Virtue - Moir #19 New Beginnings

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jul 3, 2012.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

New Beginnings :)

2. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Now all we need to know is their programs and we could have something new to discuss. The suspense is killing me and I dont want the fan wars to end up killing each other.

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

We all need vacation ;)
    Cant wait, when my will start.

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Going back to the ATS stuff, I'd be surprised if Tessa and Scott didn't at least get invited. Kim has stated multiple times that Trssa and Scott are some of her favorite skaters ever.

5. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Very likely they were and couldnt go.

6. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Holy Moly....I'm not here for a couple of days and we have a major debate, discussion, and a new thread. I think and hope we should perhaps only have to wait another few weeks until we get some news. You industrious posters will let the rest of us slackers know, of course :). By the time most of us get back from our holidays, the new season will be beginning..........wheeee!!!! I just hope that whatever they choose to do this year that we will all love it.

7. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

That's a tall order. I don't know that it's ever happened.

With the Igor-Marina split, this coming season there are new circumstances and people to blame for choices that half the people won't like.

8. Subway

Subway New Member

It will still be the same person to "blame" for Tessa and Scott's career hitting the skids with yet another godawful program where they dance on ice and relate to each other as man and woman. Fingers cross the program has neither of those things. My .02 is "half" is exagerated by a lot, but I know what you mean. ;)

9. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

By the way, back in the previous thread, I never implied that Funny Face was a bad program, in fact, quite the contrary, I've said so in the past. I was just pointing out that opinions can be so feeble when you let yourself listen to what many people say instead of forming your own views when evaluating a program. Just wanted to clear that out.

I also think it is very valid to question where Funny Face stands in comparison with other programs and to question the program itself in terms of what would have made it better? To me, and this is just an opinion, Funny Face was greatly misunderstood and combined with the fact that you have two gifted ice dancers making everything look simple, well, there you have it. But I think there were things that could have made it even better, music and choreography-wise, though my problem was more with the music cuts.

Now, I think it was a stressful, but successful season. My favorite outing was Four Continents, you could see they were on a mission there. I loved the attitude. And it was the first time I watch Funny Face and loved it, positively loved it. :)

10. maggylyn

I think you're right. A lot of the criticisms throughout the season had to do with a specific dislike of the music and the style that went along with that, in representing something from several decades ago. I loved FF but I'm sure a lot of it had to do with my love of the classic American musicals and familiarity with all things Astaire and Hepburn. Tessa and Scott really did portray their characters with depth and intricate layers of choreography. They just made it look so effortless.

During the season I wondered if a change of costumes might have helped. In the movie, Audrey doesn't become a fashion goddess till the very end, but Tessa and Scott chose to highlight that "princess" aspect, instead of the bohemian/intellectual girl of the movie. I liked the costume concept from the very first outing, in the Finlandia competition. It was still from the end of the movie (a wedding) but it maintained the charming simplicity of the character. I never did like Scott's costume in FF.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I post this at Fan Forum. I think in ice dance more important to use innovative choreo, that to use unknown music (especially if this music in traditional style).
    So maybe we will never see this, but it will be cool if someone will made innovated FD on some overused music (even on "Swan Lake" :))

12. martyross

martyross New Member

whattttt? yea to fan wars :lol: "controversies" are the real soul of this thread series otherwise it would make me snore. if you all want to argue, you have my green light :lol:

13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:lol: Silly me...and here I thought it was merely a heated discussion ;)

As long as we're active, it says we care :)

14. Macassar88

Maybe they can do Bondage Swan ala Shizuka?

Anyway, my favorite costume for Tessa in FF would be something similar to what she wore for Pink Floyd.
    And I love Funny Face (as I have loved every one of their programs). I loved the choreography and how well they sold it. I hope they continue to choose music that stretches their artistry next season because they're gonna be in Canada (hopefully:shuffle:).
    Although their detractors are going to criticize whatever they skate to.

15. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

16. Macassar88

Great pics! Thanks a bunch! Really reminds me of how much I miss "I wanna hold your hand"

Also, welcome to our group of fans! Post often!

17. Daniskates93

Yes, that program was very beautiful!
    I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

18. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Hi gang, thanks for the new thread, pani. Wow, I was without my computer for a few days :( and I miss all the controversy! Who woulda thunk discussion of chocolate truffles and Tessa's dresses could become so heated :D :lol: Can't wait to hear about new programmes. I will love them no mater what. I loved FF, their elegance and beautiful skating and dancing was truly wonderful, imho. I liked Mahler more because I adore that music. I don't care what they do as long as they keep skating, and preferably competing. Just wanted to add I love your photos Dani.

19. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Macassar88..I'm assuming you're referring to the first Pink Floyd dress ? it was an absolute dream.

20. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I assumed Macassar88 was referring to the all black outfits. I really liked the simplicity.

21. Macassar88

I was referring to the black dress. Although I really liked the fancy one, I don't think it would make sense with Funny Face.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just want to say i love red dress, but dont like Scotts outfit in FF.
    But i thought Tessa and Scott will made exibition version of FF and Tessa will change her outfit 3-4 times :)

23. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I am sure that Tessa will enjoy changing her outfits. I love her dress myself. Did anyone notice that Dube had a similar outfit last year but in a slightly different shade.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. This was old Dube drsss. I think she skated in this dress in CSOI with Bryce on Elton Jhon song in 2010.

25. maggylyn

26. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I've been following your updates (the additional SD and FD pics) and waiting/hoping for gala pics and these do not disappoint. These are beautiful. I could practically feel the texture of their costumes in these photos. :cool:

27. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  28. Daniskates93

Thank you all!! I'm so glad you like them! :)
    I love almost all of Tessa's dresses, they're so, so beautiful and Scott would look good in almost anything ;)

29. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

The costume detail revealed in some of your gala photos at large size is remarkable. Adding my voice to the appreciation. :)

30. Daniskates93

Oh yay! This was my first time at Nationals with accreditation and I was so excited! I'm so glad Nats is in Mississauga next year because it's only about an hour from where I will be starting school! :)