Virtue and Moir #38: Simply Timeless

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Golightly, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

You now have a week to ponder the meaning of the words "move on." Enjoy.

2. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

You have no idea in what I'm interested in or not. I have the utmost respect for V/M's skating skills, the smoothness in their skating is incredible; they as skaters are incredible. When I saw Valse Triste live in Paris years ago, I fell in love with it. It is, to this day, one of my favorite skating programs because it was one piece from start to finished and it seemed like they just floated through it. It's actually the same feeling I got from their program this year; I know your stance on it but I really loved it because, just like Valse Triste, I felt it highlighted all their qualities, of their skating and the connection there is between them; for those four minutes, they just floated across the ice and the four minutes were over in no time and I found myself wanting to watch more.
    Yes, when it comes down to it and I have to choose, I prefer D/W because I prefer their dramatic style. But I can see the qualities of both teams and enjoy both their skating and I don't need to hate one team to like the other.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  3. shine

shine Well-Known Member

D/W's drama is so dry.

4. princeton123

princeton123 Member

5. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Totally random and maybe weird question, but was Tessa's dress that she wore for the individual FD padded? She looked bigger in the boobage area lol.

6. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

It's weird. D/W ubers came to this thread to stir the pot, and yet V/M ubers got banned. For those who claim to like both teams, could you talk about V/M in this thread, and D/W in that thread. It's a sensible thing to do.

7. forthewin

forthewin Active Member

Prancer, you are an admin, so you know the rules. If you are engaged in the convo, you can't just ban people coz you don't like what others say.

8. supergirl573

supergirl573 Member

I think the girls were just pushed up. She might have actually have been wearing a bra. Usually her dresses are backless or don't allow for it, so she probably wears those cup things that act as a bra when you wear strapless, backless gowns.

9. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Here are the download links supergirl573 wanted! You can view and/or download. It's the NBC stream, Brits commentary. Some of the quality was apparently lost in translation, but after many failed attempts to upload, I'm just glad it's there lol. SD turned out better than FD.

Freedance http://www.mediafire.com/watch/8m4yd8tjmb6btxm/Virtue_Moir_Indv_FD.avi

Short https://www.mediafire.com/?j0amzpeu6ww0dhr OR http://www.mediafire.com/watch/j0amzpeu6ww0dhr/Virtue Moir Indv SD.avi

"Stay" from the gala (could be geoblocked) http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/tessa-virtuescott-moir-dazzle-figure-skating-gala

10. Prancer

The rule is that when an admin tells you to drop a subject and move on, you drop the subject and move on.

You can now take a week to think about it, too. I am not part of the convo here; if I open this thread at all, it's as an admin, not a participant.

11. Bue

Bue Active Member

Thank you for these MissJD! Who is the Australian woman? I've never come across her before. I like that someone finally came out and said that Tessa and Scott are the better skaters. Thank you, Aussie lady! Interesting that Chris H. was expecting a world record breaking score in the SD...

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

You're welcome! I have no idea who they are. I watched every broadcast and they never said their names!

13. Bue

Bue Active Member

The guy is Chris Howarth from Eurosport... how odd that they never introduced themselves.

14. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Ok with the risk that I may get banned too because I'm now afraid to say something, I want to know what forthewin said that justified her being suspended for a week; not trying to start anything, but it doesn't seem right.

15. princeton123

princeton123 Member

The Australian woman is Belinda Noonan, I believe. I remember her from Vancouver - she absolutely ripped D/S to shreds on the air for their Aboriginal OD for about ten minutes, it was actually kind of funny. I think she was also the one who said she was in tears following Mahler.

16. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Admins - Sorry, I should have been more careful about expressing my opinion. Ice Dance makes us all a little crazy at times and I'm no exception, which is why I think I will voluntarily take a break from the site and see if I can locate my common sense. Best wishes to all.

17. Prancer

I don't know how much more clearly I can say it:

Or do you actually want this thread to be one post after another of people arguing with whether or not the admins have the right to ban this person or that, or what the rules are or whatever? We did this already and what I learned from the experience was that if I allowed it, people in this thread would, instead of taking advice, go on and on and on and on arguing with us, which derails the thread and for what?

I thought you all wanted to talk about V&M. If not and what you want to talk about is what the admins can and cannot do, I will be happy to continue. I'd rather just leave and let you go back to talking about whatever, but as long as you want to talk about board rules and such, I'm here for you.

18. Jeanne7

Jeanne7 Member

I too would like to know. When I went to the thread today I thought for a moment I'd stumbled on a parallel universe ... :(

19. volunteer

volunteer Member

Maybe if this place wasn't so enthusiastic with the banishments, it wouldn't be such a hot topic, just saying . . .

20. Prancer

:lol: This place hardly ever banishes anyone. Congrats to this thread for being exceptional.

Anything else?

21. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

22. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I"m glad both teams have a chance to get away from the stress that was the Olympics and what was, for sure, a stressful training environment. Getting out of Canton, doing shows, DWTS, SOI... it'll be good for them to decompress and enjoy the aftermath of the Games. They both deserve it.

23. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I watched their Olympic programs again. This is the best I have seen this team skate in my six years as a fan. This time, I only focused on their bladework. Really, it was Federesque.

24. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Lol you really love tennis don't you ;). And I agree Liv. My baby cousin wants me to take her to see SOI at the Honda center. I told her I'll think about depending on the price lol.

25. pani

pani Well-Known Member

This will be ice show? How do you think will they skate new ex there?

26. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

Is it an ice show? I thought it was like a fashion show? I have no idea I never actually read the page just posted the link lol.

ETA: actually it looks like they're just going I speak.

27. *Ice Princess*

*Ice Princess* Member

Thanks :) The account is close now. When they'll partecipate?

28. HSGP21

HSGP21 New Member

GPF is in Barcelona next year!?!?! VM + a first GPF title + a paso doble + IN SPAIN.... oh we can dream!

29. supergirl573

supergirl573 Member

Thank you so much! You are the absolute best! :D

30. parapluies

parapluies Well-Known Member

Their 1st GPF title should've been in Japan...:shuffle: