Virtue and Moir, número 31: The Best Is Yet To Come

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Oct 9, 2013.

1. martyross

martyross Active Member

because they're human? ;)
    things are looking good! i'm sure the PCS will go up too. that SD is too strong, stronger than the little games going on behind the scenes.

2. Subway

Subway New Member

Clean up the twizzles and they likely beat DW's SA sd score. Get the key points and it gets higher still.

It doesn't change that DW shouldn't be where they are based on their skating skills shown or not shown, and the inflated value (IMO) of a couple of elements, but at least they didn't get lowballed. And they should be able to do the twizzles. They've had issues the past two competitions and in practice, but I don't know what the excuse is, that's a strength or should be.

3. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Absolutely wonderful program and except for the twizzles, beautifully skated. I liked that they are mad with themselves - it means they are really out for gold this season. Re the twizzles, don't forget that Tessa had to change the way she skates after her surgery using her thigh muscles instead of her calves and it may be that she needs to work through a new way of doing them. Marks were good - in my head I had 73 as the mark if they were perfect.

4. Subway

Subway New Member

I love reading your posts, Bournekraatzfan; your eye is so much quicker than mine when it comes to "let's go to the videotape." That's not the only reason I enjoy them but it's a "value add" for sure. :)

5. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Well, I'm happy with that! The twizzle mistakes were obvious, but the other elements were scored well! I think the score was fair, and have no complaints about judging/ etc. Maybe they should change that section up just a bit so they're more confident on the twizzles. Still think it's by far the best SD of the lot! I enjoyed W/P and H/D too! Looking forward to tomorrow! :D

6. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

Alright, we all agree this is such a wonderful dance, now they need to fix the twizzle problem and see how they will be judged. Do you guys think they need to do the twizzle at the beginning and get it out of the way asap? Or it's a non-factor?

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

God, that step sequence was GLORIOUS. I knew it was going to get huge marks, I knew it in my heart. I could kiss the cameraman for actually letting us SEE the edgework. So beautiful.

8. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

was tessa still wearing her black dress for the SD? if so, i hope she keeps it. it lends a sensual, smoky sophistication to the jazzy program. im happy that they're really working hard to get the style of the dance down.

now the twizzles. i didnt get to watch the SD, but who messed them up? tessa? scott? if it's tessa, it seems that ever since her injury, she has been having problems with her consistency with them. also, i think ever since she has fully grown into a woman, she acquired the gordeeva syndrome of missing the consistency on jumps after her body matured. not trying to inflame wars, but just my opinion.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This was level SS with +3 GOE - impressive!
    This SD so difficult.

10. Golightly

Is this the first 3.00 GOE element of the season among the dancers?

11. Zazy

Zazy Member

From what I remember, D/W had a couple perfectly scored elements in their free dance.

Did you guys notice one judge giving them 8.75 for skating skills? That means he had W/P no more than .5 points behind in skating skills. I honestly don't get it...

12. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Aw, that is such a nice thing to say. Thanks, Subway. I really enjoy your posts, too. I didn't pick up on all the issues with the lift mechanics in D&W's programs until you pointed them out. Please keep your analysis coming :)

I was happy with both the judges and tech panel today. I hope it carries over into the FD.

13. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think yes. And IMHO - it was well deserve.

14. Zazy

Zazy Member

I just checked and D/W got full GOE marks for their last rotational lift, although that amounts to 1.5 points.

15. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

I don't think they need to put them in the first half, but perhaps they don't have to be so ambitious with the transitions and the setup going into the twizzles (but then again, that is V/M's signature when doing twizzles).

16. pani

pani Well-Known Member

In SD?

17. Golightly

Lots of positives today, no doubt. They will work on those twizzles, but the fact that the SS is already PERFECT. That is such a huge plus.

18. aka_gerbil

aka_gerbil Rooting for the Underdogs

Others have pointed out what the score would have been without the twizzle error. This was not lowballing.

19. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

That step sequence is why V&M are the best, just :swoon:

Btw..I don't think it's so easy to move twizzles in a program like theirs. Their SD is a whole concept, not a string of elements, that to move those would require a lot of time redoing the SD. They will get it done in the end. They never would have put them there if they saw it as a major weakness. Tessa just needs to shake that monkey off her back and she will if her expression afterwards is anything to go by ;)

20. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

Both of them messed up the twizzles (I think).

21. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the actual skate yet but just checked the marks. Whooohooo! 73.15 and with a bobble on the twizzle section no less. I'm really relieved and happy with that. Hopefully Tessa and Scott can chanel their anger at themselves and the encouraging marks given (with this particular panel no less) and use that to have a great skate in the FD.

22. Proustable

Proustable New Member

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Unique unison, like always :D

24. Golightly

Tessa was pissed. Good. Pissed is good, Tessa. That will drive her more.

25. ddtpdx

ddtpdx New Member

I think Tessa got off balance at the end of the first set of twizzles, and then both got off balance on the 2nd set.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  26. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

Thanks Proustable. :)

27. icefan1005

icefan1005 New Member

They both had problems on the second set of twizzles. Scott's momentary face of panic was kinda funny. :D

28. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Just look at all that dancing.

29. apple123

apple123 Banned Member

You crack me up, pani. I feel better now, haha

30. liv

liv Well-Known Member

That was a good program. Yes, mistakes on the twizzles, but both did them, so it was kind of funny. And, get those errors out now rather than in February.

I liked the performance very much and have faith in this program to get them where they want to be.