them to Marina. :D

18. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

aha! maybe i should get me some of those chocolates so i can be as "fat" or "heavy" as tessa ;)

19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I am slowly coming out of my depression... I went through all the phases... shock, anger, hurt and now anger again.

For me its chips and not chocolates and especially the kettle fried variety that remind me of home made.

But to say what I said before - let us enjoy them while we can.

I saw you, Pani. You were the lady in the green jacket, no the red one.... ok maybe the blue one .. fess up!!

20. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

That's so sweet! Thanks for the translation.

21. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

It's rude to discuss anyone's weight. Be it Tessa's, Meryl's or anyone's. Those who call her fat are spiteful people. We know Aunt Joyce spread this whole thing. She/he has called Tessa fat and people took it from there. Now, all of sudden, Scott can't even carry her. Yet they have the best lifts in the business, poor Scott, maybe he should play the Hunchback instead!

22. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

indeed! maybe next year when marina decides to switch the FDs between the teams eh? hehehe

23. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

wait what? i thought charlie was playing Esmeralda ;) lol jk :lol:

24. Judy

Judy New Member

None of them are overweight or underweight .. Meryl is very small boned but Tessa has not gained weight. She likely has filled out a bit with age and if you look closely at her arms and back/legs she is all muscle. I would say the same for Scott and Charlie I'm sure.

25. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

26. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Probably because there's no time to choreograph something like that. Competitive programs these days are so complicated that there's little time left to spend choreographing a spectacular ex.

27. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

28. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i agree with what someone said about them trying to be creative at pros. i think with the pro circuit (or whatever's left of it anyway) is just largely ice shows aimed mostly at holidays like christmas and new year's. so the programs have to be as crowd friendly and accessible as possible. v/m might try to be a little showy with their lifts, but choreography wise, i dont think so, especially since the shows will try to sell them as the romantic dance couple. and that kind of picture will limit them to mahler/UoC kind of programs, nothing too esoteric as some would describe it.

29. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Or have them post pictures of themselves so we can see how in shape they are...

30. Sandypaws04

Sandypaws04 New Member

Meryl was in the process of dropping down out of a lift in this photo and the photographer caught the second that she was in this position and this can't really be compared to Tessa's lift up onto Scott' face in an effort to be provocative. I know you know that, so what exactly was the point? I can understand you are disappointed, even angry, but what I don't get is how beating up on Meryl and Charlie will make anyone feel better. They go out to skate their best and try to win just like Scott and Tessa and then the judges decide who wins. So the skating is the issue here, I think, so what's up with the pictures that try to insult them?