Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Hey, fans! :) I'm newie in the Virtue/Moir fan team (since this summer). So the thing is that I need Tess portray photos for my project. Most of pictures are old, photosessions too, and maybe you have some good ideas for the photo? I have searched about few hours, but can't find anything, what is beautiful and new (from this year). Can you please help me?

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I am not sure, but maybe you could use this
    http://gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-eqGO5
    Or this
    http://www.tulup.ru/gallery.php?id=61

http://www.fskate.ru/photo/282/
    http://victoriashaposhnikova.gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-em1Cb
    http://victoriashaposhnikova.gallery.ru/watch?ph=33D-em1xE

3. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Welcome Catherine. Have you tried Iggie's blog Compulsory dances. She has amassed an enormous amount of info all in one place. I just love it :fan:

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Look like Canadian TV will not show FD at all :( How this could be? How FS and ice dance could b popular in Canada?

5. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

Probably the free dance....
    Sunday, January 20, 16:00 - 18:00 TSN

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

From Canadian Nationals thread

And i didnt get answer will SkateBuz be geoblocked durin Nationals.

7. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Pani, the FD is the 20th. The stuff that was scheduled to air on the 18th were the ladies and pairs SP's! They'll be showing the FD, I'm sure. It would be a little hard for them to show it 2 days before it happened. ;)

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry :duh: I wish they will show everything :) And i like Canadian pairs and wish to see Osmond SP too.

9. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Just over a week before I get to watch V&M live. I can not wait!! Will have phone with me and make little updates if possible during the FD and parade of championships.

Pani- The markee event at National's is always Men and Ice Dance. Every time I have gone to see National's live ice dance is the final event. Ice Dance has been huge here since B&K.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

No problem. ;)

My guess is that the pairs and ladies SP's will eventually show up somewhere.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Have a great time! :) I wish T-S will show there best and you will enjoy both SD and FD.
    I know about ice dance.
    Did they sold tickets for all day or only for one competition?
    It will be great if you could send us some reports from the arena! :)

Interesting. 1 hour translation per day in the night from WCh, wish will be held in Canada. I hope in Europe we will havemore coverage.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  12. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

The ice dance is usually sold with the parade of champions ticket together. I have been to every National's in Hamilton and this is the first time I have been to the Hershey Centre. I purchased tickets right by the judges so I am hoping I will get a good enough vantage point that I can take the odd picture. Carmen by far and away is my favourite FD ever so I am beyond psyched to see it.

My mother in law is setting up accomodations for London in March and I will be going to the freedance there too. Wish I could go the entire week but I have to make money to spend it on the figure skating lol!

13. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

I think you're looking at the SRC (Societe Radio-Canada, i.e. French) schedule, pani.

The English CBC Worlds coverage looks as though it will be very extensive (including streaming).
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/broadcast/

14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I don't know about coverage in Europe, but there's no way they wouldn't show it here in Canada. Twilight1, I hope you have a wonderful time at Nats. I can't wait to see it on TV/or skatebuzz. Nats is my favorite competition. Certainly less stressful:lol:

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you!:) Its great coverage! :encore:

:lol: I agreee with you. And i like GP events, where skaters show there new programs first time in the season :)
    Last season Nationals was stressful and T-S were very close to Kethlyb and Andrew in SD. Sad W-P will not compete this season :( Hope they will at WCh.

16. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I do believe they (W&P) are still hoping to be at Worlds. I sure hope so.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think so too. And i cant wait to see how they changed FD :swoon:

18. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Thank you Pani and and girlscouse62 for the links and information! :)

19. marikat

marikat Active Member

20. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Thanks. And again we see how every article that comes out of a press conference presents a bit differently.

Sure they are adjusting things as the season goes on. The interesting part to me is that Jennifer Swan has worked with them on the short dance. Very happy to hear that.

21. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Wow, it's great that they worked with Jennifer Swan for the SD too! I'm curious to see the modified result.

What I didn't really get from the article is whether there have been changes to the FD, or just improving the speed... Speed and flow were the main things that needed work, so I'm glad they focused on that, and hope they haven't changed much of the choreography.

(Also, it's obvious from Tessa's quote that she was talking about the dance and there was no "messing around" with fans... for those who still aren't convinced about that.)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Yesss!!!! :kickass:

I cant understand this too. At first i thought they change the ending. But then its look like they didnt. I hope they didnt change choreo too.

What quote did you mean?
    Ofcouse they work all season long.

23. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

The quote about the characters being two people in love.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks! I understand, what you mean :)
    Its amazing how press could made such a different articles based on the same interview.

25. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Precisely. It's very important to keep in mind when reading anything in print from anyone. The written word and the spoken word can be very different and probably the cause of a lot of arguments online because you can't always get tone and context from the printed word.

26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

The fact they brought in Swan to work with them in the short dance is SO telling. Basically, it says they're so happy with Carmen as a program, they want to bring a bit of that to the SD. I can't wait.

27. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've been reading too much of "that blog". That batsh*t crazy blog.

28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes - cant wait to see what they did with SD.
    Werid this wasnt in first interview. Only Swan work with them on FD.

29. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think it's also in the other article, it's all a matter of how people interpret what they read and how the writer strings things together but I recall reading it thinking Swan was working with them on the SD.

eta... I'm just picturing the SD to be more dance based now and not so much story based which I think is fine for the SD.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe you are right. Could time go faster? :lol:
    And i wish to see what this will be bring some special element to short dance, which we think we have in the free ... You will be able to notice, for sure