Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll be able to go to Ottawa Nationals - that may be the only time I'll ever get to see Tessa and Scott compete live

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I hope you can go! That would be awesome. I miss them and it hasn't even been long since gpf, what's gonna happen once they retire? Sigh...I wouldn't think of that just yet. Anyways mimishka posted more pics from gpf this time of the FD http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/mamy-st/album/288316/?&p=3
    She included this little paragraph on her LJ too (sorry used google translation):

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I miss them a lot too. Yerstaday i watched FD from SC on my phone. Even with Tessas mistakes it look so emotional and powerfull.

It was the privilege to see this FD "live" twise :)

Nationals preview
    http://www.ice-dance.com/main/featu...8-northern-lights-25-canadians-on-the-horizon

4. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Those are awsome photo....thanks for posting Shayii. I just enjoy looking at their beautiful matching lines even in transition. No other team can do this or even comes close.

5. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Yup, I'm going! I'm also going to Canadian Nationals and 3 events at Worlds in London! My friend and I decided that we would do this at least once in our lives! We'll always do SOI but probably won't do another National's or World's.

6. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Have a great time! Hope you will enjoy competitions! If you will have time - we will wait your reports!

7. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i dont know about you guys but as much as i love hallelujah, i kinda miss aint no mountain high enough :(. maybe they will do a new ex by worlds? (tbh i can picture them dancing to in your eyes by peter gabriel)

8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they will made new ex for WCh and will skate it at CSOI. All know i love hallelujah :swoon:

9. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

i hope so! i think the reason why i can picture tessa and scott dancing to in your eyes is because the main characters in say anything remind me so much of tessa and scott!

10. elle123

elle123 New Member

I'm hoping to go to the Nationals in Ottawa next year, too. I was contemplating making the trip to Mississauga this year but with the news that next year's nationals are in Ottawa, I decided to wait.

11. marikat

marikat Active Member

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Interesting abandonment of story and staying with movement... this maybe the answer . Look forward to seeing the program at nats though not in person.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

14. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Thanks, only back until Friday 18th and then off again for two weeks. I should be thankful for these wonderful hols but instead I am sad that I will miss Nats in Toronto.Thank heavens I am going to worlds though wont be there for the practices. I think I will go to nats next year in Ottawa only problem is it will be so COLD there! Maybe DD will come for the weekend portion of it. Lets see.

Yes I have received my tickets for CSOI Toronto. I dont know how long Kurt will be skating in it - its his last year for the US SOI. With both Patrick and T&S skating my cup of happiness will be full.

15. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I don't think they would use the word simplifying if they meant it in the way you fear. I read it that people (and judges) weren't getting the story they were trying to tell in the SD and that there wasn't enough time to develop it in the time limit of an SD so they are just going for the joy of the dance and the movement which is really all anyone else is doing anyway. The story wasn't helping their marks. I think strategically it's not a bad decision as they can't get caught up in the SD again this season. If the story isn´t getting appreciation I´d rather they focus on the masterpiece that is their FD and just go for the levels in the SD.

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I'm disappointed... the story for the SD was intriguing, and I wanted to know more. I thought of it as Scott picking up this lost girl, taking her into his castle and inviting her to a ball. They're dancing the upbeat, social dances in public (polka), but as the evening goes on, it gets more intimate (waltz)....

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hope you are right :) But hope simplifying wasnt made with FD.
    How they coyuld made changes again if they didnt have a lot off time if they spend off-ice all 5 days during Christmas?

Tessas movements at the begining of this SD made from it something speciall.
    But look like they wish to be on top more, then save unusuall choreo :(

18. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Unless there are some really drastic changes, I don't think anything will prevent you from seeing the story the way you want to see it. ;)

19. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Of course :lol: but originally they said they wanted to develop it, so I was hoping that they would explain more about it and maybe add some choreo (nothing major, I'm talking like hand gestures and stuff). I will not enjoy it less, but my anticipated increase in enjoyment has been compromised. ;)

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

You haven't seen it yet ;)

Too many people were confused by the SD and while I loved the original one (the one at Skate Canada) they are still competing and when you have their titles you of course still want to win. It's why we lost the gorgeous step sequence in the original SD, the construction was such they would never get a level 4. I honestly don't think people (fans and judges) would struggle so much with the theme and concept had Marina not nailed it with Giselle. I think V&M's SD is superior to all others but have to accept Marina really nailed it with Giselle. I suspect her original concept for a Carmen SD would have been just as brilliant but with all the shuffling it's my feeling they tried to work whatever FD concept they had for Hopkins into the SD and the comparison isn't working in their favour. I think it's smart to go for a compulsory dance approach (if that is what they are doing) because few dance the CDs like they do. They need to keep as close to D&W as possible in the SD and the point spread at GPF told them they needed to review their program.

I expect Carmen to intact.

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with some of the comments I've seen elsewhere. This quote is weird and unnecessary IMO
    I'm surprised they were off the ice for five days. I actually thought they were putting in more ice time, especially when I read a tweet from a guy that was super excited about seeing them practice at his local rink.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you have link to this tweet?

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

How so?

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I don't know how to really articulate it, but I am starting to think they're playing a game. But the whole the SD is now a story of our lives/relationship and it's a story of two people in love and dancing about it...IDK it seems a bit contrived.

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Fort

Fort New Member

That's because the story is from the Canadian Press, which is not associated with any single newspaper -- it gets picked up by any of them. The individual paper chooses the picture to accompany it, probably just whatever they have on file for VM for this season.

27. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

yes, that love word is certainly dangled out there. Sounds like Tessa is saying they are in love... and in the past they've seemed to want to avoid this topic and play the friend card. Maybe to stir up fans (like myself ;) )

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  28. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Honestly I think it's all in how you read it. I didn't read it as they are in love but if that is an issue to some people who wonder or want them to be than I can see why they will read it differently. I don't really care if they are or aren´t a couple and believe they aren't based on their personalities. I do think the nature of Carmen may have made them question themselves this season however ;)

But seriously. I always take quotes in print with a grain of salt. There is a ... between the quote that bothers you, you need to know what the ... was. I've seen enough interviews of Patrick Chan and then read his quotes in an article to know the very same words come across very differently spoken vs. printed with the journalists twist.

On a lighter not LOVE the picture in the first article pani posted.

29. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I agree with this. They also say they've focused on the body movement, so I don't think the actual SD choreography has changed much.

I'm glad it's competition time again soon, so we can have real things to debate. It's beginning to feel like the off-season speculation hour in here. There are separate quotes in that article, and many of their phrases are retold by the writer. I really don't think Tessa was trying to fuel some relationship conspiracy theory, but simply explain the concept of the dance... Just my opinion.
    I would have loved to know more about how Carmen has been progressing in training.

30. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sorry Pani I missed this post. Don't have time now, but I'll look for it later.
    I don't care what their relationship is either and I actually do think they have SO. That's why I don't understand why it seems like they're trying to mess with fans that might be hoping for something else. To me it looks like they try to stir the pot like HSGP21 said.

I too love the pic from the cbc article!