Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

2. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

wow a bunch of idiotic d/w stans are calling v/m pretentious on twitter because they "dont do the social media thing" lmao wtf? have they ever realized that the reason why v/m dont do social media is cause they dont want to be HARASSED or STALKED (especially by that blog who btw have been posting screenshots of our thread/ other v/m communities and has screenshoted several posts on the facebook page, breaching a bunch of people's privacy.)

sry for the rant guys i just find d/w stans so obnoxious and their self-righteousness is getting rly annoying
  3. rvi5

rvi5 New Member

Missed yesterdays practice, but caught todays. Yes the Choreographic lift has been replaced with a much more fluid entry lift. The fluidity reminds me of Tessa's back flip up onto Scott's shoulders. The new lift also involves a flip, resulting in Scott holding Tessa horizontally in front of his body before setting her down. The flip happened quickly, and it caught me off guard. Hence I was not prepared to analyze the details of the entry. Especially since they were at the opposite end of the rink, with Scott's back to me. I am not certain if Tessa flipped over Scott's shoulders, or directly into his arms.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for photos and review! :) Cant wait to see them today.
    I must say - Osmond is new star. Amazing. She was dancing!
    And i love this Carmen video and its dream come truth - i saw Jennifer Swan :D
  5. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting...very nice.
    I'm glad they have changed their choreo lift. I always found it to be a tad awkward.
    I'm also looking forward to seeing their "improved" SD today. Can. Nats is exciting this year.
  6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope this will be live reports form us, who couldnt watch it.
    Nothing from today practice?
  7. marikat

marikat Active Member

It's still a couple of hours before their practice starts :)
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:duh: I am exiting too much :lol: Thanks!
  9. marikat

marikat Active Member

"Last sr dance practice before the SD: Virtue & Moir's changes look flawless, and the YP will be a friend to some more than others." https://twitter.com/jm_thayer
  10. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  11. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

12. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oh I can't wait! I'm glad Jennifer Swan worked with them on their SD too. And I think I'm one that the polka isn't a friend to; sometimes I fast forward through it in the programs. Is there a link where we can watch live or anything?
  13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This is about how hard to skate LP. All skaters talking about this. But Scott look realy enthusiastic about 4 minute of skating :D
  14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

TSN did a great job. Just watched beaitufull video about Erick Redford. He play on piano and talking how hard to be a figure skater if you are boy :swoon:
  15. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Those TSN videos aren't working for me! :(

Can anybody informate me about them?
  16. ofdarkness

ofdarkness New Member

CTV showed some clips of them practicing the SD on the floor. They had a pose (I think it was their final pose, but I'm not sure) where their faces were extremely close. I can't wait to see it all translated onto the ice.
  17. rainbowkisses

:( i miss tessa's side bun hoping it comes back
  18. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I 'm so late, but just wanted to wish rvi5 (thanks so much for the updates), daniskates93 (lovely pics), bbkenn, Emdee ( have a wonderful vacation!) and other members of the V&M thread family in attendance this wkd a wonderful time at Canadians.

Also, and again this is so late, but a very warm welcome to CatherineC, ofdarkness, tuile, and other newbies to this forum. I hope you have a great time here!

Another belated thanks to IoanaC and pani for your reports from CoR and GPF

:)

Me too! Thanks for the gifs, btw.

And thank you Shayii, marikat and others for all the news and info!
  19. marikat

marikat Active Member

HOLY SCORE! 79,04
  20. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

HAHA, marikat already said the words I wanted to say, but -
    OMG, THIS IS NOT REAL - 79.04 :D
  21. rainbowkisses

i know its nationals but
    79.04! good job my bbs!!!
    along with that paul/islam are in third! i hope they get a silver or bronze
    ngl im looking forward towards all the pressed bitches complaining about their score
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  22. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well good, I'm glad they got an inflated score because they sure didn't in the SD last year!

Sooooo... comments/impressions/costume and hair reports plz? ;)
  24. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Well they got dinged last year, but this dance was stupendously beautiful.......not a foot wrong, and I believe they really earned that score.
  25. Judy

Judy New Member

Tracy was saying that the technical panel cannot inflate the marks and they got dinged the last year on the technical ... she said even though it's a friendly judging panel that the technical is not allowed to do that.

Wow that SD was incredible. What a change from what they did originally. I never thought I'd ever say that I found any SD captivating (miss the OD) but that was incredible.
  26. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

All level 4's on the technical elements. I hope Tessa and Scott will be able to take those levels with them to the World Championships.:kickass:
  27. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

28. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I fell asleep waiting for news of the SD. But anyways what does everybody think of the new one?
  29. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Go watch. You're going to love it. It's a lot better than the original version. In a word, sublime.
  30. elle123

elle123 New Member

I'll have to go back and watch the old version and compare but first thoughts is that this SD seems "lighter" than the older version. They've seemed to change/add some transitions that I think really add to the program and I can't wait to see how it'll look all together as we get closer to worlds. I thought they skated it beautifully and I loved it.

I can't wait to see Carmen tomorrow!
  31. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I think it is a great improvement, mostly because the polka seems an effortless part of the dance. It was wonderful. I am very happy for them to get such a great score.
    Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  32. rainbowkisses

ending pose is gr8 but i miss the old intro. the music cuts seem to transition better
  33. Emdee

Emdee New Member

It was absolutely wonderful. I squealed with pleasure in an airport lounge!

Love it love the changes ...the lightness of the polka is felt throughout.
  34. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Love the changes to the SD and like Tessa's back bun better. Great skate! Nationals inflation of course but this skate should give them confidence going into Worlds.
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they realy understand now better, what they skated. And i love polka section - they was so on in polka. Stop hating polka, Scott! :lol:
    I think the most important - now this dance go better with the music, it has flow, light, like Tessa and Scott always show to us. I have this impression from this TSN video (thank you, TSN!). So now i am waiting impressions from the people, who was at arena.
    I hope now nobody will say - they lost technick ;)
  36. sequins

sequins New Member

That SD was AMAZING period. I have enjoyed it all season but this is like a whole new appreciation. It's like a whole new, jam packed, festival of delight:lol: They were so on it was ridiculous. Deserved the score, sorry haters but it is 'Canadians' after all:).
    Loved P/I thought they should've been second. :fragile: for R/H:(.
  37. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

That SD was incredible, lyrical, and simply mesmerizing. I think they totally deserved every single point they got. I can't get over how much this dance has improved even from the GPF, it was very good before but I agreed that D&W SD was a tad better but with these changes I can honestly say it is now my favorite SD this season, possibly ever...Wow!
  38. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

Sequins ITA, I also thought P&I should have been 2nd.
  39. elle123

elle123 New Member

I really felt for R/H, too. And thought P/I deserved to finish second in the SD, I'm so glad they decided to move to Detroit.
  40. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

You're right I do love it! That was amazing to me and so smooth and on point. They're really amazing skaters and performers, aren't they? I love the changes to the dance so much; I think some of you might remember me saying the old version felt too jarring for me and I just couldn't fall in love with it, but this time I fell for whatever magic they were trying to create. I'm so happy for them--I like their grit and the fact that they never stop making changes to better themselves and their programs! (Even though I knew the score already I got nervous watching them wait for their scores cuz it took so long!)