Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

oh really? we get to see v/m do ND and d/w do carmen? wooo hoo! ;)

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

No! So DW are going to do a lyrical love program and VM a fast dramatic one? I don't like the sound of that at all. Why is she trying to make them what they're not?!

Skate Canada has been posting pics on twitter. Can I just say I love Tessa's see-through shirt in this one: https://mobile.twitter.com/SkateCanada/status/277494204354154496. It's in fashion now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Whatever. VM can skate to anything. Did she really say they were heavy, though?

4. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

and by heavy, what does marina mean by that?

yes, v/m are more versatile than d/w, but they still have trouble with polka. as long as marina doesnt give them anything with polka, they'll do fine.

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Argh I was just reading this idiotic post on Golden Skate that I thought I'd share with you guys. Basically it says that Davis and White should be rewarded in spite of their recycling of elements because they are doing the best with what they have.

I ind it hilarious how two faced some Davis and White ubers can be. When Tessa and Scott do FF (which i loved and actually had new elements and was their first character driven free dance) people say that they have no variety and that they are doing young love over and over again. And when Davis and White change the music to their dance but don't change anything else over three out of four seasons its capitalizing on their strengths.

7. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

The double standards when it comes to V/M and D/W are just infuriating. D/W get a pat on the head for doing the very things V/M would get crucified for (and often do, even if they haven't actually done what they were accused of).

8. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Carmen is not being rewarded by the judges. It should be judged way above the generic ND by D&W, yet it isn't. What are they not seeing, or seeing that we are not? I find it very discouraging.

9. aka_gerbil

My theory is that it's politics and has nothing to do with the actual skating and programs.

10. Golightly

11. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

B&K won 2 GPF but didn't move up come World's or Olympics so D&W winning here means nothing. I like seeing V&M's overall scores going up and up. Interested to see what happens at 4 CC's.

12. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's during their combination spin. :rolleyes:

Nice try at trashing D/W again, though.

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Golightly

Dude, thicker skin. Get one. It has helped me plenty when the V/M trashing is unleashed full force.

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

It's ok guys, lets cheer up a bit and see what happens with the rest of the season.
    I do agree with this though. I mentioned it awhile back on fanforum that people want every other team (and I really do mean every other team) except VM to play to their strengths, but with Tessa and Scott when they do something in their wheelhouse they get slammed for it, hard. And now when they are doing something so different and innovative, it's not being rewarded. IDEK what to think anymore, I just feel bad for "Carmen" (the program that is, lol) .

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Had to go back to this post when I stumbled upon a picture. When those people on twitter are annoying you just send them this pic:
    http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/thumbnailfull/meryl-davis-charlie-white-2009-10-24-13-10-40.jpg

16. Golightly

Look at the lack of extension. It's something that I'll never get. Oh well.

17. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

You'd think she could at least curl her toes ;)

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. aka_gerbil

At the very least, you would've thought she could have managed that.... ;)

19. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I'll be waiting for a translation for Zueva's interview, but if she indeed said that Tessa and Scott are heavy... I don't get her. Why doesn't she just refrain from comments about the two teams? It's such a damn conflict of interests there, I can't even imagine the tension in Canton.
    Or maybe she's trying to compensate for having praised her own work with Carmen at the beginning at the season (often conveniently keeping Jennifer Swan out of the picture) and now she's criticizing Tessa and Scott to make D/W look better? I'm truly confused about her attitude.

20. Golightly

I think what they need to do is work on the step sequences. Not necessarily tweak them more (thought I wouldn't mind seeing the old DiSt back), but just try to make them cleaner. I seem to be the only one who likes the kick she does and I think it was clean today, you're just afraid she'll fall and yeah, it's one of the risks, but today she nailed it in my opinion. In fact, all lifts looked better, except for the choreo one. The short dance, I think I miss the old not touching step sequence, it was more intricate. Sigh. Again, they will use Nationals to test a few things I'm sure, but I like that they sounded calm and confident today.

21. Golightly

Re: Zueva. We don't know exactly what she said, so I won't comment yet. Heavy has many meanings, we need context.

22. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I agree, that's why I said I'd wait until we have a translation.

23. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

24. iNap

iNap Active Member

This idea is so greate. The judge should vote on pictures after the dance instead of live progrom. This way there will be proofs for scores. Only one photographer allowed he can be on tecnikal comittee.
    All canton team will loose this way and other teams can have chance to become greate ;)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T4WHi5z2U...8/G338TSBZG5c/s1600/Virtue Moir FD SC2012.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  25. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Ding Ding someone gets the price tonight!! :lol: of course it's all politics, no doubt the American Federation is pushing with a heavy hand for their skaters this year. This seems really bad imo....not sure how V&M & D&W will be able to remain close with this crap going on..

26. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

tbh their sloppy postures are quite evident in their performance you dont need photographs to prove that
    and honestly they stick out like a sore thumb

27. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

My feeling is that they stopped being close quite a while ago. They're probably just polite rink-mates.

28. Bue

Bue New Member

I really do wonder about this, actually. I'd like to think that they maintain that great initial friendship, but we haven't seen a happy Canton fluff piece for at least two years.

29. Lissa

Lissa New Member

No it's fine, & actually I am not just saying it cause I like Carmen more, D&W are fabulous skaters, I like them however they are not on the same level as V&M. Sorry if others feel this is harsh, it's the truth. I am not a judge or coach & don't have to be politically correct, anyone who says D&W are better this season is well I don't know really what too say, cause they are just wrong if they say that :lol:

Even the Italian commentators earlier in the season said T&S are in a league all their own.
    I will LMAO if they lose at the Worlds to this ND snoozefest..:rolleyes:

Oh & yes the federations will do dirty & underhanded things to get their teams & skater on top. Remember Lillehammer with Torvill & Dean getting bronze...that was the biggest STFU moment ever for me & loads of others along with Sale & Peltiller in SLC several years later.

The judge who gave V&M an 8.75 for skating skills for the SD should be sent to a room & left there for several days to get his brain in working order again...& should never be allowd to judge again, that was BOLD FACED CHEATING plain & simple.

Rant over ....now off to watch... The Dark Knight Rises!!

30. iNap

iNap Active Member

that look is sloopy in picture look like Scott in pain. I have feeling thumb is fine maybe it is other fingers.