Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i just want to say that what tanith said about how d/w draws you in is utter bs. tbh it was v/m who got me watching figure skating again. they are the ones who drew me back to the sport because i used to watch it as a kid but then i stopped. but when i saw their performance at the olympics i decided i wanted to watch it again.
  2. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Talk about conflict of interest...
  3. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

V/M fans aren't going to be drawn in by D/W's skating, no matter what D/W do. But audiences are drawn in, and so are judges and that's what matters.
    carolina and (deleted member) like this.
  4. rainbowkisses

huh? pls dont judge me for being new.

#publicrimjob :lol:;)

all im trying to say is that v/m draw the audience in as well. and they interact with them as well on a special level. like i think scott said something about feeding off the energy of the audience in vancouver or something during their od (and you can tell as the louder the audience was the stronger their performance became) also it was v/m's carmen and their latin fd that got the audience clapping along with the beat. so saying v/m's programs excludes the audience/doesnt draw the audience in is utter bs they just have a different way of doing it
  5. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

NO..... I do think it's time to stop dishing other teams and concentrate on how we can dispose (preferably permanently) of the dreadful judges :lynch: Love love love everything about T/S. I think they are the class of the ice. BTW I do believe they are still good friends with D/W because I really like D/W, too, and in my psychotic little world everyone loves everyone:ROFL:. I wish D/W fans who don't love Tess and Scott would just hike right on out of here.
  6. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Tanith Belbin and Charlie White have been a couple since the 2009-2010 season and bought a condo together last year. She's not exactly an impartial source when it comes to V/M vs D/W.
  7. rainbowkisses

yeah i know that she is biased but i think she wasnt the first one to say something like that
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Guys, wht happened with thread after GPF? It was positive one, but what happened now?
    After i read Ioanna post i didnt want to go to GS and even at close FSU. I thought safe place is there.
  9. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Indeed. A part of the audience and a part of the judges.;)

Pani, can you give us more details about their performances, since you're the only one who got to watch them live?
    I hope T&S saw your banners and liked them. They looked great.
  10. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Pani as we said before most of us are women so it stands to reason that we go up and down....

I would say D&W reach out to their audience and T&S draw you in to the program. That is why we feel we are in the inner circle of Hallelujah or even Carmen and felt slightly outside the loop in a program like FF where the emotions didnt draw us in... My take only.
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

http://tessa-and-scott.livejournal.com/
    You could see all baners in this LG :D

I dont know, what to say.
    Like i said before, they had more speed and power, then at GPF. In SD Scotdid mistake on twizzles, but try hard to get there levels in pattern dance.
    I dont like new ending. But in waltz they look good, they show soft skating, big skating. I think they improve skating since CoR.
    In FD didyou notice how he start madefirst lift? It was just like wow :D I think the bigest problem was with choreo lift and i think they will change it - i feel like its too hard to them do it without speed. And did you notice how long time similar lift took in P-B FD? This lift very cool and creative, but didnt ive a lo off points.
    I think last lift was very good. Again - ,ore speed and power. I think Tessa was good in acting.
    I want to say after this FD i feel something dark, maybe something out of usuall ice dance world. Its not only moves - this what i felt after this FD was end. She killed him - thats the end of story.
    I could say T-S have a lot off support after FD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7rEbn_ygFS8
  12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Pani! Welcome back I'm glad you got to go to both CoR and GPF. I've made my peace with them losing two days ago. I was just upset because Carmen wasn't getting appreciated, but as long as we see it and others see it I'm ok. Also I'm very very hopeful about the second half of the season. I must say after seeing some Instagram pics Tessa and Scott are very much loved in Russia even with other Russian skaters lol. Anyways yes let's bring back the positive energy in this thread.

Just out of my annoying curiosity, rainbowkisses, did you by any chance use to go by the username Sliver98?
  13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

T-S have a lt off support in Russia, like other skaters. But i think V-M more "russian classical style team".
    You know - i am not upset anymore. After this GPF my thoughts was - i will never see most part off this skaters again :( This is sad, but its life.
    And T-S are adults, so if they think they could work under this pressure - its OK. But i think they could show they are apy with there skating after SD amd FD now. Just enjoy this last 4 programs and thins limit times of competitions.

