Virtue - Moir #14 V&M - The Future's so Bright, I Gotta wear Shades

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

New thread. Hope now, when we go over 13 thread, the future will be bright :lol:

2. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

That´s the spirit :lol:

eta...I changed my signature for a more optimistic one :D

3. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I know D&W got a great score with nationals inflation that I wish Canada had given V&M, if only because of the attitude of V&M ubers that this is all over, and D&W are going to win and V&M are making changes, so they'll lose. This air of invincibility over D&W winning is beginning to annoy me. I happen to think anything can happen.

4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Now i am wonder - why for try different choreo, change coaching skaters need to be in so bad poitikal situation?
    If V-M did this last season we could see different situation now. Maybe it will not be better, but they could bring good results for future. Now, if they will change coaches, they need to spend minimum 1 year to develop new work, new lifes....

This season they look at each other - this what Zueva teach them to do this season.

How do you think - V-M see there SD skated by Shibs?

5. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Trust me, if/when V/M change coaches, skating will be both their work and their lives... kind of like it already is.

Also, it's not a situation where they'd need to do a bunch of work on incorrect technique or anything like that.

6. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I continue to think people are exaggerating. Deep down, we all know when a result is inflated, so I ask you, were V-M really inflated? Were D-W's? I have my doubts. If V-M had gotten all level 4 their score would be nearing 116. They can do this, people.

It's pretty much how they dance, they are used to it. By the way, I mean this honestly, I am not in any way making fun of them, I'm merely stating a fact.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

What a low score for Shibs in FD - 106.23/ Its because they didnt skate V-M FD? :lol:

Now i understand what Shpilband mean, when he talked about we give all the same things - they give them the same programs :lol:Maybe V-M didnt pay money for this choreo, thats why Marina gave it to Shibs?
    Honestly, i like Shibs, but what Marina doing?

8. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Yes, they can. I'm getting tired of some peoples' freaking out.:rolleyes:

9. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

shibs way overscored weaver and poje have overtaken them in performance execution and their interpretation is so much better than them but its a very safe program weaver and poje took big risk with their fd and it should be rewarded.

10. iggie

iggie Well-Known Member

gala tonight on tsn

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what risk did W-P have in FD?

12. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

I was talking about after they skate, when it's over. I did not really look at the SD and thought V&M, so I'll have to look over it again. Are you sure it's the same?

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Turn off music and watch at the same time. Notice Maia hair style, dress? Tell please, what do you think about this.

14. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

Pani skating to a lara fabian song about being heartsick could have been a disaster melodramatic, plus Camerlengo said that at nationals but their interpretation is truly flawless they way they weave the coreography and the elements you forget that in that free dance. I just feel they are not getting the same level of support from skate canada that the Shibs are with USFSA they were lowballed twice by crone and poirier. If they don`t medal this year skate canada will start supporting gilles and poirier.

15. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think W-P have a lot off the same elements from last years. And you know, now all doing this. It was funny, when during P-B FD at ECh Zhulin said: "O, this is our step sequence. They didnt change single step from last year".

16. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

I have no doubt that V/M can outskate D/W at Worlds.
    It's just whether the judges will reward them for it.
    But that is out of their control.
    Let's just all think positively and wish them the best skates since there's nothing we can do about the marking anyway.

17. Golightly

If we're to talk about recycling. That's something the judges seem to be rewarding these days, too. Not that there's any rule against it, but you would think that originality is valued in this sport. It used to be.

18. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Sigh...things are getting chaotic around here (something I've probably added to in my moments of paranoia :shuffle:), but everybody just come down and let's just see how things will play out. TBH at this point I don't think T/S will beat D/W but I'll pray that I'm wrong. When is 4CC anyways, it can't happen soon enough.

Sliver I don't understand what this has to do with Weaver and Poje and why you insist on bringing them up regarding anything that as to do with T/S :rolleyes:.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  19. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

When did Camerlengo say that? In an article?

20. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

Who cares if the do! All the teams are doing it.

21. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

The Shibs score is basically what W/P got at Canadians. And about 7 marks higher than P/B at Euros. I think the Euros judging is probably more accurate.

22. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

23. Golightly

These are the facts. In the only instance they competed at the same event this season, Scott fell and V-M skated a sub-par SD, but won the FD. So, I ask this: why is it that you think it is impossible for V-M to defeat D-W at Worlds? I think it will be close, but I won't emphatically say that V-M are doomed for the season. I don't see things that way, but maybe that is just me.

24. aka_gerbil

Those are my feelings on the situation, exactly. Do I think Tessa and Scott can outskate D/W at 4CC and Worlds? Absolutely. Do I think they will: Absolutely. I just don't know if the medals are going to match the skating. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened in ice dance.

In this case, I'm more amused than anything else because of an article awhile back where P/B said that Krylova/Camerlingo (yeah, I totally just butchered the spelling) still consult with Zhulin about them over the phone.

25. aka_gerbil

I will be called crazy for this, but politics.

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Golightly I don't think that it's impossible that T/S can beat D/W, I just think D/W have the edge and momentum right now, that's all. But like I said I hope I'm wrong.

27. Golightly

Momentum can swing. It wouldn't be the first time it does, it something that happens. I think D-W have skated that program to their full potential whereas V-M have not yet. That makes me think they could win it. Of course, I could be wrong, but who knows? They might come up with two spectacular skates that day.

28. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

What i don`t understand is why are they so damn nervous know they should just skate the orginal programs they had at the start of they year and just concentrate on getting the levels. I feel all these changes were unnecessary they had a great score in the fd at gp final. They should just polish the programs i feel this obssession about beating D&W has gone to their head just skate naturally and let the judges vote.

29. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

After seeing the D&W FD, I totally agree.

30. Golightly

I agree with this. But people talk and skaters find out. That builds pressure. It's so mental, they feel at a disadvantage, not on the ice precisely but the media say that it won't be enough and people here say it won't be enough and they know that's what's being said. So, wouldn't you be nervous too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.