Virtue and Moir, número 31: The Best Is Yet To Come

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Oct 9, 2013.

1. sequins

sequins Active Member

IMO They take the risk because that's who they are. They love the 'details', the extra something special even when it gets them nothing from the judges in return. They do it for us, for themselves and for their legacy. Scott and Tessa don't wanna be like everyone else and that's why people love them. I'm not saying they shouldn't scrap it or won't but I know they aren't gonna give in easily.

2. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Tessa and Scott definitely make it challenging to be a pessimist

re: details

I think if, in the end, it makes it too hard to do, they'll drop it. But they'll try to make it work first. And who knows, what they could come up with might be even better.

3. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Boy, do they ever! You try to keep your expectations in check, but then they skate like this and you can't help it. Too good.

4. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I have no idea if this really happened or not but I love Kaitlyn nevertheless.

Source

6. sequins

sequins Active Member

Ah Kaitlyn, that is so sweet.:(:)

7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Just back to the hotel.
    Tessa messed up the twizzle and that made Scott out of sync. Then the third set looked totally off too. The twizzles were right in front of me so we saw the miss really clearly. Scott made such a face that I thought he was going to just give up.

The rest of the dance was so spectacular. Of course I held my breath through it all.

After the twizzles I was so afraid they would get a 69 ie less than WP and maybe judges would slide them....but if you took out the twizzles it was an Olys worthy program.

Now when I go home I will have to see it all again. One gets so lost in the moment and the crowd when you are right there.

WP did a great job and great marks

I am hoping to hit a practice tomorrow but no wifi in the stadium.

8. blueglass

blueglass New Member

In the CBC print interview Tessa said they will probably look at moving the twizzles in the program because of her recent problems with them.

9. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

ITA soxxy! Thanks for posting. This program is sublime. Their character and chemistry just amazing - and they were so fast. For V/M it's always a journey as they navigate their incredibly difficult programs and after all it's only October. I suspect that they could also be feeling the pressure of being OG medalist with everyone pursuing them.

10. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think we will have to form Shayii 's prayer circle .....that would be neat with us all over the world.

11. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I know right. It made me tear up a bit because I just want to comfort Tessa and Scott :( too. But the most important thing is was a better outing than finlandia (or I think based on the comments I still haven't seen it).

12. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

You are right Pani. They skate on a different level. wP were technically solid but TS make COP an art form....
    I feel privileged to see them live.

13. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

I don;t know how they are going to do this. What will happen to the step sequence? :(

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Oops didn't read your post but thanks for the report emdee!! Enjoy the free tomorrow.

Also will moving the twizzles help though? There's been problems with the ones in the FD as well (I'm including practice in this).

15. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

OMG! I don't know! They will probably remove the step sequence altogether!!!!!!ONE ;)

16. sequins

sequins Active Member

and way better than 4 years ago at SC. I was there and the OD was a disaster, it was crushing and it was late in the season(SC was the last GP that season)and we all know how that turned out. So i just can't feel all that bad this time. After the past 2 seasons and their struggles with the SD this should be a huge relief for them. So comfort them for a moment then tell them to snap out of it!:)

17. Daniskates93

Daniskates93 Active Member

No one moves their body like Tessa Virtue. The opening of the program is an absolute dream to watch - WOW (and did I mention how freaking fabulous that step sequence was?!). I'm not too worried about the twizzles just yet. I think they will come with time. Very proud of Tessa & Scott in this outing. Really stunning piece of choreo.

18. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Shayii, even with the twizzle error, this was a great early season outing for them. I can't wait for you to see it.

19. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

20. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I believe you guys gerbil. Can't wait to watch it once I get home!

21. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

THIS.

Also, thanks for the report, Emdee. Glad you are enjoying yourself!

22. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

So they are really thinking about moving the twizzles. Like I said before, if they have to, just do it. I'm sure they will come up with something equally wonderful or even better.

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ohhh man, if they are getting emotional before going out and skating I may be a basketcase when I go see them at Canadians.

Perhaps for their peace of mind they should say what they've said all these past years -- we're taking it one year at a time. When this season is over, we'll take stock of things and see if it's the right time to call a halt to our competitive career. It has worked for them all this time so maybe knowing this is the "last time ..." for so many things, the emotions are getting in the way of them keeping their focus.

24. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I forgot to tell you one thing. In the warm up Scott shouted out.... It wasn't a full roar but a mini roar.....I thought it was cool.

Professordeb, we are getting so emotional for them how much harder must it be for them to hold it together.

Pani is the only calm one this season.....

25. aglee

aglee New Member

Hope they don't do away with the champagne hands (?) for their twizzles. It's a lovely detail that ties the twizzles in with the dance.

26. elle123

elle123 Member

Kaitlyn is such a sweetheart.

Those twizzles made me nervous but overall, I agree that it was a great performance. We all know Farracus was a labour of time and adjustments so I have no doubt that they'll get this SD there. But can we just focus on how smooth and gorgeous that SS was? *sigh* I could watch that ALL day, EVERY day!

27. puglover

puglover Active Member

I thought they were just spectacular. I am a serious fan of Weaver and Poje but having seen both couples live at CSOI and at Canadians - Tessa and Scott are just the class of the field. I admit (ashamedly) that I am not the biggest fan of the short dance as a concept. I get what the ISU were going for but most of them I find disjointed and too element packed to enjoy. I am coming to love this one of Tessa and Scott's. Tessa did mention the shortage of rest times in the short dance and how fast paced the Finstep is so I wonder if that contributes to tired legs going into the twizzles. That might be reason to change their location. Anyway, I feel very optimistic - now if we could just shut Rod Black up I would be really happy.

28. martyross

martyross Active Member

Watched it.
    Tessa and Scott are ALIENS.
    there can't possibly be a greater team than this one.
    For me, they are two, three, four times Olympic gold medalists.

p.s. Tessa, will you marry me??

29. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Good scores considering the mistakes who were quite obvious. A bit low on PCS though IMO.

30. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

The best pure icedancers in the field without a doubt. This SD really is dancing on ice; V&M practically floated across the ice.

I just finished watching the SD four times in a row. You just can't take your eyes off of Tessa and Scott. Everything they do has a purpose and fits perfectly with the theme of the program. Nothing is thrown in there just for the heck of it. Even though some of us (yep, I'm including myself in that "us") can get nervous wondering whether V&M are challenging themselves for no reason (the judges sometimes just haven't seemed to appreciate what they do), just looking at this program as a piece of choreography; a piece of art I get why they do what they do. V&M don't want to go out there and just present their elements in a SD that is forgotten two seconds after it ends. And worry about the marks aside, I love them for doing that. I can still see the program, hear the music in my head. Nothing about V&M is forgettable.

Golightly, that step sequence is brilliant. Everything about this program is mesmerizing. The deep edges V&M carve as they move about one another, the shapes their bodies make; Tessa is exquisite. And the expression...everything is there. Even alone Tessa is the best female dancer in the field while Scott is the best of the men. Put that pair together and it's magic pure and simple.

IMO this program is the best SD of the season and once V&M take care of the twizzle issue (I can see what people mean by the champagne hands), I think they can most definitely do quite well with it.

Tessa's dress is gorgeous as well, I love the style. If V&M do change costumes, I think Tessa should keep the general design of her dress and maybe just a change in color always sticking with stronger tones rather than pastels. I think though the black is elegant and fits the program.

Okay, gushing over. I need to see that again.