Guys, how do you like new SD ending?
  14. elle123

elle123 New Member

DING DING DING ... now THERE's an idea. I will never understand why any haters or those who dislike a certain athlete/team feel it necessary to visit his/her/their fan thread, nonetheless stir up stuff. I do agree that bashing should be kept to a minimum (particularly about things that are not related to skating, i.e. physical appearance) but I think most of our points about D/W are valid reasons why we don't enjoy their skating. We're not saying that they're not great athletes, we just prefer T/S. I'm generalizing and I apologize if I'm misrepresenting the fans here but that's how I feel about this issue. I think a lot of our frustration stems from perceived under appreciation of Tessa and Scott and what they bring to their programs.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's ever going to be a fix for the judging since a large component of ice dance is subjective and driven in part by politicking.
  15. elle123

elle123 New Member

I don't think the new ending is bad but I do prefer the old one.
  16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Agree :)
  17. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Pani, thanks for your details! That thank you message from T&S was lovely.

I can't say the new SD ending is bad either, but I much prefer the original one. I wish they'd go back to it.
    Many of us feel strongly about the choreo lift - that is, we love it - but yes, it might have to be replaced... We'll see what they decide.
  18. Golightly

Golightly New Member

Me too.
  19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

It look so good, when Tessa get this position. But its hard for Scott. Not because she is big or something, but because Scott is a human, not a robot, that why this lift a little longer, then they need. And this lift is on one place, so maybe judges want to see more dinamic finale.
  20. rainbowkisses

no why?
  21. sequins

sequins New Member

Human nature. Can't resist the urge to see what 'the other side' is talking about and then stir the pot.

Me three. I loved the old one.

i just think by that point in the program they are exhausted and it's just so difficult to make it appear seamless like it has at times in practice. It's like a triple axel at the 4 minute mark.:)I'm guessing they'll change it but i really think it's a shame. If they couuld just nail it, it would be spectacular.
  22. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. I like the new one. I don't know if I like it better than the old one, but if they leave it in I'll still be happy. But I prefer the old SS.
    Nothing.
  23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Was gonna comment on this, but forgot. Please don't take what bmcg said as an insult to Meryl and Charlie. She was just trying to make me feel better after I got upset at some twitter comments directed at Tessa and Scott. I can't speak for her, but I think she was just trying to make light of the situation. And since the twitter comments were coming from what I highly presume were D/W fans (same ones using an article to call them snobs), I'm guessing that's why she chose the picture she did. Sorry for going back, I just needed to defend her.
  24. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Would love to see the CBC version of V/M's free dance..just watched Universal Sports and Tanith was very frustrating. I used to be a big fan of hers as well! ugh!
  25. Golightly

Golightly New Member

What did Tanith say?
  26. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts New Member

I love the kicky thing!! LOL LOL! It is not unanimous :(
  27. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Just bought my tix for National's. Only care about seeing ice dance so really looking forward to seeing Carmen live and in person. I feel really lucky to basically live between London and Mississauga. :)
  28. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Yes, please. I too would like to know since the video is apparenlty unavailable here in Canada.
  29. iNap

iNap New Member

Why V-M fan care what Tanith say? If she repeat all words what V-M fan say V-M fans will call it bias :rofl: bais is not one way lanes in these type of case ;)
    V-M fans love PJ Kwong she is like Scott's grand mother :D
  30. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I have no problem with criticism of another team occurring in this thread. My frustration comes from when criticism of that team actually becomes THE point of the thread more than celebrating and discussing the skater we actually DO like. It's overwhelming, honestly.
  31. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

ITA, Proustable.
  32. Golightly

Golightly New Member

OMG!! LMAO.
  33. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

34. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm in the U.S. just point me in the right direction and I'll transcribe to you guys.
    Why is it funny that somebody is getting mocked?
  35. Golightly

Golightly New Member

Because it's not serious? It's light, clever trolling and I can laugh? I'm a Federer fan and yet I adore Pseudo Fed on Twitter. It's not a big deal. Not to me anyway.
  36. pani

pani Well-Known Member

OMG.
    I want to tell you something. When i were on my way at home i met in train to girls, who were at GPF and one journalist. And you know it was funny, like all of us like Tessa and Scorr :D And one girl said- how someone could dislike Tessa? :D Then we found, that husband of one of us like Tessa the most and journalist (man) said he like Tessa the most too - she is so beautifull and great dancer :)
    How we all could be in the same train? I dont know :lol:
    I think T-S need to show they are happy with there skating - this will help us.
    And you know i talked with one old ladie and asked her about last lift and she said - did you saw, what other skaters made on ice? :lol:
  37. Golightly

Golightly New Member

I think they looked happier out there than last year? I checked the gala practices and they seemed in good spirits.
  38. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Where have you seen the gala practices, Golightly?
  39. Golightly

Golightly New Member

40. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, i didnt saw Gala - i could missed my train :(
    I think at Gala and banquete at GPF last season they were OK.
    But this time they look OK during medal ceremony, so i think Scott did home work after "piss off" :lol: