Virtue and Moir #38: Simply Timeless

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Mar 3, 2014.

1. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

or Quebec City... :shuffle:

2. Sonata

Sonata Active Member

Some would say it's actually Federer's footwork that is Voiresque ;)

Getting silver definitely has not dampened their popularity in Canada. In fact, with the way they skated in the shadow of controversy, respect for them went way up. While I was waiting in line at the drugstore last week, I saw TWO magazines had them on the cover.

3. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

They definitely got more fans now especially internationally. Around my circle, the causual fans who only watch figure skating 1 every 4 years talk of Virtue and Moir instead of the winners.

Or Sochi if we are going that way :shuffle:

4. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  5. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I believe it was an ad for the watch. Weaver and Poje had a similar picture.

6. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Wyliefan, i understand and am not justifying personal attacks on skaters, but i think some of us in here are fed up with the double standard on the part of some posters (not you) who feel perfectly comfortable calling Tessa and Scott things like douchebag, asshole, etc. and calling Tessa fat and accusing her of faking an injury (which is a very serious accusation), making very rude comments about Katia and Dima, and trashing this thread yet react to any criticism of Meryl and Charlie. The breakdowns of the rules and discussions of technique were dismissed as us "having too much time on our hands" or not being passionate enough about the sport to just enjoy it. Again, i am not defending the posters who make rude remarks--i wish they would just go away--but they are in the minority and many in here have expressed a desire to keep that stuff out of this thread yet when VM fans are brought up in the DW thread, this is rarely mentioned. As you know, i am a fan of both teams, with a preference for V&M, but a lot of people here, though not fans of D&W, have never engaged in bashing D&W and have in fact actively discouraged it.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. emka

emka New Member

this is that D-W ubber reese ? :eek: They do copy and paste job on all D-W bad criticsism and post it on all other skaters. Hate B-S, Hate Seasons, Hate Birds, they say even hate Swan Lake early in the season but now when D-W win all is okay and podium look fine and Swan Lake not so bad anymore :rofl: Look like stupidity know no bounds :rofl:

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That's really horrible behavior on their part, Bournekraatzfan, and I don't blame you for being upset about it. I hope you reported it. From the sound of it, there were quite a lot of lines crossed.

9. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

10. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

I admit to not reporting it because at that time I was not clear on what constituted behaviour for which someone could be banned or reprimanded--i will definitely report it next time. It is a shame that people are posting such nasty stuff on a public message board :(

MissJD, love the song choice! I looooove John Legend and wished they would skate to his "This Time"! But I may prefer "All of Me" for them now :)

11. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I thought you might be with me on that one! ;) I really need one of them to get Twitter so we can all tweet them songs lol

12. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

I noticed that today as well, when buying some things in the drugstore after work.

13. parapluies

Have you seen Youtube ciomments on VM ? Shows DW ubers can just be as vile. But for some reason VM fans are always labeled as the horrible ones :yikes:

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Noooo!! Any song, but that one! Lol IDK I'm not sure it would work for a skate program. Anyways here is my list and I have a lot: Say Something (X Factor version), Gravity, Kissing You, Sail, This Woman's Work (either the original version of Maxwell), ET, You and I, Winter Song, Let Her Go...I'm sure there's more, but that's all I have for now lol. Oh wait, and the ending score from Thelma and Louise. Ok now I'm done.
    Yes. And there's' particularly one very nasty person making some disgusting comments about Tessa on YT.

Anyways to the Canadians apparently Tessa and Scott will be on Breakfast TV tomorrow--I don't know what that is, but thought I pass it along.

15. parapluies

I do not get why the have this such big obsession wtih Tessa they need to take it down a notch because they look creepy.:slinkaway

16. Bue

Bue Active Member

Ooh I LOVE the idea of This Woman's Work. I have always wanted them to skate to The Blower's Daughter but that song is also kind of tied up with Dube/Davison for me. Also Falling Slowly from Once.

17. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

It's from HPC ;)

I didn't heard this song before! *___________*
    OMG! I loooooove that!!!!! The lyrics it's simply beautiful! I can see them skating on!! Seems "their" song :) I vote for this! :D :D

18. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

I KNOW!!! I had to remove many very offending/disgusting comments about Tessa from my channel! More of these were under SOI version of Stay... Such an awful people...

19. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Y'all know: Haters will be haters!...................Rise above ;). So many times I've been tempted to post what I really think of D/W's skating, but held myself back because (1) it's anti-productive, and (2) it's immature (at least in my opinion). I read more than I post, but do try to ignore those swipes at Tessa and Scott. After all you have to consider where it comes from :)

Xiaoxue likes this.
  20. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Yes, definitely to You and I! I'm kinda obsessed with Let Her Go at the moment, but it would be better for pairs I think. There are some powerful moments that would be great for jumps. (And I need a throw on one of the "so you let her go"s haha) Maybe V/T or MT/M. Also on my list are "Almost Lover" and the Pixie Lott cover of "Use Somebody"

Yesssssss!

21. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

I've been on another forum & the things said about Adelina Sotnikova made me shudder. Whether you agree with the Sochi result or not, to say such vile things about a young girl is just awful.
    NOTHING can justify personal comments about skaters who have trained their entire lives for this sport.
    One can only imagine what some of these people are like in their own life to want to write disgusting things.
    It's got to the point now where I don't even read some threads as I know what is being written.
    It's just so sad.

22. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I don't hold back when it comes to describing why it is that D-W are such a mediocre team. They have poor skating skills overall, it is that simple. On top of that, they're awful dancers, with zero grasp of rhythm. I can say that here and anywhere else. What bothers me is when people cross the line and start being just plain mean. Calling this and that names or talking about their physical appearance.

I also think that all the reasons why they are bad skaters and dancers we've discussed nonstop, those of us interested in the skating discussion that is. Perhaps people don't like to read them, but I don't think those are qualified as insult, perhaps Prancer can correct me?

So that's why I said that we should focus on the positive stuff coming for Tessa and Scott. This rivalry made no sense. A lesser team in all aspects versus one of the best technicians and dancers of all time. Some things will never make sense in this sport. But the rivalry is over, everyone can move on now. I just thought we could do the same.

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I could only tell - this commentsonly show who is crazy. VM fans never crossed this line. Maybe even didnt watch DW skating, especially in ex.
    http://ufsf.org/novosti/2014/nadezh...nii-nam-prishlos-otkazatsya.html#.UxnaQ9EmqaJ
    Interview with our Ukranian ice dancer, who couldnt go to WCh because of injury. At the end she said at OG she suppoty VM and she like there perfomances at OG more, but judges know better, even she is stronly disagree with them.

24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

YouTube comment sections are a cesspool. They're completely disgusting. :yikes: I always hope people like Tessa and Adelina and anyone else who has skating videos there -- or anyone who has any videos at all, really -- don't read them.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

26. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Double post

27. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

28. parapluies

The backlash for Adelina have crossed the lines honestly. People can speculate about rumors b ut they need to know when not to cross the line.

29. bunhead

bunhead Member

I usually agree with you MissJD but not these songs for Tessa and Scott. These John Legend songs are way too sappy. I really want them to dance to different styles. In fact, I want them to do a pure dance number...no storyline, just move. I know not everyone loves Christopher Dean but I want to see what he can make Tessa and Scott do. He did a techno dance number for Shae-Lynn and Victor that I've always loved:
    http://youtu.be/T3F3DP1u_Co

If not, I would like full on ballet-on-ice number, though I guess show audiences probably don't want to see something like this unless it's Swan Lake or Nutcracker. Shame!

30. parapluies

It was from the same person? I wonder why they have not been banned yet :shuffle: