Virtue & Moir # 23 - Dance Me To The End Of Love

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Dec 8, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:) Thanks!

Guys, did Radio Canada showed CSOI already?
  2. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

No it's Sunday at 3h00 pm.
  3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  4. CatherineC

CatherineC Member

Hi, where can I watch all ex event? I thought, adress was posted there, but I can't find it :(
  5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Wow. Symmetry.
  7. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but notice how well toned Tessa's arms are. She is so buff, but still very womanly..........lovely.
  8. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Wow. I love how V/M have so many camera-perfect moments. Those pictures were amazing.
  9. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i know im being nitpicky, but there is one thing that i would like tessa to improve on--her fingers. tessa has very graceful and expressive arms, gordeeva arms, but sometimes her fingers dont flow with the rest of her arms. i wish she could have katia's flowing fingers consistently. i know i have brought this up before, and it's still something that bothers me that she does sometimes. someone here mentioned before that the flow stops at her wrists, whereas with katia, the flow comes from her core to her arms, to the tips of her fingers (to paraphrase what i remembered).
  10. whoa

whoa Member

I feel the same about Tessa's hands. I don't know the proper way to describe this, but when she holds her arms up, she often times has her hands in kind of a closed position that breaks the line completely for me. I can't find an exact picture to describe what I'm talking about, but something along these lines:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskat...tue-moir-111030-620-thumb-620xauto-143945.jpg
    http://www.canada.com/sports/2588874.bin?size=620x400s

The way her fingers are stuck together puts a sudden stop to the elegance that the rest of their bodies carry. & perhaps it's more appropriate for the tango piece, but I've seen it in practically all of their programs. I'm extremely nit-picky, so this is probably something that I just have a problem with. I don't think I've seen Meryl or Maia with similar hand motions as often. I wondered if it was a Zoueva technique.
  11. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

there are skaters who I could only *wish* had Tessa's arms -- buff and graceful and expressive. That such expression doesn't extend all the way to her fingertips -- that I can live with. When I see other skaters attempts at being graceful through the arms, well I almost shudder sometimes. And no, this is not a slam at any particular skater(s) in particular.
  12. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I like the way she uses her arms and fingers, particularly in-between holds. I don't know, I feel she groups her fingers gracefully and accordingly. She places her hands ever so gently on Scott's shoulders, she doesn't grab him as others do. Her hands are big so maybe that's why you guys feel she doesn't extend her fingers as well? I don't know, I just saw them in Hallelujah and I was noticing that she's even more graceful these days than, say, a year ago? Which you wouldn't think possible. So, yeah, I don't know.
  13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I see absolutely nothing wrong with how she manages her hands/fingers. With her ballet training, all that would have been instilled in her from an early age. I think her hands and wonderful arms are very expressive and add detail to whatever emotion they endeavour to display. Perhaps I'm not nitpicky enough.
  14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

OMG, feel like i am on GS now :D
    I think you feel free to watch on ideal Meryl and let Tessa along, please :lol:

So, Radio Canada will show CSOI today? Cant wait to see full version.
  15. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Its not she does have the bad extension, line or toe point of some other dancers!
  16. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

yes, you guys arent nitpicky enough ;)

like i said, she has VERY GRACEFUL AND EXPRESSIVE ARMS. did i say ANYWHERE that she has bad lines and extension? im just pointing out one little thing that i feel that tessa needs to work on more, and then you guys blow it up as if im saying she has terrible lines. i just cant help but compare her to gordeeva (similar balletic lines and grace, same choreographer) who i think has the best hand expressions in the business even though she's not an ice dancer.
  17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone blew anything out of proportion, we just disagreed with you, and it's ok to do that I would assume :)
  18. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

i know not all would agree, especially the ubers, but like some have replied it's like im saying that tessa has bad lines and extension, and no toe point at all, when all im pointing out are her hands for goodness sake. and did i say anywhere that it's NOT OK to disagree?
  19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Honestly is nothing personal. Just disagreement in one point. At least this is uber thread ;)
    My reaction was so strong, just because i just read GS and were angry on what people are saying about V-M :lol:
  20. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

and just because it's an uber thread, we can't put out constructive criticisms?

