Virtue/Moir #16: You can't blame me for feeling amorous

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by martyross, Mar 31, 2012.

1. martyross

martyross New Member

Next stop: Free Dance competition @ World Team Trophy, April 20th.
  2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great........perfect title....we're all amorous over Tessa and Scott :D. So neat to have another competition to check out.........I don't know if it will be televised here in Canada but here's hopin'. It would be great to have it on "Bold", or even cbc.ca.
  3. martyross

martyross New Member

Yes and they can't blame us for that :D
    Afaik raisport will show wtt so at least there will be YT videos soon.
  4. martyross

martyross New Member

Yes and they can't blame us for that :D
    Afaik raisport will show wtt so at least there will be YT videos soon.
  5. sequins

sequins New Member

Just noticed the new title :lol: Good choice! Glad you went with that one.:lol:

LOL at that article. Too funny. Good for them.

Nice picture too! I'm thinking we'll definitely see that tomorrow.:)
  6. iggie

iggie New Member

7. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Very very trivial question but I'm very curious, why are world medals so small? Does it contain or are made up of high quantity of real gold, silver, bronze? Some special Druid amulet or voodoo incantation? I mean it's the sports biggest event next to the Olympics and my best in science medal in grade school is bigger (even though of course it's insignificant to what the medalist have achieved. :lol:) I mean TS now have 5 worlds medals and combined, it all probably would look still puny next to the Olympic medal. Like I said very trivial, but perplexing and rather amusing to me...

TFTNT by the way, and nice title. I hope nobody misunderstand it as something shippy. :lol:

ETA: Searching for pics. It seems the photographers from photo agencies got rather stingy with FD pictures they want to share in the web. Can't wait until the gallery.ru photographers upload their pics. They are much better anyway. I hope pani will be back by that time to give is some links. (Please?) :)
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

9. elle123

elle123 New Member

Great thread name!

I think I'm more happy about Scott and Tessa's plans to compete in Sochi than I am of their win this week. Don't want to jinx it but it seems the pain is finally a non-issue for Tessa.
  10. Bue

Bue New Member

Most excellent thread title! I too am so excited that we've got confirmation of them going through to Sochi, that I'm not even going into my regular post-season slump :) (Now if Scott would just stop referring to the "twilight of their career"... way to kill my happy buzz!
  11. IoanaC

IoanaC Active Member

:)Spoiler for the upcoming gala: Tessa and Scott's new exhibition is on "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Almost all new choreo, except for a few steps from the SD. It's still a bit rough, but it's going to be great once they've practiced it enough. I think the program really showcases their wonderful dancing qualities. Can't wait to watch it in the show later.
    Watching the gala practice was much more fun than I'd thought. Nice to see the skaters relaxed and interact with each other. Scott and Trankov were hyper as usual, always joking around, just unable to stand still in a straight line, as the announcer kept telling them.:) There were some really funny moments during the rehearsal for the finale.
  12. Sahararainfall

Sahararainfall New Member

Thanks for the updates IoanaC! Funny because I was singing that song after their 4cc win. With it being in Colorado and all. Was it the Marvin Gaye version? That's dancier I think. No spoilers for the costume? Am I asking too much? :lol: Have a great time Ioanna!
  13. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Lucky you. I always love gala rehearsals. It's nice to see the top skaters relaxed and having fun.
  14. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Anyone know where the exhibition is streaming today??? Radio canada?
  15. martyross

martyross New Member

16. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

17. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

18. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Thanks!!
  19. martyross

martyross New Member

ahahah that made me grin...all their programs rolled in one :-D
  20. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

It was a fun gala performance for them...it must have been just put together for this event.
  21. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

what a glittering outfit for Tessa in the gala...love it.
  22. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

I loved it... most importantly, they look like they were having so much fun , in a "eh, this program is new, we're really having to think it through, but hell lets just have fun together and laugh" kind of way.
  23. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I wish Tessa and Scott had skated to Dirty Dancing at the gala, it would have been such a hot dance.:hat1:

Not sure the music for V/M's new ex number is my cup of tea but their dance was pretty entertaining to watch. Nice and cute.:)
  24. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Yes. It was new and rough and didn't really like the dress but what stood out the most was they seemed happy and just wanted to enjoy themselves.
  25. sequins

sequins New Member

I agree, it was rough, and the dress was not my fave either but I can see it progressing if Scott can stop goofing off in practice:D and the best part was they looked like they had so much fun together being the champs again.

