Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I wish Tess and Scott a merry Christmas (I forgot to add them to my holiday wishes yesterday). And I am happy for them no matter what, if they are happy for themselves with what they have achieved. I just love to see them skate, mistakes or no. They make me feel blessed that they appeared in my lifetime :kickass::respec: :fan:
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

which would make me go into a withdrawal once they retire from amateur competition, like i once did when a/p retired. it might be a while for me to follow ice dance after that. might follow pairs for s/s and v/t, but not so much ice dance
  3. sequins

sequins New Member

Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for the new year! Hope your enjoying the holiday season.
  4. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Yes, merry Christmas to Tessa and Scott and everyone here!
  5. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Except S/S and V/T are most likely going to retire after Sochi too (at least from competition). On the other hand, for me personally, although I'll be sad, it will also be interesting to see all the changes and witness the "new generation" come and take the podium.
  6. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  7. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

8. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I apologize. I had them all in the same file, and edited incorrectly. The FD & EX are correct. I have edited the SD out, and Sylvia has added the correct SD link. Thank you Sylvia.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Hello everybody! I know this is really late, but I hope you all had a great holidays! And happy New Year's in advance. I'm always a little sad around this time because Christmas time is my favorite, but it goes by so quickly. Anyways I'm excited for the second half of the season to start. I'm a little nervous though. I hope Tessa and Scott have not altered their programs to the point where the artistic qualities would be abrogated, but I feel good about the the second half of the season. Can't wait to see them at Nationals!
  11. rainbowkisses

rainbowkisses Banned Member

idk about you guys but i can kinda picture tessa and scott dancing to prokofiev next year idk i have this feeling that they will create a ballet fd for their olympic season
  12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to everyone! Want to let you know during Russian Nationals TAT few times talked about "Carmen" and T-S. She said she
    adore Tessa and Scott. She wish to see in I-K FD all new lifts, like she saw in "Carmen" - nobody did this lifts before.
    Then she did interview with Alla Shehovtsova and asked her about why canadians and americans inaccessible? Shehovtsova said: "Canadians now show all elements with speciall class and quality. They show a lot of creativity and innovated elements. Programs look like whole and you didnt see separately elements and moves - you see the whole dance." TAT saod- i agree with you. And they both prised Zhulin for B-S FD.
    Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir - Mistletoe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7nCW-Cd6k
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  13. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Thank you, Pani. It's good to know that the Russian love for Carmen hasn't diminished and that the creativity and innovative elements are appreciated and praised.
  14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Thnks Pani........a nice little snippit of info after the holiday dry spell :)
  15. girlscouse62

There is a new poll in "trash can" , Best skater(s) to win Jr W, Sr W, Oly G. If you haven't voted yet and you think they deserve it, please go vote.Thanks, pani. Happy New Year to everyone. May the coming year be good for everyone, especially for Tess and Scott
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  16. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to Tessa and Scott. I can not wait to see them at Canadians!!!
  17. rainbowkisses

happy new year everyone!
    i know its a little early to speculate but what kind of song do you think v/m will dance to for their sd next season?
  18. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

well what's the sd rhythm/s for the next season?
  19. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

The dance is the finnstep so I'm guessing
    Polka, waltz and march?
  20. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Since the rhythms for this year are polka, waltz, and march, I think they'd go for something else next year. ;)
  21. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Maybe, I'm just not sure what else would go with finnstep
    Is there a rhythm called quickstep?
    Maybe a jive?
  22. marikat

marikat Active Member

Finnstep plus one or two of the following: foxtrot, charleston and swing :)
  23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! I wish T-S will choose slow foxtrot like second rythm.

Russian style quickstep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAqKkXz5HQQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yjnWgzpXN8

My favorite T-S OD :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJnwxdaMCSk
    For me it will be OK if they will choose this music for OG ;)

Finnstep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHgSYl7pvk

I think this style suit to Tessa and Scott.

I loved CDs especially because girls had such a beautifull dresses for CD :)
  24. rainbowkisses

i like the music you posted pani it kinda reminded me of their 2004 fd (im dying to see them do something like that again) but idk if that fits the style or rhythm of the finnstep
    im kinda hoping to they do a fifties theme swing sd (they were awesome in the fifties theme group number at soi and tessa looks lovely in a full skirt) also the video for the 2005 od is blocked in my country
    but i have a feeling d/w are going to do a fifties theme and maybe dance to sinatra (i also have a feeling d/w going to dance to les miserable tbh i find d/w's music choices so generic and predictable they have yet to prove me wrong)
    tbh sometimes i just wish v/m would've danced to in a persian market for their polka sd (a sped up version of it obviously) i personally find the music suits them well
  25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Hm... Dont know why, but i am sure D-W will use "Swan Lake" for FD at OG (with final SS like in Mao LP). Thats why Marina did ballet in this season SD - this is the part of the way to OG.
    As for SD. I think they could use "Cabaret". It could be good choice to show Davis like a good actress. But from another way - maybe you are right and they could used Sinatra. In this case T-S couldnt made SD in style similar to 2005 OD.
  26. rainbowkisses

