Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Great first post twinktwink and please don't go into hiding we need energy like this on the thread, lol I don't feel so pessimistic anymore.

Pani, if I remember correctly Tessa cut up that gold dress didn't she? It's more open now.

2. sequins

sequins Active Member

Don't hide twinktwink we need you. I'm trying to get the positive energy going too. Come on guys! What happens at the end of the season will happen but this is what we've got for the time being and I still don't think it's bad at all. V&M can still win, I have no doubt and mistakes can happen to anyone. Win or lose I know they'll be spectacular because in the end they've always pulled it off. I'm not giving up I still want to enjoy and have hope, even if I'm living in that world by myself.:D

3. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

My very first memories of watching skating are Toller Cranston who never won gold -IIRC for a number of reasons including politics / judges style preference / figures.

But what a joy he was to watch! And what I especially remember is him doing huge split jumps over the boards. I was really young and then we went to see a Toller Cranston skating show and it was so inspiring.

Throughout the years since - some of my favourite skating to watch and be inspired by have been non-gold medal performances - sometimes because they didn't have the technical skill to win, sometimes because of politics, sometimes because they were amazing but those who placed above them did more things to garner points.

I know that V and M will not be satisfied with anything less than winning. That is why they are as amazing as they are.

I know there is at least some chance that if they don't win - it will be because of politics - whether it be at Canton or within the judging.

But the bottom line is if they don't win at Worlds - no matter how much we believe it is unfair or wrong or politics or because they should change coaches - I am going to try really hard to not let it interfere with loving watching them skate.

I saw them for the 1st time at Nationals in 2004 and since then they have been one of my very very favourite things about skating.

I am enthralled by them, never ever EVER bored by them, and unbelievably inspired. The programs of theirs that aren't my favourites still fly by and they draw me in - even when they have mistakes. The programs that are my favourites - well I go back to them again and again and each time is magic. And I don't care who at FSU makes fun of me or scoffs when I say that - they are magic.

I very much want them to achieve what they want.

But as a fan - I just feel so grateful that they have continued to skate as it is a privilege to watch them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    maggylyn and (deleted member) like this.
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Yes. But i wish she used it because i think this dance will look even more hot with this dress. Yes, they could had dedaction at 4CC, but if they show there best skating and people will show support to them, its will be good for WCh.

I maybe only 1 like her first FD dress at 4CC as season. I think if she will used this cut, but some different colors, it could be great. But she could made this for 4CC- not enough time.

I an sure- Tessa dont need to wear this pink dress - beeter to save it for exibitions :)
    And she never use green color

5. sequins

sequins Active Member

:respec: If they make fun of you I'm right there with ya. You said it all. I'm in 150% agreement. I LOVE THEM & in my eyes THEY ARE THE BEST so there.

6. twinktwink

twinktwink New Member

Thankyou Shayii! lol I'm glad I could help to give you a little boost.

Thanks too sequins!- I'm going to do my best to help get the good times rolling again!

Accordion - I'm in love with your entire post! I'm with you too, let others make fun if they want, everything you put is the truth!

Something that I take to heart is what past competitors say about V/M and so much of it is positive and that tells me that they're clearly appreciated by people that have been where they are now and know the pressures they must feel at times.

One thing that always sticks with me is what Robin Cousins said at the Olympics after the FD. I remember his commentary contained lots of gushing at the time lol but afterwards it seems like he went about everywhere telling as many people as he could about how he thought V/M were the perfect combination of T/D and G/G.

He has always come across as someone that's not easily wowed and can be quite picky and for him to say that seemed like it was a big deal to me. He had been saying nice things in his commentaries for the 2 years preceding the Olympics too but that was the best thing I'd heard him say, I wish the BBC had covered last year's Worlds because I would have loved to hear what he'd had to say about the FD.

In the end all credit goes to Tessa and Scott for making me feel so positive for them. When I see talent and hard work like theirs and the results it brings on the ice I feel like no matter what direction some people high up in the sport may want ice dance to go in there will always come a team that will take it back to the roots of dance where it looks at its best and captures the people that really care about the sport. lol hope that doesn't come across too cheesy :)

7. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

You know what now that I think about it I wouldn't be surprised if she does wear that gold dress at 4CC. Lets see, I don't think she'll go back to the pink dress lol, she could wear the blue dress again, the one she wore for their FD last year at 4CC, then the gold dress. And of course she could have a new. I would love to see a green dress it would look wonderful and it would match her eyes, but IDK apparently there's a superstition with the color green?

