Virtue and Moir #39 - Into the Mystic

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Apr 27, 2014.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

But no news about new shows yet?

2. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

3. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Hi guys, hope you everyone spent a good summer :)

Not necessarily ;)

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

O, i had hope they will skate in Verona and in Lambiel show :(

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  5. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

We'll see if they will plan other shows during this autumn. :)
    To have them in Verona would be the best! I hope one day they will invited! :)

6. TSFRENCHFAN

TSFRENCHFAN Active Member

Yay that would be great since I live in France I could make it to Italy hopefully!:) Here's to hoping! I should be going to Canada next summer but after SOI unfortunately so I'm really trying to find a way to finally see them skate live and meet them! Please keep me updated if you hear about anything in Canada with them next Summer or anything in europe please?Thanks!

7. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

They are already in the cast for SOI 2015 next year ;)
    So maybe you'll be able to attend live ;)

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  8. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Of couse. But look, like they will not madw any shows untill CSOI next Spring.

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  9. TSFRENCHFAN

Thanks well I did hear they will do SOI next year and will check the dates but I'm thinking it will be hard... but maybe something will come up like an appearance somewhere at least?

10. TSFRENCHFAN

Thanks, well we'll see as time gets closer I guess...

11. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Perhaps we'll get to see them as guest commentators at various competitions, or at least Canadians or Skate Canada. That would be interesting.

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Hmm... it just seems weird that they would let themselves keep getting funding if they weren't seriously considering competing in 2015. If they had made a choice to either retire or not, I believe they would announce it. Let them take their time! (Meanwhile I'm over here with my fingers crossed saying "paso, pleeease, paso" lol)

Ps, TSFRENCHFAN I'm planning to travel to Canada next summer too! (To see them at CSOI! I haven't seen them live...)

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  13. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

I keep thinking this too. But with their friendship with WP getting tighter (well Kaitlyn and Tessa), I'm wondering if they'll factor that into their decision. I know it's silly, but I feel a part of them wouldn't want to get in WP's way. I hope they don't think about that--every man for himself.

They're in Saskatoon right now doing some kind of charity with Mike Babcock. And here's a pic at what I think is a gym or something like that:[​IMG]

14. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I keep hoping for ne more WCh, pleeease!!lol

TSFRENCHFAN and MissJD like this.
  15. girlscouse62

I just got an all-event pass for skate Canada international. So here's hoping Tessa and Scott will be there. It is first competition I get to see live. I am super excited, but so sad they won't be skating!

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  16. TSFRENCHFAN

MissJD, I know I want to see them live too but I'm supposed to be there at the end of June for another reason so I think it will be too late but maybe I would SO love to,will see!If I do go I'll keep you updated!

MissJD likes this.
  17. puglover

puglover Active Member

Wow, girlscouse62 and TSFRENCHFAN - you both have very wonderful and exciting events to look forward to. You certainly have a different experience when you have the opportunity to watch live. I hope you both have a great time. Tessa and Scott are out of this world live.

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  18. jenji124

jenji124 Well-Known Member

Maybe they've turned down shows in the fall and winter because they will be training and competing?

I think there is a reason they don't have anything on the schedule (like shows) and they are still getting funding.

TSFRENCHFAN and Cherub721 like this.
  19. TSFRENCHFAN

Well thanks puglover, I doubt I'll be able to go to SOI because of the dates I need to be traveling , but would def love to, it would be a dream come true. My main issue is traveling and housing before June but I have friends in Canada that hopefully will be able to help.Waiting on the locations and dates to see if there is any possible way to make it happen.I'm supposed to go to New Brunswick so there are not a lot of usual SOI locations there...Are there buses or trains going often to big cities?Thanks

20. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I hope that you are right.

21. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

It does seem that they are keeping the door open a crack if they are continuing to receive funding. I too, find it interesting that they have not said anything about shows for the fall. Perhaps they are planning to take that time to see if they are up to training for winter comps?
    It all feels ... in flux.

22. girlscouse62

So hoping they will be in kelowna for SC International

23. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Usually, there are not many ice shows during the Grand Prix periods. The only visible event I can think of is the Disson series in US, in which mostly older professionals participate. In my humble opinion, no confirmed event in their fall schedule does not say anything.

24. FreeAgent

FreeAgent New Member

I haven't posted in a while but I was thinking, since it seems they are seating out this season or retiring, it would be nice for V/M to mentor one of the upcoming Canadian dance couples. Maybe one being coached by Dubreuil and Lauzon.

Barbie.

TSFRENCHFAN and girlscouse62 like this.
  25. girlscouse62

Would really love to see them working with Marie-France ad Patrice

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.
  26. TSFRENCHFAN

Would be a great thing!Very good idea!:)

27. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Hello, guys. How's everyone doing? Things have been a bit rough on my end lately, but I hope they get better.

I wanted to stop and say hi to everyone. I haven't been following Tessa and Scott as closely as I used to, but I did miss you guys and hey, here's hoping for one more year. What do you think? Is there hope? And how's everyone been doing?

28. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Hi, Golightly! Nice to see you again. I'm sorry you're having hard times.

I guess you know that Tessa and Scott joined twitter? (Scott only posted his ice bucket thingie, though). They've been quiet skating-wise since AOI in July. No shows currently planned. They are listed in the Canadian National team (but then so is Chan and he's taking the year off) and also on a list of skaters receiving funding (which Chan isn't). In China they did a press conference re: 2015 Worlds and they said they are not decided whether they want to skate there. I think the deadline for Canadian Nationals is late September. No news about them working with any coaches or choreographers though, so there is a little hope, but I don't want to give false hope either. It's a wait and see. It sucks! :lol:

29. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Hey golightly! Nice to see you here and like cherub I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, hope it gets better soon.

Before I felt maybe Tessa and Scott would come back to competition, but lately I feel like they wouldn't and because they aren't planning on doing any shows that we know of it's making me think they might retire from skating altogether. Tessa is pretty diligent when it comes to tweeting regularly, Scott on the other hand has me wondering why he even bothered lol.

30. Vera Costa

Vera Costa New Member

:lol: See, all last year I was sure that they would retire after Sochi, but lately I feel like we might see them for at least another season! I don't know exactly what makes me think that way and I could be completely wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Scott features in a majority of Tessa's tweets though! She might as well be tweeting for both of them :lol:

TSFRENCHFAN likes this.