hmm its possible they might dance to swan lake but i dont think they have mastered the posture or grace that comes with ballet tbh meryl posture is too stiff and contrived in their sd i kinda feel like they're trying to hard to dance ballet. v/m would be better off with a ballet routine
  27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This will be good choice for OG in Russia, mastepice music and will recive great audience reaction. Plus they work on this style since this season. Meryl is too small and if she will be Swan nobody start talking she is big, but i even cant imaging what people start talking about Tessa/
    Honestly i dont any ideas, what T-S will use for OG. Before i thought this will be strong classic, but they used it this season.
  28. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I hope Tessa and Scott choose a classical piece for the Olympic season. No matter how good modern/contemporary music might be, classical music will always feel "bigger" and it does sound better in the arena. I would have loved to see them do a blues/jazz program, I think they have the maturity now to pull it off, but if they haven't tried it so far, next season isn't the time to do it. They chose the "subtle" route in Vancouver and it worked, but I'm not sure it would be wise to do it again. They need something just as impressive as Carmen, IMO.
  29. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Cannot get the link for the '05 OD to work -- not allowed for viewing in Canada, so I am told. Cannot find another link for that OD either. Drats. Can anyone help?
  30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Ioana, a lot off people thinking T-S will use soft and romantic style for OG again. I think this could happened, but will this work second time?
    I alwayse thinking - why they never used R&J with threre super-connection? But if they didnt this before, i am sure they will not anymore.
    Last OG they open Mahler to the FS fans. Yes, i know about Katya used it before, but this wasnt at competitions and i saw people who hated this music and first but love it after OG. Maybe champions must open something new in FS.
    I agree that classical music will work better, especially if we are talking about couple with such great lines and extentions.
    But V-M in any style show DANCE - modern ballet (like in Mahler), contemporary dance (V=Carmen), ballroom (Latina, valtz). So i am sure this will not be big over-drama, dance will be on first place.
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What about this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDMZDWEG-0
  32. girlscouse62

doesn't seem to work either. thanks for trying pani
  33. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I find with D&W the connection between the two is something they are trying to push more than Meryl as a ballerina and this has me intrigued to see what will be the choices next year for a number of teams. After seeing what V&M have done with Carmen I would love to see what they could do with Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet and I think THEY are the team that can make you forget what A&P did with the same in 1998. I hope if someone in Canton does use this music and theme next year it's V&M and not D&W.
  34. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I think they would be brilliant in "Romeo and Juliet" and Prokofiev's music is just fabulous. I can already picture the nasty comments, though, about them doing "first love again" and blablabla...
  35. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Now i remember at GPF Zueva said something about V-M and D-W will exchange there programs next season. So maybe D-W will made R&J and V-M - POTO or something like this? :D From another hand - White look like Peizerat, so could be next Romeo :p
    I think they work on there connection, because judges said this only one they miss in there skating. So mabe now is all OK ;)
    But i will put my money on SL for D-W.

I think at OG T-S will use more traditional choreo, then this season (even if i wish to see them go in this direction). And traditional R&J could be the next "firsr love".
    I think this season with "Carmen" they show they learned the lesson with PF - better not to show everything new - music and choreo. ;)
  36. pani

pani Well-Known Member

37. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

38. pani

pani Well-Known Member

39. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I love the foxtrot from 2005 so it would be great to see them doing another one that's even more mature.

For the FD I think/hope they will do classical music that is known, but that isn't someone else's signature piece. When people mention Mahler in an ice dance context you know they mean V&M, and you also know who they mean when they mention Air, Carmina Burana, R&J, The Feeling Begins, Memorial, Bolero, etc (even though others have used the music successfully). I don't think they will take R&J even though they could do an amazing job with it.

I wouldn't mind Sleeping Beauty... it's a Russian ballet but it's not overdone and the music is so beautiful. I guess they would be hit with the first love thing though.... maybe Tessa can portray the evil fairy. :D If they want to be voidy, what about The Rite of Spring?
  40. maggylyn

maggylyn New Member

One reason I wouldn't want to see V/M do Romeo and Juliet is that Gordeeva/Grinkov did a program to RJ.

More than once V/M have used music that G/G and/or Katia have already used. If V/M did RJ I would like to see a drastically different version than anything similar to G/G's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pfj5FobkPM