Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Not really! If they don't tell them at Nationals, how will they know to fix the problem for the international events--they'll get marked down there and wonder why. This will just motivate them to work that much harder, like last year.

2. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i bet a bunch of people now are complaining that scott complained to the judges about his score and thats why they only have 2 lift deductions :rolleyes: but yeah marie-france called it first. she said there were something wrong with the lift deductions. also werent p/i fourth? who was the other couples who had long lift deductions because i dont remember it

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, but did you think they was kissed at all competitions during season and only at home Nationals they found high level judges? This is funny :lol:
    Thought this will be last relaxing competition for me, but canadiand did it not so fully. Plus no photos, videos, report, like alwayse from competitions in Canada.
    So i will not watch 4CC and WCH after this. Cant even imaging, what judjes will made with them.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

They overscored them in PCS.
    Its funny, that V-M always did something wron, when even such a poor skaters, like Piper or C-L get livel 3 for SS.
    OK, dont want think aboutr this anymore. Thanks you for such a bad ebd of week-end, Skate Canada.

5. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think the new thread should be titled Keep Calm, Carry On because it's clearly needed right now ;)

6. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

In the original protocols, I counted 6 couples with long lift deductions and now I only see 2. So I'm assuming it was some computer glitch.

7. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Manley and Debbie Wilkes stated 2 lifts were too long and thus the deductions. Otherwise, their program was fabulous!!!!

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Pani calm down. Wouldn't you rather the mistakes be caught here? I was upset too, but I think it's better this way. Anyways can somebody that was watching tell me how they reacted to the scores?

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, but for international judges all was OK. Like last season Canadinas have different clock.

10. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall Active Member

Would you mind putting this particular skate into perspective? I mean compared to their three previous FD skates how was it overall? I know the details on their errors are important, but like others commented, the technical side can be fixed. I was thinking now that their SD is fixed, they really now could focus on polishing both programs heading into the endgame of the season.

Also, last season the tech panel was also hard on them, which probably helped because they nailed it next at 4cc, level 4s on the SSs, so I guess that is not so bad. I hope someone uploads soon...

11. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

The skate was cleaner and crisper. The kick part in mid program was the best of the season. The beginning twizzles were fast and completely in sync.

12. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i asked skate canada what happened and this is what they replied:

The deductions were on three separate lifts for long lifts, however, the creative lift was incorrectly timed and has been adjusted.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Like i said before - last season they didnt change nothing after Nationals and get level 4 for that lift in SD. So its something personal to V-M, because all others get there high level. For example O-W, who isnt at the same level with V-M.

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Apparently Tessa's dad said this to somebody after their performance:

15. Sahararainfall

Thank you!

16. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I think you're right.:) I also liked your other idea, "Onwards and upwards".

17. Lissa

Lissa New Member

How can they possibly at this level & this late in the season still not know the lifts are too long? I am sorry but that is the skaters & coaches mistake, there is no excuse for them to be getting time deductions on lifts when they know the rules.

18. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Here's something to consider. In their combination lift the first part was only called a level two. Perhaps they were too long getting into position and this is one of the lifts where they got a time deduction. It doesn't matter what they got in other competitions. To repeat what I wrote in the FD thread Igor let people know he thought they should have gotten a timing deduction at Skate Canada for a lift and voiced that the panel chose not to give one. Think back to 2010 where all season long they received no deduction for the dismount to the Goose lift but did for the Olympics because they heard rumblings they might suddenly get a deduction for it. I don't think it's a bad thing that the panel at Nationals was strict with the timing. I don't think it's because they don't like V&M but because they know it's borderline. They will be skating in London without a Canadian judge and perhaps none on the technical panel. They need to go there with things tightened up so that they don't give a reason for a strict panel to throw them a deduction.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

THIS. This is good and will help them at the end.

20. marikat

marikat Active Member

21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So this was the first competition of the season? After skating all sound imressed and only after saw the score start found what could be wrong.

23. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Was just about to post this! I really think it's great that Ms. Swan is part of Tessa and Scott's team.

24. Sahararainfall

25. elle123

elle123 Member

26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

LOL! She's sooooo into Scott. Tessa had to jump in to answer a question.

27. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I love how Jennifer Swan calls them "artists".

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But did Canada need artists? They had more respect in Russia :D

29. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Yes, Pani, Canada needs, has, and values its artists.

30. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview with Swan. She seems so sweet, and lyrical. I look forward to further collaborations between Swan and VM.