Twinktwink you don't come across as cheesy to me, but if you do I don't care, gush as much as you want :D. And great post The Accordion!

8. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

the blue dress just felt sterile with me. if it had fringes, then it could work better. to me, fringes enhance movements in a latin dance. if that blue dress also had a sexier asymmetrical cut, it would work with the rhumba feel more.

9. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

You are so right. I am mostly positive, but I, too, have given in a little too much to the dark side. I plan to enjoy their skating at 4CC & Worlds.

10. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I think that they would get flack for using a golden dress since she used it last year. I like the pink one, actually.

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

The tekkies at Nats may have unwittingly done them a huge favor by lowballing them. They will come back with a vengeance!!! For most of their senior years competing, injury has plagued them and not their closest competitors, so they have had to fight hard for everything so far. They are not complacent as a team and Tessa (in particular) has more guts for a little lady than anyone in the business of ice-dance. I think their experiences and problems thoughout the years bodes well for them and their future.:)

12. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But pink is unlucky :(

13. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

This^^^

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

What about light green?

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

16. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

17. zilam98

zilam98 New Member

18. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

What if they're just too expensive and they can't get a new dress? :D No, I think Scott all in black is fine, but Tessa should try something sexier, with color. I agree that the gold dress is a good idea, even if it has a different cut now.

19. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Great posts, Twinktwink! I love your positive attitude, and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

and I love your post too, Accordion. They really are magic...one of the best dance teams ever, IMO.

I am with Clarie, I think the tech panel's assessment at nationals will only push them. Considering Tessa is adjusting to changes in her stroking style this season, I would expect V&M to make the biggest improvement of all the teams. I have faith that they will deliver :kickass: performances at 4CC and will save their best for Worlds. I was so impressed with their FD at nationals--I still can't stop watching it! At least I have that to tide me over until 4CC:)

20. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

On NBCs broadcast at the end of the dance event they were showing D&W backstage with Marina gesturing that they need more eye contact and Charlie says "between the two of us". I'm sure it's something that Marina is always working on with them because it doesn't come naturally. I've often had the impression that Charlie is indifferent to Meryl.

Regarding Virtue and Moir seeing their SD in the Shibs SD, maybe they don't care? This isn't the first time that Marina and Igor have given similar moves/programs to their teams. In the Oly year, the Shibs did that same move in their FD that Tessa and Scottt did at the end of Mahler. And I seem to recall Chock and Zuerlein having some of the same moves/lifts as Davis and White.

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  21. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

And there are some lifts and moves that are just in Every Coach's Manual of Stock Lifts and moves.

They are not proprietary to any team.

They are dance's version of the spread eagle or the Charlotte; just stuff everybody can pick to do. The Shibs final rotational lift is like that in the FD.

22. sequins

sequins Active Member

I'm sorry but I actually find the 'between the two of us' quote quite funny. I don't know how he phrased it, if he meant it in a questioning/are you serious? tone but I think it's actually kinda cute, but I agree Meryl's ready and willing and Charlie is a bit indifferent at times, he just seems a bit uncomfortable. He's probably seen the maniac V&M shippers and wants to avoid it like the plague:lol:

23. EB8

EB8 New Member

Love how Marina and Igor both go to US Nationals with Meryl and Charlie yet only Marina comes to Canadian Nationals. I mean I know they do have more teams there but still . . .

24. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

Somebody had to stay to get the teams ready for US Nationals.

25. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Igor was also with Tobias/Stagniunas at Euros for practices and the SD.

26. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

To be fair, there's only one Canadian team they're training, whereas there are, what, three American teams? So you need both coaches there, I'm sure. And, hey, the way I see things, Marina is V-M's coach, Shpilband doesn't seem to do much anymore.

27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Also, V&M pretty much had the Nationals title in the bag. There are Z&S teams that needed that extra bit of politicking to get the results they wanted (it didn't happen, but whatever).

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Really? But how can we know that without being at their practices, or do you know something :sekret: ?

29. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

It is true that lately, Marina has been the one accompanying V/M.

Early in their career, both Igor and Marina were there or Igor alone would be there.

Perhaps they think V/M no longer need politiking since they are the reigning Olympic champions.

Or perhaps Skate Canada does not provide as much funding as the USFSA.

So maybe we fans should raise some funds so V/M can fly Igor (in addition to Marina) to their competitions.:lol:

30. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Who was with them for the FD?

I'd rather put the money towards making sure Scott doesn't wear that snakeskin shirt anymore ;) Back in black with a white square on the back with the #80 and put her in something glittery and sexy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.