Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I think it is a great improvement, mostly because the polka seems an effortless part of the dance. It was wonderful. I am very happy for them to get such a great score.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

ending pose is gr8 but i miss the old intro. the music cuts seem to transition better

3. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

It was absolutely wonderful. I squealed with pleasure in an airport lounge!

Love it love the changes ...the lightness of the polka is felt throughout.

4. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Love the changes to the SD and like Tessa's back bun better. Great skate! Nationals inflation of course but this skate should give them confidence going into Worlds.

5. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they realy understand now better, what they skated. And i love polka section - they was so on in polka. Stop hating polka, Scott! :lol:
    I think the most important - now this dance go better with the music, it has flow, light, like Tessa and Scott always show to us. I have this impression from this TSN video (thank you, TSN!). So now i am waiting impressions from the people, who was at arena.
    I hope now nobody will say - they lost technick ;)

6. sequins

sequins Active Member

That SD was AMAZING period. I have enjoyed it all season but this is like a whole new appreciation. It's like a whole new, jam packed, festival of delight:lol: They were so on it was ridiculous. Deserved the score, sorry haters but it is 'Canadians' after all:).
    Loved P/I thought they should've been second. :fragile: for R/H:(.

7. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

That SD was incredible, lyrical, and simply mesmerizing. I think they totally deserved every single point they got. I can't get over how much this dance has improved even from the GPF, it was very good before but I agreed that D&W SD was a tad better but with these changes I can honestly say it is now my favorite SD this season, possibly ever...Wow!

8. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Sequins ITA, I also thought P&I should have been 2nd.

9. elle123

elle123 Member

I really felt for R/H, too. And thought P/I deserved to finish second in the SD, I'm so glad they decided to move to Detroit.

10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

You're right I do love it! That was amazing to me and so smooth and on point. They're really amazing skaters and performers, aren't they? I love the changes to the dance so much; I think some of you might remember me saying the old version felt too jarring for me and I just couldn't fall in love with it, but this time I fell for whatever magic they were trying to create. I'm so happy for them--I like their grit and the fact that they never stop making changes to better themselves and their programs! (Even though I knew the score already I got nervous watching them wait for their scores cuz it took so long!)

11. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

That's the right word, for sure.

I absolutely adored the original version, so, aside from that problematic lift, I really did not want them to change it. I have to say, though, the changes worked and I loved how they added intricacy and difficulty to an already complicated SD. I was really blown away by their SD.

I agree. The criticism that their program was not polka enough never made any sense to me, given that they fulfilled the criteria and there never seemed to be any such expectation in previous years that the pattern dance rhythm should be carried throughout the entire program. I did, however want more of a connection to the polka section from Scott (I always loved Tessa's expression in the polka). His expression seemed a little contrived to me, but today I really got it. exquisite performance.

bbkenn, what was it like live? I hope you are having a blast at Canadians!

agree with everything you just said. so proud of P&I! really wanted to give Asher a big hug.

Emdee, I hope you had a great time at Canadians yesterday! Have a great vacation!

can't wait to hear the live reports from you lucky people! how amazing it must have been to have seen that performance live!

and ITA, Shayii!

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks BKF! Great to see you around here btw :)

13. martyross

martyross Active Member

mesmerizing. they skated as one and that's why they touched my heart (other than making it beat so fast).
    i didnt even think for a moment about the technical elements, just completely forgot because i was completely, totally drawn and absorbed in their story. it was like reading a novel all the way through. that video will be my drug from now on.
    this is a very personal program and they are supreme ice dancers.
    feel like crying now actually...

14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! And thank you, Maofan7 :).

It looks great. And the marks are great too ;). I am not sure if I like the new version better than the original one - I liked that it had a more complex story line/that mini-FD feel. Although the original version already seemed lighter to me than I had expected with this waltz, but this is even lighter. So, yes, not sure if I like it more, but at least I don't like it less than before. Which is already a lot, since I liked it very much :).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  15. sequins

sequins Active Member

You know what you're right. I know they said they weren't focusing on the storyline anymore, just the dancing so I was expecting something generic but I feel like they told a story today in that SD better than ever. it was magic.

16. rainbowkisses

17. martyross

martyross Active Member

have you seen the replay of the step sequence? its on the youtube version. great camera angle. the unison is unbelievable, but i cant describe the greatness of those steps, there are no words! thanks Tessa and Scott for this masterpiece! that music resonates as though it was their soul. ill never forget the violent emotion i had tonight. =LOVE=

18. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Actually when you watch it, it was not an inflatted score at all, totally deserved & easily could have been 80 imo!
    THAT dance skated like that at Worlds is UNbeatable!:D

19. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Is there anyway to get the Eurosport coverage of the Canadian Nationals SD by V&M? I would love to hear their reactions!

20. rainbowkisses

hahah i cant believe people are complaining about the score
    d/w are prolly gonna get over 80 anyway because of nats inflation :shuffle: its nats what do you expect

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

They seemed to hug at the beginning like they actually do before they go out onto the ice......That was totally "them". BTW I also thing P/I should have placed 2nd.

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I think I do like the old version a little more. I enjoyed that it was a little different than a typical waltz. I won't say this one is generic, but it is basically "what people would expect from Virtue & Moir," which is to say excellent and a perfectly delivered waltz and polka, but I was into the idea of this being a season where they had two programs that were challenging material.

I do agree with the commentary that this program was sheer perfection in how it was performed. This was their most effortless performance since Mahler at the Olympics. I am blown away by how great they look. They're amazing waltzers, the best since Klimova & Ponomarenko.

23. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I loved it. I thought they hit every element and it flowed very well. I have no issue with the changes at the beginning or the other areas, although I did miss the little lift they had before the sbs steps. I am happy if what they do gets them better marks because in the end, that is what counts.

24. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

apparently the judges dont like SDs/ODs that look like FDs ;)

25. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Oh hell no, I will lmao if D&W get over 80, no way even skated perfect is their SD that good:rolleyes:

26. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Cherub articulated it - the new SD feels less mysterious or different. But it's such a sublime piece of skate craft that it feels churlish to complain.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Please don't start with this again :rolleyes:

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

We were mesmerized. My friend felt that they moved as one and had good knees. This from someone who just discovered the joy of competitive skating this weekend! You really couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It really has a magic when it's live.

29. rainbowkisses

never doubt the usfsa if they want something they will get it ;) :lol:

30. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

In all truth, I had a feeling that I was missing something in the new version compared to the original one. Then I thought about it a bit, and realized what you both wrote. Now it doesn't seem so different from other SDs, so unique. The way how they skate/do it is unique, but the SD itself - not so much. It also doesn't seem so deep anymore. I miss the different moods from the original version - now the mood is sort of more level and doesn't change throughout the dance at all. Also the beginning - but, clearly, it wouldn't fit with the new theme of the dance. Previously, I wrote none of this because I hadn't yet fully realized what it was that I was missing, and although because of the very same reason that you mentioned, Proustable. The SD is still so great, and Tessa and Scott skated it so incredibly well, that it felt wrong to complain, or even to feel anything other than elation. But, oh well, I still like it very much - I certainly wasn't lying when I wrote that. And I am so glad for how they skated it, and the marks they got :).