Virtue - Moir #11 Golden silver

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Jul 7, 2011.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:) Yes, William not Albert, Monaco Prince, who know about sport a lot.
    But i am sure Tessa were happy be there.

Could we discuss music for them? i wis they will made ex on popular in Canada song or singer.

Article about Elena Grinenko (Thanks Sylvia - she post it in D-W tread).
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110707&content_id=21534184&vkey=ice_news

Its all about D-W, but i am wonder - did Tessa-Scott really never saw Maxim Kozhevnikov and Yulia Zagoryuchenko on youtube? Dont belive in this.....
    And D-W reall boss - they LET Grinenko work with other teams in Canton - funny

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  2. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

3. pani

pani Well-Known Member

4. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

I feel like I say this every year, but I'd LOVE to see something bluesy.

5. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

And I would like to see something smolderingly hawt and bluesy. They could do something like that justice and then some. I'd also like to see Tessa in something sexy but classy.

6. Bue

Bue Active Member

OlieRow, I think you do say that every year :) But it is a *great* suggestion. We definitely need more sexy action from these two!

7. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

The Diana Krall section of their free dance this year was blues :)

8. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

I thought her gold FD dress from Worlds was sexy but classy.

:)

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

So most of the fans want to see blues from them - they need read this :)
    And its was fanny to see Scott and Tessa during Chock-Bates video interview. So they are working in Canon - fingers crossed

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

OK........gold was nice but "red" is sexier :lol:, and whatever she wears is classy and tastful...she has amazing fashion sense.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

When we saw this golden dress first - we was in shock. I think this golden dress must be in fashion musium :lol:
    You wish sexy red dress for bluesy FD? ;)

12. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing something more theatrical from them. Scott loves to play character and Tessa's got some firepower she's rarely called upon to use (check out her expression at the end of the flamenco straight line step sequence. Throatcatching intensity).

Blues is a solid pick too.

13. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  14. laire

laire Member

15. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

^

Haha! (Now try it on the ice with skates, guys, and let go of the hand!)

Looks like they're having fun. :)

16. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This is absolutely one of my favorite programs ever. I'd love, love, love to see Scott and Tessa do something to the blues as well.

If not blues, and I know this probably won't happen, I'd love for Christopher Dean to choreograph something for them.

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think this is a dream for all there fans :) But look like this never will happened :(

Some russian FS fans think Scott look like Gérard Philipe in "Fan-Fan la tulipe" 1952 movie and wish they will made danc eon music from this old movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044602/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHl0QDu8XPc

18. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

If Christopher Dean choreographed Crone/Poirier's FD of last season, I am sorry to say it but I was less than thrilled and it seems that program didn't have much of an impact on the judges either although Vaness and Paul are excellent skaters. With all due respect to legendary Dean.

carolina and (deleted member) like this.
  19. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In this case i feel Dean made FD for him and Jane - this FD coul be exellent for team with such a greate lines, pure skating and inside connection, like T-D has. And i think V-M could really show best side of his choreo.
    I read Europian FS fans like this FD. The only thing is "uplifting". But i think T-S could take this risk if they wish to mad esomethin different in ice dance.

20. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

This, exactly this. I think Tessa and Scott have the ability to pull of some of Dean's more voidy and difficult choreography in a way that would be just magic, if it were ever allowed to happen.

21. Proustable

Proustable New Member

But do you think that has to do with Dean's choreography or the fact that the team didn't progress throughout the season due to personal difficulties? It did win them a gold, silver and bronze on the GP circut, after all, as well as a Canadian title.

22. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

C/P FD was a really nice program but it seemed that it just couldn't convince the judges enough to mark it over 91-92 and that was the magic mark that most of the young teams were aiming this season.But I always thought it was more a Paul than a Vanessa type of program.
    I don't know if I want Dean to work with Tessa and Scott.It may have to do with the fact that I was never a T/D big fan in the first place.
    I'm not sure what the judges mean by "uplifting" and Ican't see every single team doing upbeat programs thinking that's what the judges want.Are Blues considered to be uplifting in this case.V/M and Blues would be really something to behold

23. Proustable

Proustable New Member

I presume uplifting means more of emotional upswing as opposed to actually "makes me happy." Not that that clarifies things much, but it does give a broader range than immediately assumed.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  25. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Would theatrical be the same as dramatic? Can you give examples of music that would fit into each category or both? Which category do you think this score by Shockwave Sound, Call For Heroes fits under http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VooHLASoY

26. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Hmmm.....

I'd classify that piece as being dramatic without being theatrical. It doesn't really suggest character so much as action (see many scores by modern movie composers like Hans Zimmer). If the music mainly suggests action or motion, I'd classify it as dramatic. That's not to deride such music. How to Train Your Dragon is a textbook case of this being absolutely terrific music (I haven't seen the movie) and I think a skater (not necessarily V/M, but maybe Joubert??? Dunno) could do wonders with it.

Theatrical pieces, to me, suggest character just as much as action, if not moreso. Michael John LaChiusa (Broadway composer) is awesome at this ("Black is a Moocher" from The Wild Party) as are composers like Adam Guettel, Stephen Sondheim, Ahrens/Flaherty and Jason Robert Brown. I think "Masquerade Waltz" is definitely both - it suggest passion, drama, character, everything.

Theatrical without being dramatic? I'd guess the work of someone like Cy Coleman?

27. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Thank you. So theatrical is more character driven and I would love to see somebody use the How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack, I love it.

28. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Although I liked Dean's choreography for C/P, I thought it was just too reminiscent of T/D. I had thought I would like him to work with V/M but after seeing C/P programs last season, I'm not so sure anymore.
    Perhaps for an exhibition.

29. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)maggylyn, I agree. If they were to give Dean a try I would hope it would be an Ex.#, first. I love CD's choreography , but it's always looked best on T/D (followed by the Duschenays ).

Some other very fine skaters have used his choreo over the years , with only limited success, and I think that sometimes had more to do with Judges tastes than the skating.

I think Tessa and Scott have the inner fire and command required to carry it off, but why risk it when they can do so much else ? Risk,just for it's own sake, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

30. sequins

sequins Active Member

I hate this 'uplifting' rule. I get where they're coming from, they don't want to go back to 'theatre on ice', and for one season it was fine but I just feel like it's to restricting. I feel like the skaters will always worry 'is this uplifting?' and limit the possiblities. Not to mention I feel like it could be a cop out for the judges to mark you down and us it as an excuse. I feel like they could've done that with C&P's FD this year which I personally liked (and I'm not suggesting it happened nor has it ever been suggested). I just hate this 'shady' rule.