well i guess not
  21. pani

pani Well-Known Member

No, but i hope we will not come to "fat Tessa" in this thread soon :lol: And maybe i dont like this, because all about D-W is perfection.
    I didnt pay so much attention to Tessas fingers, so maybe i need to pay more attention to this. Sometime i noticed Scott hand not such great, like Tessas. For example in SD, where Tessas hands in 5 position, but Scott not look like ballet dancer :D But in my opinion - its compare to Tessa, but not to other guys, who didnt pay attention to this at all.
  22. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

c'mon, pani, you're assuming again that im comparing tessa to meryl, someone else did. can you read my posts again? did i even mention meryl in my posts about this? i just mentioned katia gordeeva.

it's just that tessa's expressions in soft, mellow programs like hallelujah remind me of katia's in programs like vocalise, and the softer programs tend to highlight the little details more. and because of katia's images in vocalise that make me find tessa's hand expressions a bit distracting sometimes.
  23. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

I don't see the need to include D/W in this conversation other than to stir the pot, so let's just not.

Of course we can, it's just that the ubers' protective instincts come out when the constructive criticism coincides with a load of nasty criticism going on in other parts of the web.:)

I'm another one who hasn't noticed anything wrong about Tessa's hands. I absolutely love the way she uses her arms in both programs this season, and in Carmen especially.
    That doesn't mean, however, that different opinions can't be expressed.
  24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I know, i just try to explane my reaction on criticism =s in this thread.
    Like i said before, maybe i need to pay more attention to Tessas fingers.
    And i wish T-S will use Vocalise for OG. With some modern choreo from Swan :D
  25. iggie

iggie New Member

forget it.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think they will change this lift before Nationals.
    Honestly i like original SS more - it better going with music and get level 3, like news one. Nut they have team arround them who know better, what they need to do.
  27. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I actually think we spend a lot of time criticizing V&M and their work here, much more than in other threads around the site. Last year we did nothing BUT criticize their programs ;)

This year many have expressed the thought they need to tighten up the concept of their SD and wondered about the final choreographic lift (whether they should persevere or find something just as suitable artistically that would work).

It seems to me one of the problems is people questioning the motives of what people are posting here which I think has a lot to do with the tone and negativity V&M are getting at goldenskate. I don't read there regularly so not sure the whole hand thing is a topic over there but I have read it before somewhere. Regardless the bias over there is so strong and negative that I think if you do feel sensitive you should probably avoid it until April 2014 :D But as zilam said, the hand thing is a petty nitpick that it shouldn't be anything for anyone to get upset about. And I don't think that three posters disagreeing with you is also something to get upset about ;)
  28. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thats what i try to say :D And i try find place, where i could relax and didnt read all that negative posts about V-M.
    Its funny, that at GS you could post everything about V-M, but nothing bad about there rivals :D
  29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Could someone give me link to Radio Canada translation? I thought CSOI must be shown now...
  30. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Am watching CSOI on the web now (Radio Canada). Love it.
  31. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Give me link, please
  32. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

33. pani

pani Well-Known Member

34. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

35. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

No, just the first part. And they're going to show the Up number too.

For those who watched from the beginning, was Hallelujah in the first 20 minutes or so? Cause I think I've missed it.
  36. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I'm on now. They're showing the Up number!
  37. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes, they showed Hallelujah in the first 20 minutes. This was pure sex :eek: I missed first 10 minutes.
    Up is so cute i was in tears after it, and after W-P FD too.

I missed guys in red jackets :(
  38. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I miss je suis malade. The four stops were funny and Up was just so cute, I think Tessa and Scott could do very well if they went into acting after figure skating. Also I know I wasn't really a fan of ANMHE, but I kinda miss it after seeing it just now. They'll probably bring it back for next season.
  39. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

Hallelujah, sex?!:) I'd say it's more intense longing and sensuality...

Yes, "Up" was very cute and sad.

It looked a bit rough at Worlds, as it was the first performance of it (and they weren't totally at ease with the choreography during practice), but it got better and better as the CSOI tour progressed. I really like the program and they clearly enjoy it.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  40. pani

pani Well-Known Member

And all guys in towels on there way to the shower :lol:
    And Scott without shirt before closing number again. I must say he is bigger now :D

I think this dress work better with CSOI lightning. And Tessa is such a great dancer :) I think she love skating in show more then competitions. And Scott is more competitor.
    And they did there huge even at show ;)