Virtue and Moir #39 - Into the Mystic

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by pani, Apr 27, 2014.

1. pani

pani Well-Known Member

:D Happy Canada Day!!!!!

I think all try to push TS to retier too much. This is unfair, i think SC and canadian coaches need to wait untill VM will say - good bay, and not start talking all season long how VN skate at there last competitions ever.

2. TSFRENCHFAN

TSFRENCHFAN Active Member

Ok here is the portrait I did of Tessa : (Comments are welcomed if they are proper!:)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...79904116859.2105919.1222726923&type=3&theater

Here is Scott: weirdly everytime I tried to draw them on the same piece of paper it didn't work out so well lol!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...79904116859.2105919.1222726923&type=3&theater

I know they are far from perfect and that the quality after scanning them is so bad but thought y'all might enjoy seeing them!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  3. puglover

puglover Active Member

Wow, those are amazing - you are very talented. You even captured the kind of shy beauty that Tessa projects.

4. puglover

puglover Active Member

Your portraits actually got me thinking about how tired I am of the "out there", contrived, in your face, beauty of so many of the celebrities currently. I am really enjoying the pictures of these young athletes that are so wholesome by comparison.

5. TSFRENCHFAN

Haha well thank you so much for your sweet words!I'm always so critical of my own work so...

6. TSFRENCHFAN

So with you on this !This is why I admire Tessa so much !

7. TSFRENCHFAN

Ok so funny story or kind of... since I've liked pages and stuff related to Figure Skating yesterday I got kaitlyn Weaver's fb page coming up and was like what the heck I should ask her to be my fb friend she will probably won't accept anyway and she accepted; now all the other athletes she has as friends are showing lol I might have the whole Olympic team if I continue!I just love how Team Canada is so accessible!So far I have Kaitlyn and Dylan!:) Kaitlyn is so sweet she liked my post on her wall right away gotta love her!So bad Tessa and Scott don't have a fb page! This just made up my mind for next season Kaitlyn and Andrew are gonna be my top choice since they are great, talented and from Canada!:)I'm also looking forward to see the Spanish team and the Italians as well as Moore-Towers and her new partner.

8. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

July is finally here. I hope we will hear from V/M soon.

9. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Anyone confused as to why Tessa and Scott are not in the show "Shall We Dance On Ice?" Im going to assume they weren't allowed to go, which is bad because D/W were allowed to be in the show in 2010. It sucks for the fans who live elsewhere such as the US they wont get to see Tessa and Scott perform.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  10. Zazy

Zazy Member

Show promoters are allowed to invite the skaters they want. In this case they are American, and even the 2010 version was essentially a made-for-US-TV-event, which is why most of the skaters were American. The only reason it happened in Canada is because V/M were the Olympic champs.

Personally, I think they were asked and turned down the invitation. I know it's frustrating for American fans but I'm sure V/M will eventually skate there. Who knows, they may even do American SOI one of these years.

11. parapluies

I personally think they weren't asked at all. But maybe they are scheduling conflicts maybe they are doing another show.

12. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

I doubt they were asked. I also doubt they would want to. This show seems to be centered around D&W, Maks, Sharna and Marina. I think V&M have been clear about leaving Canton behind them.

13. Zazy

Zazy Member

I'm not sure why the promoters wouldn't want to include the team that finished second to D/W at the Olympics but that's just me (remember the post-SLC SOI with S/P and B/S?)

D/W participated in the 2010 edition that featured V/M. Of course that was an American production with Canadian champions, it's possible it could be all about D/W this time around. We'll see.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  14. parapluies

They are losing out by making this all about D/W. I think it's very selfish since D/W were in the 2010 one. You know how much money they could've made if they had all three Olympic champions on the show?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  15. moirvirtuefan

moirvirtuefan New Member

The website said more dancers to be announced, so perhaps they will still be added. Or like others have said, maybe they were asked and declined. They could just want DW to have their time, like they did in 2010. The tables have turned I guess. I love VM dearly, but maybe they are getting tired of being in the lime light.

16. Meyers

Meyers New Member

Hey, let's go all the way positive and say that they were asked, but declined because they'll be busy training for Nationals. :D

Actually, what I find interesting about the cast is that that in the original Shall We Dance On Ice, there were also Belbin/Agosto, Kerrs, Navarro/Bommentre, Lang/Tchernyshev (and it was also choreographed by Marina). And like last time, though there were teams representing a number of countries, skaters from the US make up half the show. V/M were clearly the 'stars' of the original production, but they were Olympic and World champions, and the show was taped in Canada (if barely over the border). But even still, the show felt (to me) like more of a celebration of North American ice dance in particular, and of ice dance in general, rather than just being V/M's show. Maybe once this show actually tapes, it will have that same feel, but at a read, it sounds like a definite D/W show, with special guests -- ice dancers, and DWTS dancers alike. (The dancers at the original show had no connection to the ice dancers; but every team skated twice, once of their own choreography and musical choice, and once to a song/choreography that corresponded to the floor dancers on the stage.) I also remember being very disappointed with the turnout at the show, as there were a depressingly large number of empty seats. Perhaps with this crossover to DWTS, there will be enough interest from the two groups of viewers to fill the place up, which would be nice.

17. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

Why don't V/M start their own little show? I know there is CSOI tour. But that is so Canadian focused. V/M can start a little show for a couple of nights, maybe in Toronto, in the summer, and invite all the big international stars. I think they should do it. They have the time now. And they have the connection since they have been touring in Japan and China. I think it will be a hit. V/M are the big draw, probably thrown in Chan, and get some OGM and WGM to come. I mean, S/Z, Yuna, even Ten is doing it. Why not V/M?

18. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

I know the biggest problem of starting a show is finding enough sponsors. But they should at least give it a go. You never know. I mean they are freaking OGM, and even more famous now with the TV show and their Sochi moments. I bet there are some company want the publicity. Particularly if they can broadcast it on TV. It would be so much fun to have a show in their honor.

19. TSFRENCHFAN

Same here...

20. parapluies

I hope one day they will get their own show. They deserve it the most.

21. parapluies

22. TSFRENCHFAN

23. parapluies

24. TSFRENCHFAN

Was just going to share the link!Thanks for doing it ! Here is a comment from Skate Canada's facebook to answer about the futur for Patrick, Tessa and Scott:
    Skate Canada / Patinage Canada: "Tessa/Scott and Patrick have indicated they will not compete the Grand Prix series this fall but have not made a decision as to the 2015 half of the season."

Will be sad not to see them at the Grand Prix but this gives me hope for a few more competitions... maybe one more worlds?Or many more....

25. parapluies

I was hoping they would compete in the GP so they can get that GPF title.

26. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

That was my hope also. Even though there are other couples still in ice dance that I enjoy, I feel so sad and disappointed to know that the Tessa/Scott, D/W era is almost certainly ended. Boohoo!!!!:(

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I don't care about GPF, I just want them to compete somewhere to see them do the paso SD and a kickass FD. I really hope they decide to stick around a while longer.

Exactly! How about til 2018 please? :lol:

28. liv

liv Well-Known Member

That sounds good to me. At least it's not an outright retirement...

29. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

So there is still hope. Let's wait and see. They are still young. If they wanna, they can stay around for another Olympics and just do fun programs.

30. TSFRENCHFAN

I know me too!