That article, first off I agree I hate hearing 'the twilight of our career' it's makes it sound like they're ancient. I hope they can keep the philosophy/attitude that they have up to Sochi, it's a good one and I like the comment some one posted on the bottom '"The secret to failure is trying to please everybody'

Lastly, I hate 'the hunted/hunter' BS it reminds me of Elvis and he was on t.v. just yesterday, semi-bashing Chan and rambling on about 'the hunter & the hunted:rolleyes:" Why the Canadian media has latched onto that term I will never no, but quit it.
  26. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

"Ain't No Mountain" is one of my favorite songs ever. The program is still rough, and you can tell they're having to pay more attention to remembering the steps instead of performing, but I already sort of love this. I think it'll be fantastic once they've had a chance to get comfortable with it.

I have mixed feelings on the dress. It's very appropriate for the time period that the song is from, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
  27. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

28. sequins

sequins New Member

Seriously, I've always wondered the same thing. It looks like it the size of a penny:lol:
  29. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

That was cute! Too bad the ISU never did the disco OD/SD.

from the article:
    Since when was Marina saying that?
  30. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

She said that in an interview. I don't have a link, but I remember reading it last week or earlier this week, I can't remember that either :shuffle:
  31. aka_gerbil

I know. I was deprived of a B/A Disco OD and it makes me very sad.

I've seen that Marina quote in quite a few articles this week, and I'm scratching my head too, because I don't remember at all her saying V/M's scores were too low at the GPF.
  32. martyross

martyross New Member

yes she did in one of the pre-worlds articles...just before the SD.
  33. martyross

martyross New Member

ISU is stingy :D
  34. aka_gerbil

I know she did. I may be misinterpreting, but I felt like in the articles it was trying to be insinuated that she said that at the time of the GPF, which I'm sure she didn't.
  35. martyross

martyross New Member

ahahahah...this. makes me immediately think of Scott and Tessa sitting on rocky chairs before a fireplace, recalling the good old days with a crocky voice. it also reminds of vampires and stuff.
  36. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Maybe she is bandwagon-jumping after the win at 4CC... :shuffle:

or maybe Fedor and Meryl broke up
    :EVILLE:
  37. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

The exhibition is okay - I love watching them any time - so thanks for sharing the link as I slept in today and don't get to see it until tonight on CBC.

I always enjoy their exhibitions - but generally I don't go back and watch too many of them. They are probably too busy trying to be the best they can be with their competition programs and being careful with Tessa's legs- but I think they could have much better EX programs than they tend to.

I know some people say it's cheesy - but I loved their ballet / hockey guy program.
  38. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

Right around the time where people started to write in places like this that 1) They should jump ship and leave Canton b/c S/Z were pulling their weight behind D/W and 2) When others started to say that V/M won 4CC and Worlds because Scott complained.
  39. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Can someone remember specifically whether Marina said this immediately after 4CC vs just before Worlds? I seem to recall the latter but can't be certain.
  40. martyross

martyross New Member

she said that on March 26th.

"Even on Monday, following their first practice here, the couple’s coach Marina Zoueva — she also coaches Davis and White — was not letting go of that allegedly misjudged event: “The marks were a little bit low, definitely under-marked."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/artic...-their-twilight-no-matter-what-the-judges-say

to me it sounds like she was criticizing the judges more than implying that TS were better than DW.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012