Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. sequins

sequins Active Member

Human nature. Can't resist the urge to see what 'the other side' is talking about and then stir the pot.

Me three. I loved the old one.

i just think by that point in the program they are exhausted and it's just so difficult to make it appear seamless like it has at times in practice. It's like a triple axel at the 4 minute mark.:)I'm guessing they'll change it but i really think it's a shame. If they couuld just nail it, it would be spectacular.

2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. I like the new one. I don't know if I like it better than the old one, but if they leave it in I'll still be happy. But I prefer the old SS.
    Nothing.

3. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Was gonna comment on this, but forgot. Please don't take what bmcg said as an insult to Meryl and Charlie. She was just trying to make me feel better after I got upset at some twitter comments directed at Tessa and Scott. I can't speak for her, but I think she was just trying to make light of the situation. And since the twitter comments were coming from what I highly presume were D/W fans (same ones using an article to call them snobs), I'm guessing that's why she chose the picture she did. Sorry for going back, I just needed to defend her.

4. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Would love to see the CBC version of V/M's free dance..just watched Universal Sports and Tanith was very frustrating. I used to be a big fan of hers as well! ugh!

5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

What did Tanith say?

6. kittysk8ts

kittysk8ts Member

I love the kicky thing!! LOL LOL! It is not unanimous :(

7. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Just bought my tix for National's. Only care about seeing ice dance so really looking forward to seeing Carmen live and in person. I feel really lucky to basically live between London and Mississauga. :)

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Yes, please. I too would like to know since the video is apparenlty unavailable here in Canada.

9. iNap

iNap Active Member

Why V-M fan care what Tanith say? If she repeat all words what V-M fan say V-M fans will call it bias :rofl: bais is not one way lanes in these type of case ;)
    V-M fans love PJ Kwong she is like Scott's grand mother :D

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I have no problem with criticism of another team occurring in this thread. My frustration comes from when criticism of that team actually becomes THE point of the thread more than celebrating and discussing the skater we actually DO like. It's overwhelming, honestly.

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

ITA, Proustable.

12. Golightly

OMG!! LMAO.

13. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm in the U.S. just point me in the right direction and I'll transcribe to you guys.
    Why is it funny that somebody is getting mocked?

15. Golightly

Because it's not serious? It's light, clever trolling and I can laugh? I'm a Federer fan and yet I adore Pseudo Fed on Twitter. It's not a big deal. Not to me anyway.

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

OMG.
    I want to tell you something. When i were on my way at home i met in train to girls, who were at GPF and one journalist. And you know it was funny, like all of us like Tessa and Scorr :D And one girl said- how someone could dislike Tessa? :D Then we found, that husband of one of us like Tessa the most and journalist (man) said he like Tessa the most too - she is so beautifull and great dancer :)
    How we all could be in the same train? I dont know :lol:
    I think T-S need to show they are happy with there skating - this will help us.
    And you know i talked with one old ladie and asked her about last lift and she said - did you saw, what other skaters made on ice? :lol:

17. Golightly

I think they looked happier out there than last year? I checked the gala practices and they seemed in good spirits.

18. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Where have you seen the gala practices, Golightly?

19. Golightly

20. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, i didnt saw Gala - i could missed my train :(
    I think at Gala and banquete at GPF last season they were OK.
    But this time they look OK during medal ceremony, so i think Scott did home work after "piss off" :lol:

21. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think they were prepared for coming second. They have not got the program where they want it to be.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Not sure. Maybe they must be, but i was told Scott wasnt happy with results, but maybe this time they understand - you dont need to ne so open.

23. Golightly

That was my impression too? Even if they wanted to win, of course.

24. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

The artistic mark had to hit Scott ( as it did us). Because the program is so difficult they realize that its shows up the little errors when they occur.

25. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Because I like to hear what commentators from other countries have to say. I've heard the CBC and the British commentators; I'm curious as to what Belbin had to say. I'm sure it be somewhat biased but sometimes she does have an "interesting" perspective on things.

Shayii, I thought I saw it yesterday but can't find it today.

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I could say, that russian Eurosport commentators wasnt happy with judging, because they thought results was known earlier :) That all understand after SD V-M coudnt win this GPF.
    Sport channel commenttors was impressed with D-W FD a lot and were on there side.
    What about British Eurosport? Like i remeber, they love Meryl and harlie FD at NHK

27. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Chris Howarth (who was the commentator at NHK as well) praised Tessa and Scott, but loved Meryl and Charlie a lot too, he said they're in great shape. I think he approved of the results, he said T&S's FD still has mileage in it.

28. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

The french canadian commentator Alain Goldberg said that the juges are fooled by the speed of Meryl and Charlie. The complexity of of the program of Tessa and Scott is not apreciated enough. He also said that the music with lyrics is better for the emotion factor. Sorry for my bad english...:eek:

29. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

That, I agree with.

30. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! :) I agree with Alain Goldberg. And Chris Howarth alwayse try to be polite correct and i like him. I hope he prised T-S FD, but as for D-W - respect there readiness at this point of the season.